Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How many 300lb players in NBA history could double-jump as quick as this:

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Oh I see you've got this all sorted out already
    On a serious note, I've seen 7 foot guys, 6'11 guys being 240 and so, and they literally looked like wilt. I'm being generous with that 260-270 figure.

College superstar

Default Re: How many 300lb players in NBA history could double-jump as quick as this:

260? **** no. Shaq probably played a fair amount of time at 350+. And as Wilt aged he got wider. He was 310+ no question.

7 foot 240 is SKINNY.

Uh, forget Wilt's claims, even newspapers back then were reporting him as weighing at over 300 lbs in the '63-'64 training camp - they were giving a specific number, not just an estimation, so it's not as if Wilt was trying to make up numbers to impress people. Wilt rarely weighed as little as 250-260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    260? **** no. Shaq probably played a fair amount of time at 350+. And as Wilt aged he got wider. He was 310+ no question.
    350?
    That's crazy stuff right there man. 158 kilos, that blasphemous

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    On a serious note, I've seen 7 foot guys, 6'11 guys being 240 and so, and they literally looked like wilt. I'm being generous with that 260-270 figure.
    This guy is an inch taller than Wilt, and weighs over 290. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgebCIjB_7k

This guy is a couple inches shorter, and weighs 300.

If you're really over 7 feet tall, and you don't look very thin, then you're probably pretty close to 300 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    This guy is an inch taller than Wilt, and weighs over 290. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgebCIjB_7k

This guy is a couple inches shorter, and weighs 300.

If you're really over 7 feet tall, and you don't look very thin, then you're probably pretty close to 300 pounds.
    Boban played for my hometown team, I even had a chance to talk to him, sadly not about his weight. He's incredibly ripped, I think I underestimated Wilt's weight a little when comparing those two, Wilt's probably around 275

Tbh, Wilt's the GOAT athlete. Others were, say, on that level, like Shaq, MJ or LeBron, but Wilt would've been my choice for best athlete, all bullshit aside.

kings fan

Kareem, Shaq, and maybe Artis.

Very good NBA starter

OP is probably like 5'5 120 lbs

Why is this dude so obsessed with how big nba players are

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Depends on how much you speed it up

Tim Bassett was a player on the San Diego Conquistadors that Wilt "coached" in the 73-74 season (Wilt would have been 37) ...

"One time the players were shooting around before practice and the ball got stuck up in the guide wires above the basket. The players, including the 6' 11" jumping-jack Caldwell Jones, tried to dislodge it without success. Finally, someone went for a chair so one of them could stand on it and poke the ball loose. Just then Wilt arrived, wearing a suit and a pair of expensive shoes.

"What's going on?", he asked.

"We're trying to get the ball down from there," someone replied.

"You guys are young and strong, "Wilt observed. "Why don't you jump up and get it?"

"Too high," they answered.

At which point Wilt muttered something about, "Put the money on the floor", and in his bare feet, he jumped up and knocked the ball out, leaving the players' mouths agape."

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    OP is probably like 5'5 120 lbs

Why is this dude so obsessed with how big nba players are
    He's probably just jelly that players of the past couldn't even dream of the kind LaVine-like athleticism we see in today's game.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    He's probably just jelly that players of the past couldn't even dream of the kind LaVine-like athleticism we see in today's game.
    Lavine is probably the greatest athlete in the league right now. Wilt would shit his pants if he saw a white boi jump that high

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Lavine is probably the greatest athlete in the league right now. Wilt would shit his pants if he saw a white boi jump that high
    I seem to have forgotten...how many points did Lavine score in his three NCAA tournament games again?

all your stuff is sped up