Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: DSJ On The Move?

Lonzo + 2019 Second and Svi McKaiuluh

Who says no?

funny cause dirk was doing chest bumps after DSJ fell to 9th

What would you like to see the mavs get for him?

They need to trade him, Barnes and Matthews for some 3&d players.. No one except for Luka should even think of playing Iso-ball

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by nayte
    What would you like to see the mavs get for him?
    Ideally a strong pnr big man.

Mavs already have a good PG prospect in Jalen Brunson, who I think will be a good player. Played really well starting last game. Luka of course is playing point, but Brunson can easily be a second ballhandler off ball.

They really need a good big man though who plays defense and who finishes around the rim. Aaron Gordon has been mentioned elsewhere. I could see him playing PF or even small ball center. Lobs galore. Maxi+Gordon+Barnes is a pretty good small ball front court.

Second, they really need a better, more team oriented shooting guard. Someone like Finney-Smith, just better. Bojan Bogdanovich would be perfect. They earn the same salary, but I doubt Indiana does that swap.

People like to hate on Barnes, but I don't think he is that bad. He is pretty good in that iso scoring role and doesn't ballhog. Plays well off ball and shoots good from catch and shoot 3s. I like his iso scoring as a 3rd option, just need better teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat

Mavs already have a good PG prospect in Jalen Brunson, who I think will be a good player. Played really well starting last game. Luka of course is playing point, but Brunson can easily be a second ballhandler off ball.

They really need a good big man though who plays defense and who finishes around the rim. Aaron Gordon has been mentioned elsewhere. I could see him playing PF or even small ball center. Lobs galore. Maxi+Gordon+Barnes is a pretty good small ball front court.

Second, they really need a better, more team oriented shooting guard. Someone like Finney-Smith, just better. Bojan Bogdanovich would be perfect. They earn the same salary, but I doubt Indiana does that swap.

People like to hate on Barnes, but I don't think he is that bad. He is pretty good in that iso scoring role and doesn't ballhog. Plays well off ball and shoots good from catch and shoot 3s. I like his iso scoring as a 3rd option, just need better teammates.

I agree he needs a pnr who can shoot the three to help him. Jordan isn't the one. Buuut I feel if dsj accepted his spot and worked on the three he could be that athletic guard to defend the other ones. Imo of course. Just not ready to give up on Dennis to young yet he can adapt.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by nayte
    I agree he needs a pnr who can shoot the three to help him. Jordan isn't the one. Buuut I feel if dsj accepted his spot and worked on the three he could be that athletic guard to defend the other ones. Imo of course. Just not ready to give up on Dennis to young yet he can adapt.
    I think the issue is with DSJ. He doesn't want to be second after Luka and that's just, yeah no. His role with Luka would essentially be Pat Beverly/Marcus Smart and I don't think he wants that.

Angry Re: DSJ On The Move?

I think the issue is with DSJ. He doesn't want to be second after Luka and that's just, yeah no. His role with Luka would essentially be Pat Beverly/Marcus Smart and I don't think he wants that.
    I agree that should be his role. Luca is the future of them. If he can accept that he has to defend the athletic guards and roll with it.. If he can accept that.. If he does I think they can work together

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Gordon makes a lot of sense. I like that idea.

Barnes is not good. He doesn't move the needle at all on this team. He's been on fire from 3 this year and he still can't make a positive impact.

If he made 14 million a year going forward...then he'd be fine, but he makes 10 million too much and he likely is going to get paid again by somebody on his next contract.

I doubt we trade him, but we should.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Weren't you saying trading him made no sense a few weeks ago DMavs? I don't think you can get equal return for him at this point.
    Yea, I'd much rather see us trade Wes, Barnes, Powell, and DJ then give up on DSJ this early...

However, like I said before...it depends on the return.

I'd just hate to see us lose a rookie contract unless we get something real back that helps the future of the team.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    [/B]

Gordon makes a lot of sense. I like that idea.

Barnes is not good. He doesn't move the needle at all on this team. He's been on fire from 3 this year and he still can't make a positive impact.

If he made 14 million a year going forward...then he'd be fine, but he makes 10 million too much and he likely is going to get paid again by somebody on his next contract.

I doubt we trade him, but we should.
    Lol man maxing Barnes was one of many FO moves by the Mavs. They need to reset and build around Luka

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Sounds great for the Suns and awful for the Mavs.
    What do you expect to get in return from a player that dropped on draft night and the team that ended up with him has given up?

Nuggets got a 2nd and Devin Harris for Mudiay.

No team is trading a cornerstone for DSJ. And I'm a fan

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

The Orlando Magic should give up anyone on the roster no one is untouchable

[QUOTE=jongib369][URL="https://clutchpoints.com/suns-rumors-phoenix-has-no-interest-in-mavs-dennis-smith-jr/"]NBARumor: Suns have no interest in Mavs