Very good NBA starter

Default Is Porzingis a top 5 big man now?

He plays center now that Powell is out and basically averages like 25-10 with DPOY level defense and shooting almost 50-40-90.

I don't see anyone else than Jokic, Davis and Embiid who are close to that.

Would anyone really take KAT over Porzingis?

I say Porzingis is right now the 3rd best big man in the game, behind Jokic and Davis, but ahead of Embiid and KAT.

Default Re: Is Porzingis a top 5 big man now?

It is early to judge but I would definitely take him over KAT who can't defend. Embiid can't stay healthy and his effort is inconsistent so i might take KP there too.

He is a finisher not a creator. If you give him the ball and he has opening (open look,defender running at him, pick and roll, etc) then he can take advantage of that which makes him a great fit next to Luka. Being able to score a lot of points without dominating the ball is undervalued IMO.

He isn't a guy that you can just give him the ball and tell him to create and that isnt a knock. Not many guys can be score 20+ in addition to being an effective playmaker.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

He needs to play at this level for longer to be put in certain classes of players, but if his current level becomes standard...there are very few bigs...let alone players overall...you'd take over KP.

He is not only playing great individually on both ends, but his range shooting adds considerable value to his teammates as well.

If he continues to play this way thru remaining 2020 and the short playoff run Dallas will have, yes.

Hard to say how sustainable this is. Not because of a lack of ability(though the hot shooting would be a question of ability) but I don't think he has the conditioning and durability to be this physically active consistently. Last few games he looks like a senior running scrimmages with freshmen. Darting around the floor and casually blocking shots on a whim.

Dunking on everybody in the park Gougou's Avatar

Siakam is better, non biased... better agility and clutchness.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Gougou View Post
    Siakam is better, non biased... better agility and clutchness.
    No way.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    Hard to say how sustainable this is. Not because of a lack of ability(though the hot shooting would be a question of ability) but I don't think he has the conditioning and durability to be this physically active consistently. Last few games he looks like a senior running scrimmages with freshmen. Darting around the floor and casually blocking shots on a whim.
    Yes, he really is a complete cheat code, when playing like this. We've never seen anyone in the NBA like this.

i will take embiid before porzingis for sure.
    KAT had a monster run at the first few months of the seaon tho.
    Gobert is too good at defensive end, not as good as porzingis in offensive end, so u can argue about that.
    then u got a new young guy like ayton who's still improving, maybe right now porzingis is better?