Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Did LeBron change the way we view Wade's career?

Quote Originally Posted by greatest-ever
    No i'd argue it may have actually made people view him in a worse manner, because of how he played in the playoffs those last couple seasons. Also there's the whole thing of "he needed Shaq and Lebron to win rings!", people don't put a lot of weight into Wade's rings actually.
    C'mon, you could say "he didn't win without.........." for nearly every superstar in history. Wade's rings carry plenty of weight. Everyone knows that Shaq was past his prime in 2006 and nowhere near the player he once was. Wade was clearly the man on that championship team. Wade was arguably still a top 5 player in 2012, and in 2013 he struggled in the conference playoffs but was a top 10 player in the regular season and very good in the finals.

The funny thing about a thread like this is players don't think like fans. They don't categorize their championships by role. A 3rd option or role player feels every bit the champion as a 1st option or FMVP winner. That's not to say they don't recognize the difference, but it's not nearly to the degree that fans do. For example, most fans would rank a player with 2 titles and 2 FMVP's above a player with 3 titles and 1 FMVP. I'd wager that nearly every player would rather have 3 titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    When you look at advanced stats in a vacuum, it doesn't give substance to an argument, you have to use them in context.

Kobe doesn't fare as well in these categories, but players like CP3 who hasn't won anything do well. Context my man.
    1.) i think advanced stats can give you great player evaluation if you use a larger timespan (like careers)

2) i never said that Dirk is higher on All-time than Kobe, i just said that Kobe ist not that better of a player. i think both have advantages and disadvantages and yea, i think that dirk would have won a few rings if he played his career with jackson, gasol, shaq etc.
    Last edited by pastis; 03-21-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    C'mon, you could say "he didn't win without.........." for nearly every superstar in history. Wade's rings carry plenty of weight. Everyone knows that Shaq was past his prime in 2006 and nowhere near the player he once was. Wade was clearly the man on that championship team. Wade was arguably still a top 5 player in 2012, and in 2013 he struggled in the conference playoffs but was a top 10 player in the regular season and very good in the finals.

The funny thing about a thread like this is players don't think like fans. They don't categorize their championships by role. A 3rd option or role player feels every bit the champion as a 1st option or FMVP winner. That's not to say they don't recognize the difference, but it's not nearly to the degree that fans do. For example, most fans would rank a player with 2 titles and 2 FMVP's above a player with 3 titles and 1 FMVP. I'd wager that nearly every player would rather have 3 titles.
    I don't know how you thought my post was an attack on Wade. I do put weight into Wade's rings, what i'm saying is there are a lot of people that discredit him because of Lebron and Shaq being there.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    I see nothing wrong with any of what you said.
    Nice to see you and I on similar terms for once