Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Rookie Spud Webb takes on the Showtime Lakers.

Starts off by showing you one of the most useful advantages of being the size of a 7th grader. Players the size of magic might not even know youre there:

He gets in a few layups. Crowd loves him of course:

Then he gets bold. Hes dunking now.....pulling up for jumpers:

Gets it in his head that he might posterize Michael Cooper who was throwing chasedown blocks out of bounds 25 years before Lebron. Coop fouled him rather than let that happen. And Magic gets sick of him coming in the lane and actually just picks him up and carries him around....

Looks like he considered spanking him.

Ive never been hoisted into the air with 90% of my thigh hanging out like a toddler but I imagine its emasculating. But he had 23/13 in his best game of the season as they beat the champs.

I have no point to make. Just thought id get it out there....even knowing the likely result from our various posters whos balls only dropped in 2014. Here they come now to talk about Jeff Hornacek and 80s defense I assume. But whenever I make a topic that doesnt have our stupider posters furrowing their brows in a vain attempt to understand the conversation I feel like ive failed.

Default Re: Rookie Spud Webb takes on the Showtime Lakers.

If people want to talk about Hornacek just show them the 97 and 98 Lakers rosters

That wouldnt matter. We are talking about people who have strong opinions with no knowledge of the subject. They arent gonna decide to start being rational.

I usually hit open layups

Guys like Spud, Mugsy, IT really allow people to dream of making it big one day

Spud playing in such a rough era and surviving without serious injury is the most amazing thing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Crazy how 5'4 Spudd Webb and 5'2 Mugsy Bogues were able to thrive in the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Crazy how 5'4 Spudd Webb and 5'2 Mugsy Bogues were able to thrive in the 90s