Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #46
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Whats the difference between Tim duncan and Kevin garnett

-Duncan is the proven winner

-Duncan is a bit more fundamentally sound

-Duncan's defense is at worst, equal to KG's
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #47
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
It's a semantic difference, but both players are labeled by their teams as starting PFs. I've always thought Duncan fit more into the center stereotype, but it's not his listed primary position.

Yeah if you call Duncan a center he'll whine about it and cry to coach pop and the spurs to change it. Guess he doesnt wanna be compared to great centers who play the game like he did. Wants to be compared to guys who actually played like Pfs like Barkley and Malone. Most egotistical thing I ever saw TD do, I was shocked. He is still my fav big man but I was shocked
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #48
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
It's in the way that they play. Garnett isn't exactly a perimeter big, but on both offense as well as defense he roams all over the court. Duncan on the other hand just sticks in the paint and focuses on deflecting shots on d, and scoring in the post on offense. It may be a little easier to build around Duncan's style, but Duncan's greater team success also has much to do with his GM never conducting an illegal trade that cost the Spurs 5 consecutive first round picks. Just to get Joe Smith a large payday.
Duncan's a better player on both ends. Garnett is versatile but not dominant in any one category while Duncan dominates the inside like no other in the last decade except Shaq. But Shaq's post defense was never on par with Duncan's.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #49
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
Duncan's a better player on both ends. Garnett is versatile but not dominant in any one category while Duncan dominates the inside like no other in the last decade except Shaq. But Shaq's post defense was never on par with Duncan's.

last ten years? are you kidding me does the name charles barkley rings a bell ?

post defender? duncan was blocked by a guy named carlos boozer facial block. and boozer is not even considered to be an nba first defensive team... duncan is good alright but there is no need hype him ...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #50
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
last ten years? are you kidding me does the name charles barkley rings a bell ?

post defender? duncan was blocked by a guy named carlos boozer facial block. and boozer is not even considered to be an nba first defensive team... duncan is good alright but there is no need hype him ...
Since when was Charles Barkley a good defender. Even Barkley will tell you he was average at best on the defensive end. So, because Boozer blocks Duncan ONCE, Duncan's crappy on the post? Mehmet Okur destroyed Yao in the playoffs. Does that mean Okur's defense > Yao's offense?
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #51
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

i didnt say that barkley was an elite defender what am saying is barkley had better defenders guarding him...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:47 AM   #52
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

This has probably already been said in this thread, but Duncan is a Center, while Garnett is a Power Forward.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: