Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Chandler Parsons: Cuban and Carlisle see me as a superstar, max-level player.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    Dirk took the paycut because he would never be the player he is without Cuban.
    That's just ridiculous. There are quite a few reasons to say that Dirk is the player he is in spite of what Cuban / the Mavs did (3 PF season, letting Nash walk for nothing, hiring clueless rookie coach Avery, blowing up the championship team because Cuban was the only one who had understood the implications of the new CBA and I might think of a few more).

Lets be real: the Mavs are nowhere close to the Spurs for example as far as being able to draft / hire great players, pulling rabbits out of their hats. Sure, they aren't the Clippers either, but it's not like they're a uniquely perfect organization, far from it.

Dirk could've had just as much success elsewhere - and possibly quite a bit more had he played for an organization that would've understood the necessity of pairing him with a good mobile defensive C earlier on (or at least would've kept the one that fell in their lap and fit like a glove).

Default Re: Chandler Parsons: Cuban and Carlisle see me as a superstar, max-level player.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Mavs overpaid and Chandler is a borderline All-Star player. Maybe he works his way up to a legitimate All-star talent

But the Mavs had to overpay to add some real talent to the team. Chandler is probably worth around 10-12 million and they signed him to 15 million. The extra 3-5 million would have been enough to keep a player like Vince Carter, therefore, I don't think the deal is that bad and the fact it is only 2 years with a player option makes it better.

Mavs did well, sure he isn't D-Will or Melo but he can be a legitimate number 2.
    They'll be regretting the player option imo. Dirk took a pay cut so they could overpay some talent and it worked out. Chandler being deployed according to Carslie's system will be nasty. Ellis is going to have so much space to work with.