Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default And now Miami have a quality 6th man

Miami always lacked a center and a proper 6th man. Now they have a quality player off the bench and that man is a healthier Ray Allen. Not fair

Ray for 6th man of the year 12/13?

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Default Re: And now Miami have a quality 6th man

Best thing about it is that Wade can just rest and be ready for the playoffs while miller and allen do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Miami always lacked a center and a proper 6th man. Now they have a quality player off the bench and that man is a healthier Ray Allen. Not fair

It's a possibility, given the hype around him and the Heat, although he probably wont be deserving. NBA awards are hype awards though.

Heat also now have a great centre, Chris Bosh.

College star

Ray has recently...and quietly... said that his ankle issues will be a reoccurring problem this season. That can serve as a huge detractor for Miami come playoff time, as we saw how ineffective Ray Ray can be when his jumper is just off last season/post-season.

Health will be an interesting factor in the NBA this year, more so than the last several seasons. Not just Miami, but many of the top teams.

Banned

Don't worry....our Lakers will do just fine when we meet in the Finals.

You should fine a better picture of Nash for your avatar.

Nash in a Lakers jersey...

they are scary good...no denying that

I think the celtics can give them another good run out east tho

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Ray has recently...and quietly... said that his ankle issues will be a reoccurring problem this season. That can serve as a huge detractor for Miami come playoff time, as we saw how ineffective Ray Ray can be when his jumper is just off last season/post-season.

Health will be an interesting factor in the NBA this year, more so than the last several seasons. Not just Miami, but many of the top teams.
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it happens a lot. I'm under the impression Ray was a detractor because he had to play so much on those ankles cause bradley was out. Ray has more replacements on this team so wouldn't that lessen his negative impact?

Banned

Not fair
    Not fair?

The Lakers got a 2-time MVP and a 3x DPOY

College star

Ray Allen said ankle issue likely will be ongoing throughout the season, something he will have to manage.

He said he never wanted to let on publicly how serious it was last season in Boston.
    http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nba/...not-totally-ok

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KeyNote
    I think the celtics can give them another good run out east tho
    Celtics can't even beat a Euroleague team! Yeah, it's preseason and all but MIA wouldn't have lost to that Euroleague team.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it happens a lot. I'm under the impression Ray was a detractor because he had to play so much on those ankles cause bradley was out. Ray has more replacements on this team so wouldn't that lessen his negative impact?
    Certainly depends how much the Heat rely on Allen's three-point shooting, and how effective James Jones and Mike Miller would be as outside threats replacing Ray. As with every player on every team, they are a year older.

In that instance, it's great having the best player in the league on your team.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Certainly depends how much the Heat rely on Allen's three-point shooting, and how effective James Jones and Mike Miller would be as outside threats replacing Ray. As with every player on every team, they are a year older.

In that instance, it's great having the best player in the league on your team.
    Is Miller coming back for sure? He's got his own injury woes. To be honest I think this guard rotation needs a man better suited at minute manipulation than good ol Spo.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Lol and Celtics fans said he was washed up...

Heat say Thank YOU!

College star

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Is Miller coming back for sure? He's got his own injury woes. To be honest I think this guard rotation needs a man better suited at minute manipulation than good ol Spo.
    Miller's there, but in all honestly (and it's not surprising), much more is made of other team's injury prone players, while Miami escapes criticism.

Their entire shooting guard rotation is ripe with age and injuries; Ray and Miller will likely enter the post-season after a season of chronic ankle/back issues, and I have no idea what state Wade will be after 82 games.

Again, the impact is reduced when Lebron James is on your team, but it cannot be said enough that health will be an extremely relevant factor this post-season, for all teams - including the Miami Heat.

Yo Ray Allen is wack my little brother Quintavious got a better jumper than him