Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: What is with this notion that Kobe is better than Jordan or even comes close?

@ DAHEEZY

Again, a very bis opinion, many statistics and intangibles that refute that. That's YOUR opinion

Jordan vs Kobe: small accomplishment comparisons
    6 ring with 6 Finals MVP OR 5 rings with 2 FMVP
    4 MVP during those 6 title seasons OR 1 MVP with a Finals loss
    10 scoring titles with 6 of them during championship seasons OR two scoring titles with 1st Round exits
    Just a small sample, yet MJ alreadt blew Kobe out of the water with those feats.

Name me a top ten team in the 90's outside the Chicago Bulls in their primes. People regard the 96 Bulls as the greatest team of all-time. Considering the rest of the teams in the 90's are nowhere near the calibre, yes it was a weaker era

And you know why those teams aren't on the Top 10 lists? It's because Jordan took all the championships from them

Intangibles are a huge perspective in who's the greatest. You haven't taken that into account. And what you're saying isn't being very subjective at all. There's always a stat which outdoes another stat. It's all what you see as important, and if it supports Jordan that would be the only stat that would matter to you

Intangibles? Jordan had intangibles that was on the same level as Russell, Magic and Bird. You just don't bet against Jordan!

People are allowed to have that opinion, Jordians are too insecure to let people have those opinions
    I respect people's opinions who have enough facts or support to their claims. You don't have that. Sorry. LivingLegend(guy with the Blue Jay) had a good debate with me about the All-Time ranking. I respect his view because he had facts to back up his statement.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Default Re: What is with this notion that Kobe is better than Jordan or even comes close?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirko Cro Cop
    I see it all the time, Kobe fans will usually never say it straight up...that Kobe > MJ but will always give this condescending attitude towards MJ whenever Kobe is mentioned in the same sentence and will ALWAYS make a comparison remark between the two that favors Kobe.

"Kobe was a better 3 pt shooter"
    "but Kobe had 7 finals appearances over MJ's 6"
    "Kobe played against better teams!"

What reason is there to proclaim Kobe as if he's even near MJ in anything involving production and career accomplishments? Jordan was literally better at everything, he completely rapes Kobe on the stat sheet, outdid him in the awards lists, and was way more dominating on the court in terms of actual effectiveness. I love Kobe but some of his fans on here are just living in another world, get real.

here's the short answer...

grant hill and a few other superstar level players got labeled as the "next jordan"...or got compared to jordan..

any great athletic perimeter or dunker post 1990 was compared to jordan

they all folded under the pressure..hill,vince carter, penny, harold miner, etc.etc

kobe embodies the mental toughness and competitiveness of MJ more than any player since then....and unlike the pretenders...kobe pretty much lived up to the comparisons....as much as any human being ever will

beast scorer, BEAST clutch performer, BEAST playoff clutch performer, and a winner...

he's like the sequel to the classic film that you never thought could be as good as the first.....but damn near comes close.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

People confuse 'similarities' to being equal. Whatever aspect of the game Kobe is similar to MJ, Mj for the most part was better at. If not by a hairline of a fracture better, clearly distinguishable.

I've said it a million times here, Kobe is the closest to MJ in certain aspects, but he falls short in others. To Kobe's credit, he is the only player that dares to walk in his shoes let alone dethrone him. I think that chase to supplant MJ has diminished slightly as the years go by, but the flame while calm is still there.

AK47DR91

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    here's the short answer...

grant hill and a few other superstar level players got labeled as the "next jordan"...or got compared to jordan..

any great athletic perimeter or dunker post 1990 was compared to jordan

they all folded under the pressure..hill,vince carter, penny, harold miner, etc.etc

kobe embodies the mental toughness and competitiveness of MJ more than any player since then....and unlike the pretenders...kobe pretty much lived up to the comparisons....as much as any human being ever will

beast scorer, BEAST clutch performer, BEAST playoff clutch performer, and a winner...

he's like the sequel to the classic film that you never thought could be as good as the first.....but damn near comes close.
    I can agree with this statement with exception to last sentence.

I just don't think it's that close. Kobe's right across the street but nowhere on Jordan's property.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91

I just don't think it's that close. Kobe's right across the street but nowhere on Jordan's property.
    Or the "BEAST playoff clutch performer" either.

While he's had his moments on some occasions, he's not a BEAST. Just one of the other Kobe myths.

AK47DR91

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Or the "BEAST playoff clutch performer" either.

While he's had his moments on some occasions, he's not a BEAST. Just one of the other Kobe myths.
    True. He had that 2009 run. But way more misses than hits.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

came back and played in the modern era and shot 41% once again got Merked.
    It's interesting that in 2003, at age 40, Jordan shot a higher percentage in a tougher defensive era than Kobe did this year.

AK47DR91

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    It's interesting that in 2003, at age 40, Jordan shot a higher percentage in a tougher defensive era than Kobe did this year.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91

I agree with you. Nobody will ever come close to the impact or game that MJ had...

but Kobe is cut from the same cloth as your Jordans, Birds, Magics, Isiahs..bonafide legit alltime great..

he and Duncan are arguably the best players since MJ.and since kobe is a sg....he's gonna get compared to MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mirko Cro Cop
    What does Cro Cop have anything to do with what I'm talking about lol.

Mirko:
    - winner of the toughest PRIDE grand prix ever
    - greatest MMA striker
    - top 5 HW in history

gtfo, don't even try and talk MMA with me .

And BACK ON TOPIC ....

