Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Moment in GOATness

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude

LMFAOOOO holy shit the defense in this era is absolutely pathetic.

Buh buh ma zone defense that wasn't allowed in the 90s that would SHUT Jordan down!!

This is equally as funny as that black and white Cousy gif that always gets posted.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Nah, the replay at 5:10 showed that Stockton was cringed up and turned sideways, despite being there on time and otherwise drawing a great charge.. again, if not for the turning sideways..

But that's a charge Stockton wouldn't get in today's game because the players are spaced out more now to guard 3-point shooters.. it's not that they didn't shoot threes and space the floor in the late 90's, but not nearly as well as today - Stockton would've been further away, and he also wouldn't be paint-camping at the 4:10 mark in today's game either, because his man would be further from the paint

And the rodman charge on Stockton wasn't a charge - MJ was right - Rodman's allowed to come down.

Also, there was a lot of forearm checking on the perimeter that isn't allowed today.. between the hand--checking, paint-camping, physicality and weaker spacing, it's clear why ortg was only 105 back then, compared to a record 110 today.

I also notice how there's more player movement in the middle of the floor, which makes the game look more random compared to today's open-paint, neat/organized, marching band look, and predictable/planned movements.
    Yeah i thought the Stockton one was close but I thought he was turning as well. That seemed to be it. I'm not sure what he was thinking.

The Rodman was was a foul on Utah that wasn't called. But Chicago has the shot clock buzzer situations go their way so it evens out.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I know that reply threads are forbidden, but this needs it's own thread.

The final 3 minutes of the Game 6 98 NBA Finals are what the epitome of GOATness is all about.

Running on fumes and having a bad shooting game as he's forced to do almost everything [COLOR="DarkRed"]due to Pip's injury[/COLOR], MJ puts together a clinic of skill, wit, determination and IQ.

People always claim that you'd have to cut MJ's heart out to win and this is an example of those hyperbole cliches people throw around, but guess what? they're used because they're true.

He doesn't dribble, dribble and dribble taking time away. He doesn't wait or tries to decide, he simply takes matters into his own hands and manages the game and more importantly the CLOCK. It's all precise as if he has a natural timer in his head. He knows his shot isn't dropping so he attacks and puts pressure on the defense instead of bailing them out with forced 3pointers. He doesn't let his fate lay on the hands of others as he takes initiative and decides who will win or lose.

Sit back and enjoy on how it should be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=530z-_yjdlU
    It wasn't just the injury those last 2 games.. In the entire 98' playoffs, pippen only scored 15.8% of the bulls' 4th quarter points while on the floor (less than 1/6th), compared to MJ's 48.8% (1/2)

Btw, pippen's 15.8% is less than... everyone... i.e. Ray Allen's 16.4% in 2014 playoffs.. or Bosh's 21.5%, let alone Wade's 26.0%

Imagine if MJ had help like that, versus pippen and r_dman... Surely he's surpass his team's 92', 96, 91' and 97' offenses (#2, 6, 12, 16 all-time.... that's more top 10, top 15, and top 20 offenses than anyone)
    Last edited by 3ball; 01-15-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

Jesus Christ, I ought to be charging you for today's lesson.
    do you take money orders?

[URL="https://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport/basketball/nba/214164-nba-emphasizes-freedom-of-movement-this-season"][B]NBA emphasizes

[QUOTE=SomeBlackDude]do you take money orders?

[URL="https://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport/basketball/nba/214164-nba-emphasizes-freedom-of-movement-this-season"][B]NBA emphasizes

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Nah bro, LeGOAT's impact is so divine that he ELEVATED the entire era with his mere presence for all of the players to be the most offensively skilled of all time!!

#LeGOAT!!
    once everyone starts using lehands behind leback defensive strategy, 200 points in regulation will be a regular thing.

so modern.

so advanced.