Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Jabari Parker looks out of shape

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    If he gets in shape that is. Like I said, it's pretty telling that he comes into his most important workouts in his career completely out of shape and even heavier than he was in college when people felt he was slightly overweight already.
    He looked a little heavy all season at Duke but he still dominated. Are there any numbers showing he was heavier at the combine than he was at Duke? I dont believe that is accurate. Now he gets to work-out with NBA trainers as part of his career. -its inevitable that he will improve his fitness. He's like 19 years old

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    He looked a little heavy all season at Duke but he still dominated. Are there any numbers showing he was heavier at the combine than he was at Duke? I dont believe that is accurate. Now he gets to work-out with NBA trainers as part of his career. -its inevitable that he will improve his fitness. He's like 19 years old
    No NBA trainer can make him stop eating too much food. This is a dieting issue, not a conditioning one.

Banned

If he's fat as a teenager he's only going to get fatter as he matures

Melo, Shaq, and Barkley all got substantially more round as their careers went along, same things gonna happen to Parker

Dude's gonna look like rookie Anthony bennett next year

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    He never went to the combine I thought?, but when he worked out for the Cavs they reported he was 15-20 pounds heavier than he was at Duke when he was listed at 235.

If he comes into his workouts out of shape even with how good he is, I have suspicion this will be a problem for him down the line too.

In any case, he's a great player, great athlete, great skills, but to me right now, he's coming off lazy with how his body looks at the most important time in his career right now. Just my personal opinion.

I felt the same way about Dion Waiters when the Cavaliers drafted him, but he's put in work the last two years and his in great shape right now.
    Last edited by Meticode; 07-27-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Dude's gonna look like rookie Anthony bennett next year
    so if sophomore bennett looks like rookie parker and sophomore parker will look like rookie bennett, does that mean that third-year parker will look like sophomore bennett?

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

He's BEEN out of shape. The hope is that with an NBA regimen he'll get the proper NBA body and just go to work.

On a side note: Does anyone else think he looks a little bit like Childish Gambino?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    If he gets in shape that is. Like I said, it's pretty telling that he comes into his most important workouts in his career completely out of shape and even heavier than he was in college when people felt he was slightly overweight already.
    He's 19. If I somehow had the job I had now at 19, I would be nowhere near as professional as I am now.

If you look out of shape next to Chris Paul... well shit... you need to step up your workout game.

Good lookin young man.