Jordan got merked in the 80's? He did farely decent considering the squad he had behind him while he was putting on legendary numbers...numbers which were far greater than ANYTHING Kobe has done and he was facing some of the best teams in NBA history in the Lakers, Pistons, and Celtics. While Kobe was shown the door in the 1st round every year against a team that refused to play defense in the phx suns.

And good job on that stat...28.6 ppg, that's what? Like Jordan's PPG in his worst year throughout his prime?

NEXT

- Mirko - won the open wieght Grand Prix fighting middle weights and LHW's Japanese cans..(Pride was also famous for fixing Fights...CroCop beat Barnett who just had a fixed wrestling match in Japan this year )

- came to the UFC and got merked over and over

- Mirko is Overrated from beating up lackluster Japanese fighters...

- Mirko is not even a top 5 alltime Striker...A Silva , Overreem , Hunt , Manhoef and GSP are better strikers.

- maybe top 20 alltime fighter...meh maybe not.

- you sound like a TUF Newb...

he was putting on legendary numbers...numbers which were far greater than ANYTHING Kobe has done and he was facing some of the best teams in NBA history in the Lakers, Pistons, and Celtics. While Kobe was shown the door in the 1st round every year against a team that refused to play defense in the phx suns.

And good job on that stat...28.6 ppg, that's what? Like Jordan's PPG in his worst year throughout his prime?

He was putting up numbers???...and getting destroyed...

Kobe was putting 40PPG for months in a row!!..son...pfft.

- the 80's = matadore defense nearly all perimeter players were 20PPG 55%FG...

- Watered down 90's = 5 more expansion teams , MJ got every call and coddled by the refs...

Kobe=MJ..and nearly all his peers agree....deal wit it

next

He was putting up numbers???...and getting destroyed...
    Some points you may have overlooked:

-Jordan led the Bulls to 50 wins in 1987-88, with a rookie Pippen and Grant.

- In 1989-90, the Bulls took the eventual champion Pistons to 7 games in the ECF. The following year, they swept Detroit in route to the championship.

Are we gonna act like Jordan, compared to his 80's contemporaries Magic, Bird, Isiah didn't have BY FAR the least talent to work with? The moment he had ANY kind of decent talent to work with, the Bulls became contenders. Is it Jordan's fault that the Bulls didn't assemble a truly competitive team around him until the aforementioned stars were on their way down prime-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Couldn't even answer a simple agree or disagree question. And exactly how am I trolling? I guess when all else fails, just start making assumptions.
    dont worry bro, hes a virgin. when he finally gets some, he won't be as weird

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Some points you may have overlooked:

-Jordan led the Bulls to 50 wins in 1987-88, with a rookie Pippen and Grant.

- In 1989-90, the Bulls took the eventual champion Pistons to 7 games in the ECF. The following year, they swept Detroit in route to the championship.

Are we gonna act like Jordan, compared to his 80's contemporaries Magic, Bird, Isiah didn't have BY FAR the least talent to work with? The moment he had ANY kind of decent talent to work with, the Bulls became contenders. Is it Jordan's fault that the Bulls didn't assemble a truly competitive team around him until the aforementioned stars were on their way down prime-wise?

- ok...he still got destroyed 4 years in a row....just like I said.

- some points you may have overlooked....left the Bull's in 93...Bull's only slipped 2 games in 94'

Pippen misses half the season in 97'...Bull's slip 8 games from the year before ( 96')...again....MJ misses whole seaon Bull's slip 2 games....Pippen misses half the season Bull's slip 8 games.

I know he got a stacked team and won championships in a watered down league...no one is disagreeing with that.

("By far the least amount of talent"....arguably The 3rd greatest player of the 90's and top 3 alltime defensive player..Pippen , the greatest defender/rebounder of the the generation Rodman, the greatest European player of the decade Kukoc and 2 other Allstars Grant and Armstrong...vs Magic and hurt Laker squad....Potland with Drexler , Duckworth and Porter ...garbage Kemp and Payton ..Barkley , KJ and Richard Dumas ...and Malone and Stock who got merked in 20 seasons....18 seasons they got merked by other teams ...not the Bull's..

least amount of talent?....they were by far the most stacked team of the 90's

next
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 06-27-2012 at 06:23 PM.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

- ok...he still got destroyed 4 years in a row....just like I said.

- some points you may have overlooked....left the Bull's in 93...Bull's only slipped from Being World Champions in 94 without their MVP MJ on the team

Pippen misses half the season in 97'...Bull's slip 8 games from the year before ( 96')...again....MJ misses whole seaon Bull's slip to second round Champions....Pippen misses half the season Bull's slip 8 games.

I know he got a stacked team and won championships in a watered down league that Kobe wasn't even good enough to be a starter in...no one is disagreeing with that.

("By far the least amount of talent"....arguably The 3rd greatest player of the 90's and top 3 alltime defensive player..Pippen , the greatest defender/rebounder of the the generation Rodman, the greatest European player of the decade Kukoc and 2 other Allstars Grant and Armstrong...vs Magic and hurt Laker squad....Potland with Drexler , Duckworth and Porter ...garbage Kemp and Payton ..Barkley , KJ and Richard Dumas ...and Malone and Stock who got merked in 20 seasons....18 seasons they got merked by other teams ...not the Bull's..Except for the only 2 times that they made it to the Finals.

least amount of talent?....they were by far the most disciplined and focused team of the 90's

next
    Made a few corrections there for you, Slick.
    Last edited by Nevaeh; 06-27-2012 at 06:35 PM.