Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: New York Knicks (23-11) vs. Indiana Pacers (21-14), 8:00 PM EST on TNT

The Knicks lose a game that a former Indiana Pacer was a ref in. Shocking.

Default Re: New York Knicks (23-11) vs. Indiana Pacers (21-14), 8:00 PM EST on TNT

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Knicks play against the Bulls tomorrow who embarrassed them twice this season.
    Knicks better start winning some games unless they want to completely ruin their great start.
    against the bulls? no effin chance
    but they got winnable games against the hornets and pistons next week

With no Melo I just wanted a good game & I got it. A win would've been spectacular but I'll settle for a close one.

I'm looking forward for this 2 games in 9 days stretch for the Knicks after we host the Hornets Sunday , they might get back Felton & Shump somewhere in that stretch & the Knicks need more practices together with all these new pieces.

Pacers pretty much replaced the Hawks in the standings, only 1.5 games away from us.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Workman's worked plenty of Indy games. He's a shitty ref, not a biased one.

Besides, if you watched the game there's absolutely no reason to cry about refs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Oh well, they beat Miami by 20 without Melo.
    They had Felton that game. Without Melo and Felton there's no one who can attack the basket (J.R.Smith occasionally) so they don't really put much pressure on the defense.
    Simply put: Knicks have no offense without Melo and Felton.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Come on man,the refs were fine. We didn't lose because of them. We lose because we couldn't score. It was obvious even before the game that the Knicks are going to have a hard time putting the ball through the hoop. The game just confirmed it.

Serious playground baller kingBynum's Avatar

knicks can't win a ring

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

My first time watching the Pacers this season and a couple of quick things.

They have suffocating one on one defense and their help defense is only good when Roy Hibbert is playing consistent and altering shots. When he wasn't in the game, Ian Mahinmi was playing very solid help defense but this is clearly not a traditional game from Ian. He had a season best game tonight.

Their offense is bad because they don't take any good shots. Of all their shots tonight only about 6 were shots off ball movement and screen action. For a team with limited offensive talent they should try to get good shots. They need more screens from the center position and their guards should come off screens to get open shots.

It will be interesting to watch them against the Nets because the Pacers pride themselves on one on one defense. Unfortunately, one on one defense against the Nets will be an advantage to the Nets but we'll see how it plays out.

Knicks losing a lot of games recently and their schedule only gets difficult in these next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    My first time watching the Pacers this season and a couple of quick things.

They have suffocating one on one defense and their help defense is only good when Roy Hibbert is playing consistent and altering shots. When he wasn't in the game, Ian Mahinmi was playing very solid help defense but this is clearly not a traditional game from Ian. He had a season best game tonight.

Their offense is bad because they don't take any good shots. Of all their shots tonight only about 6 were shots off ball movement and screen action. For a team with limited offensive talent they should try to get good shots. They need more screens from the center position and their guards should come off screens to get open shots.

It will be interesting to watch them against the Nets because the Pacers pride themselves on one on one defense. Unfortunately, one on one defense against the Nets will be an advantage to the Nets but we'll see how it plays out.

Knicks losing a lot of games recently and their schedule only gets difficult in these next couple of weeks.
    I just hope the Nets find a way to break down the Pacers defense, which has been terrific lately holding the Heat and Knicks to below 80pts. If we score 95+pts, we should win that game.

College superstar

If the Pacers could get their offense to just being horrifically bad instead of stab your eyes out bad we could be decent.

Local High School Star

Pacers get beat by 10+ if melo plays

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    I just hope the Nets find a way to break down the Pacers defense, which has been terrific lately holding the Heat and Knicks to below 80pts. If we score 95+pts, we should win that game.
    Like I mentioned, the Pacers are a stellar one on one defensive team. The Nets would love if Joe, and Deron don't get double teamed. It will be interesting to see how the Pacers handle having to double every time Joe and Deron touch the ball. And the Pacers are a very weak P&R defensive team. The Nets thrive in P&R's. Oh well, the Pacers are for real and it will be an exciting game.

But this is a Knicks game thread. Let's not talk about the Nets.

Although I find it hilarious how every time the Knicks are on TNT, Charles brings up the Nets.