Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Default Re: What makes ISH people think Derrick Rose is inarguably better than Damian Lillard?

Dame > Rose

Deal with it

Default Re: What makes ISH people think Derrick Rose is inarguably better than Damian Lillard?

MVP Rose is better and people can't let that image go. However, today, Rose isn't playing at that level.

I don't even think Rose was the MVP the year he won but that level of play was special.

Lillard is better than current Rose, not MVP Rose.

Lillard will be out of the league within 3 years if he doesn't listen to GP and improve his defence, passing and leadership.

And stop that God awful rapping (Pun intended).

Not airballing my layups anymore uoykcuf's Avatar

I disagree with those who say MVP Rose was greater. To clear up any possible misinterpretations, let's compare PEAK Rose (aka MVP Rose?) to PEAK Lillard. IMO, we aren't even close to seeing (okay, we're somewhat close) Lillard's peak yet, but I'd take him (at his best, even this early in his career) over the best we've seen from Rose.

Lillard is cold blooded, full of swag, and clutch as a mthrfckr. The kids future is so bright, he almost needs shades.

Rose on the other hand? Uncomfortable in social situations, appears aloof about going out there with his team day in and day out and going to war and battling for his coach, teammates, city, and fans. Also overall seems to shrink in pressure/key moments.

I know the last of that doesn't matter when strictly comparing their top-tier vs top-tier talent versions of themselves, but I digress. I'd still take Lillard without even factoring in those key intangibles.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

LOL, MVP Rose is one of the most overrated players in the league history. MVP Rose doesn't even really exist because the real MVP was the team defense in that season, but Rose, who doesn't play elite defense, somehow ended up getting all the credit by himself.

I usually hit open layups emaugust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    LOL, MVP Rose is one of the most overrated players in the league history. MVP Rose doesn't even really exist because the real MVP was the team defense in that season, but Rose, who doesn't play elite defense, somehow ended up getting all the credit by himself.
    Probably because Rose was option A B and C that year on the offensive side.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    This is just an opinion of a Heat fan who feels salty about Rose winning MVP that season, because I do remember you love to hate him and you had to eat all that crow when he got MVP. He was the best player on the best regular season team that season, and even made it as far as the conference championship. That MVP was well deserved, and the voting showed it. Those guys don't just vote on hype.

The defense was great, but Rose's offensive impact was equally as great. Don't try to convince yourself that Rose didn't deserve the MVP because the defense was good. That's some really weak logic, man.

I acknowledge Damian Lillard is a much better and reliable player than Derrick Rose right now. and it will more than likely stay that way for the future given the injuries to Rose.

"What makes ISH people think Derrick Rose is inarguably better than Damian Lillard?"

"why everybody salty about the hawks?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    "What makes ISH people think Derrick Rose is inarguably better than Damian Lillard?"

"why everybody salty about the hawks?"
    People really need ISH's approval.

5-time NBA All-Star

OP has been a long time Rose troll. Did the same post about OJ Mayo vs Rose years ago. And had to throw in Wade to save face.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...46&postcount=1

Rose has people here so shook you see people comparing him now to everybody because they hated the fact they couldn't do it before. He's not playing well now. Greg Anthony says he won't be himself til next year. Its a handicap argument.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by uoykcuf
    I disagree with those who say MVP Rose was greater. To clear up any possible misinterpretations, let's compare PEAK Rose (aka MVP Rose?) to PEAK Lillard. IMO, we aren't even close to seeing (okay, we're somewhat close) Lillard's peak yet, but I'd take him (at his best, even this early in his career) over the best we've seen from Rose.

Lillard is cold blooded, full of swag, and clutch as a mthrfckr. The kids future is so bright, he almost needs shades.

Rose on the other hand? Uncomfortable in social situations, appears aloof about going out there with his team day in and day out and going to war and battling for his coach, teammates, city, and fans. Also overall seems to shrink in pressure/key moments.

I know the last of that doesn't matter when strictly comparing their top-tier vs top-tier talent versions of themselves, but I digress. I'd still take Lillard without even factoring in those key intangibles.
    If you don't know about players why do you write paragraphs about them??? When Rose was 20 he hit more clutch shots in the playoffs than Lillard has yet to hit - sobeit, Lillard is crazy clutch. Rose hit seven clutch shots in his first playoff series. Rose has more accolades as a leader as well. He won way more playoff games on his back as too. Rose also was the man on his team and not the sidekick.

But I like Lillard, one of my favorites along with Wall. And his future is bright. He came into the league at the age Rose won MVP. So I don't know if we can project him super high that easily. But he seems like he will get better every year and has a solid start.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

[CODE][/CODE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    If you don't know about players why do you write paragraphs about them??? When Rose was 20 he hit more clutch shots in the playoffs than Lillard has yet to hit - sobeit, Lillard is crazy clutch. Rose hit seven clutch shots in his first playoff series. Rose has more accolades as a leader as well. He won way more playoff games on his back as too. Rose also was the man on his team and not the sidekick.

But I like Lillard, one of my favorites along with Wall. And his future is bright. He came into the league at the age Rose won MVP. So I don't know if we can project him super high that easily. But he seems like he will get better every year and has a solid start.
    There just isn't much 2011 Rose did that current Lillard can't. The only difference was that 11 Rose shot a bit more.

At some point you'll realize...put certain guys in the right situation and you get 11 Rose like play. It was nothing more than one of many pretty good regular seasons in terms of individual play out of a guard in NBA history.

You thought I was trolling with the Ellis stuff, but I wasn't. Proof is in the pudding.

You just over-rate the shit out of 11 Rose.

I usually hit open layups

Lillard has to improve his defense and teamwork. He's pretty good offensively, but if he doesn't level up in the next few years, he's going to be as great as Rod Strickland.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    [CODE][/CODE]

There just isn't much 2011 Rose did that current Lillard can't. The only difference was that 11 Rose shot a bit more.
    Ah cmon. Rose back then was on a different level. He dominated all elite PGs, and even in 2012 when he actually played he continued to outplay them. He was the clearcut #1 PG and coaches, GMs recognized that, they feared him on the court. Current Lilard has his moments, but he gets dominated by Westbrook. Russ could never abuse Rose in the post and in transition like he does most PGs. Rose had a different aura, one current Westbrook and Curry have. Lilard is a tier below these guys, there are 3-4 PGs today clearly better than him.