View Poll Results: Has the Lebron signing destroyed the Lakers?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

75 63.03%
  • No

44 36.97%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    The ISH'ers Champion!

Default Re: Lebron has destroyed this Laker's team! Can it be debated anymore? Time to admit it!

Kinda sad our young guys are having to go through this.

That chant from Indiana fans has to feel real shitty.....young drip king... hang in there boi...

Decent playground baller

Default Re: Lebron has destroyed this Laker's team! Can it be debated anymore? Time to admit it!

I don't post much in this forum like I use too, but when I do I always make it clear of my dislike for LeHype 3 of 9 James. I dreaded the thought of him in Lakers uniform, for the very reasons were seeing now. He needs to go A.S.A.P! Like I said before, trade him straight up Anthony Davis. Please Magic!

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k 96
    I don't post much in this forum like I use too, but when I do I always make it clear of my dislike for LeHype 3 of 9 James. I dreaded the thought of him in Lakers uniform, for the very reasons were seeing now. He needs to go A.S.A.P! Like I said before, trade him straight up Anthony Davis. Please Magic!
    Lol uhhh bruh?

21-15 with LeBron = 48 win pace
    6-12 without = 27 win pace

pls stop

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay
    Lol uhhh bruh?

pls stop
    And just lost by 42 to a team without it's best player.....

some pace you were on there....

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Lol uhhh bruh?

pls stop

A 48 win pace in the West is good for 7th or 8th place in the playoffs.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    A 48 win pace in the West is good for 7th or 8th place in the playoffs.
    But When Lebron went down, they were the 4th seed!

[COLOR="White"]...Just like 4 other teams at that particular time with the same record[/COLOR]

Default Re: Lebron has destroyed the Laker's franchise! Can it be debated anymore? Time to admit!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    I voted yes.

Sadly, I did, too. And that upset me as a Lebron fan.

Lol uhhh bruh?

pls stop

Quote Originally Posted by Matppak
    And just lost by 42 to a team without it's best player.....

some pace you were on there....
    Damn. Got 'em.

[COLOR=Teal]Not trying to play devil's advocate here, so I'm answering your question first. Yes, LeBron is shredding this team to pieces, and no it can't be debated anymore.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]It's well understood, however, that Davis wants or at the very least prefers to be a Laker given a choice. So, why not wait until his contract expires and sign him then? Why the push now, with both Davis and LeBron hobbled and playoff chances on the line and season likely unfruitful anyway? Why is 1 more year worth ALL of our young assets plus a multitude of draft picks, to LeBron (and apparently Magic)?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Answer: because they want to clear the decks so they could recruit another top-tier player and form a big three in the summer, in order to compete for a title next year.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]That's the real reason why. It's not about landing AD alone. It's not about giving up the young core to appease LeBron. Magic doesn't believe they can continue to develop their core while competing for a title at the same time. He wants players in their prime NOW. So NOW is the time to act from their vantage point. That's their plan.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Whether it's the best approach when it's possible to just wait things out and pursue other stars in the summer first while keeping the young core for at least one more season is up for debate.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]What's not up for debate, however, is they know what they're doing and it's by design. Controvesial as it may be.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]Not trying to play devil's advocate here, so I'm answering your question first. Yes, LeBron is shredding this team to pieces, and no it can't be debated anymore.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]It's well understood, however, that Davis wants or at the very least prefers to be a Laker given a choice. So, why not wait until his contract expires and sign him then? Why the push now, with both Davis and LeBron hobbled and playoff chances on the line and season likely unfruitful anyway? Why is 1 more year worth ALL of our young assets plus a multitude of draft picks, to LeBron (and apparently Magic)?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Answer: because they want to clear the decks so they could recruit another top-tier player and form a big three in the summer, in order to compete for a title next year.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]That's the real reason why. It's not about landing AD alone. It's not about giving up the young core to appease LeBron. Magic doesn't believe they can continue to develop their core while competing for a title at the same time. He wants players in their prime NOW. So NOW is the time to act from their vantage point. That's their plan.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Whether it's the best approach when it's possible to just wait things out and pursue other stars in the summer first while keeping the young core for at least one more season is up for debate.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]What's not up for debate, however, is they know what they're doing and it's by design. Controvesial as it may be.[/COLOR]
    Please don

It's a good post.

I say... if it's the Pelicans... go for it, NOW. You never won anything. You can win (more) now? Do it.

The Lakers? You'll sell the tickets anyway. Build for long term. Keep the brand.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

How mad are you LeHaters going to be when LeBron drags these garbage cans to the finals

Banned

DAMN... 29-3

It's really because the clock is ticking. Lebron will be going 36 when AD can sign as a free agent. We're not talking a big window here. If Bron was 30 then yeah, wait it out and just sign him next year without giving up the entire youth core, but that's not what they're faced with.

Question is, who's that third star going to be at this point that moves the needle? KD and Kahwi we can reasonably assume are out. PG13 opted for OKC. Maybe Klay? Or some twilight zone reunion with Lebron and Kyrie? There was a lot of assumed player movement back in 2017 that's not playing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    How mad are you LeHaters going to be when LeBron drags these garbage cans to the finals

Why do you think this many people who care enough about basketball to regularly post on a message board are not fond of LeBron?

If he indeed is the greatest thing since sliced bread... why is this love not universal?