Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Still have a week to kill so...lets judge people we dont know. NBA scumbags:

Default Re: Still have a week to kill so...lets judge people we dont know. NBA scumbags:

Glad you still feel intrigued by that link I put in the GOAT all-time threads, blaze.

As for the topic, I'll be up front and say at least 2 ex-Raptors that come off as scum bags of sorts:

Tracy McGrady and Chris Bosh.

Now I get McGrady's situation because of his age at the time, but he left totally out on trying to be "the man" and money. He even lied to the Chicago Bulls organization that he was going to sign with them, before joining Grant Hill in Orlando. He also left on bad terms with the Magic, but I can reason with him there, as the supporting casts around him generally sucked and Hill missed huge amount of games. There's also the fact he didn't try as hard all the time.

Bosh to me is such ass kiss. I know someone who did camera work for TSN (Toronto's main broadcasting center) meet behind the scenes of some Raptor players and said TJ Ford and Chris Bosh are actually 2 of the fakest people in terms of their personality (Anthony Parker being nicest he met) but when the cameras turn on, their all smiles.

There's also this situation, off-court, started in 2009:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...d-lawsuit-says

http://www.playerwives.com/nba/toron...llison-mathis/

And it's getting ugly:

http://www.eurweb.com/2012/07/chris-...child-support/

http://gossipextra.com/2012/06/21/ch...ertility-1585/

I just don't get all this nice guy talk about Bosh, I think he's terrible person, from what I know... and heard off.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 10-23-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Michael was clearly a jerk for the ages. But an awful lot of those comments were true...and far more important...funny.

College star

Ron Artest - ruined a franchise and got gifted a championship ring.

Kobe Bryant - should be in jail, nuff said.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

On the Bosh links....

I never liked him. Never felt he was all that special(hes Vin Baker...which is good). I feel hes soft. His comments on players not diving for balls near his knees and coach having to meet him halfway on working hard in practice....disgust me.

However....I wont say hes a scumbag over trying to pay "only" 2600 a month in child support instead of 30 thousand.

His kids mom would be sitting pretty on the 2600 if she so much as holds down a part time job. Up to me id say give her/the kid like 5 stacks a month and put an additional 10 a month into a trust fund for the kid to get at 25.

Who gets 18 million a year and says no to that deal?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    "I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Personality isn't formed when you get money. It's formed when you're a kid or teen lol.
    You don't know much about money.

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends
    , damn son

There's also another superstar player who dominated the 70's and considered an asshole back then too: Rick Barry.

I think I've seen a small clip of him in a fight with another player, but I don't know much about his playing days outside of him being a good shooter and having a remarkable run to a title in 1975. Did he get under opponents skin THAT much because of his trash talk ? Was he a racist ?

I know the "watermelon" remark he made to Bill Russell when they were commenting on a playoff game, but I think there's a deeper past to that.

Oh ya, agreed with the diving for lose balls part.

Situational Narcissism at it's best...Damn shame what it can do to people

Dunking on everybody in the park

Michael Jordan was wrong. You don't always see the bench on TV. You always see the players who play though.

smh at Michael Jordan

Banned

Some Random Ones..

"Don't get me wrong -- I love Jason Kidd. He's a great point guard… (But) how am I comparing myself to him when I think I'm the best point guard to play basketball? That doesn't make any sense. I mean, how can I sit here and compare myself to somebody if I already think I'm the best?...I'm telling you what it is: I know I'm the best point guard in the NBA. I don't need anybody else to tell me that. When I go on the basketball court, if I think about what you're all saying, I'll lose my mind." – Stephon Marbury

Fan: “I would just like to know... Have you ever dunked on Shaq during practice?”
    Dwyane Wade: “No. And when I did try once, Shaq told me, ‘Don't ever try that again.’”

"Guys have made livings off me. Nick Anderson got a new contract, Travis Knight got a new contract off me. As a matter of fact, Derek Fisher called me yesterday to thank me [he had recently signed a deal with Golden State]. If you double me, I'm kicking out to Eddie, who's the best shooter in the East. Or I'm going to give it to Dwyane, or put it on the ground and come bang on you." – Shaquille O’Neal

“I don't think anything of Laura Frank. You heard me — Laura Frank. Not Lawrence. Laura . . . It's not that I blame him, I just wish he'd go to a manly tactic and just fight me. Don't whine. When he whines, that's when I change his name of Lawrence Frank.” – Shaq

"Just say I'm from Somalia and I need food." -- Stephen Jackson, describing his passion for winning.

"I don't have [expletive] to say to him. I didn't vote for him. It's just something we have to do." - Rasheed, on what he’d say to George Bush during the team’s visit to the White House.

These just cause they humorous...

"I really like Rafer Alston. We get along great. We have a lot of fun times together that I can't share with you guys." - Jalen Rose

"When (Jalen) comes over here, I'm going to give him a kiss. Not on his lips, though." - Rafer Alston

"I'm not trying to get into any Cheerio commercials, or Coca-Cola commercials. I want to do a commercial in the 'hood." – Ron Artest
    Last edited by ZeN; 10-23-2012 at 11:45 PM.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Kobe Bryant has to be up there.

Rapist, Homophobe, Arrogant.

"I really like Rafer Alston. We get along great. We have a lot of fun times together that I can't share with you guys." - Jalen Rose

"When (Jalen) comes over here, I'm going to give him a kiss. Not on his lips, though." - Rafer Alston
    Damn, didn't know they were that close while playing in Toronto.

I know Mo Pete and Rose were pretty close too

"I don't have [expletive] to say to him. I didn't vote for him. It's just something we have to do." - Rasheed, on what he