Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default The NBA Artificially Inflating Player's Heights Is Getting Ridiculous

Jan Vesely 7-0 in NBA (6-11 in Europe)

Jonas Valanciunas 7-0 in NBA (6-10 in Europe)

Donatas Motiejunas 7-1 in NBA (7-0 in Europe)

Danilo Galinari 6-10 in NBA (6-8 in Europe)

Andrea Bargnani 7-0 in NBA (6-10 in Europe)

Jonas Jerebko 6-10 in NBA (6-8 in Europe)

The list goes on and on.............

The NBA is constantly adding 1-2 inches to the heights of players from Europe. They all magically grow 1-2 inches the second they get off a plane from Europe onto US soil.

It is also absolutely hilarious that the NBA claims that NBA players are "taller" than Euroleague players, when the Euroleague has taller players on average - even with using barefoot heights, unlike the NBA.

I am sorry, but the NBA has become such a joke under David Stern.

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: The NBA Artificially Inflating Player's Heights Is Getting Ridiculous

JJ Barea: listed at 6 ft, but is definitely no taller than 5'10. More likely 5'9. And I am 6 ft and have stood next to the guy before.

Default Re: The NBA Artificially Inflating Player's Heights Is Getting Ridiculous

It's been that way for some time now.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Jan Vesely 7-0 in NBA (6-11 in Europe)

Jonas Valanciunas 7-0 in NBA (6-10 in Europe)

Donatas Motiejunas 7-1 in NBA (7-0 in Europe)

Danilo Galinari 6-10 in NBA (6-8 in Europe)

Andrea Bargnani 7-0 in NBA (6-10 in Europe)

Jonas Jerebko 6-10 in NBA (6-8 in Europe)

The list goes on and on.............

The NBA is constantly adding 1-2 inches to the heights of players from Europe. They all magically grow 1-2 inches the second they get off a plane from Europe onto US soil.

It is also absolutely hilarious that the NBA claims that NBA players are "taller" than Euroleague players, when the Euroleague has taller players on average - even with using barefoot heights, unlike the NBA.

I am sorry, but the NBA has become such a joke under David Stern.
    1.) your schtick is tired

2.) I don't know about the others but Danilo Gallinari is a legit 6-10, maybe even taller. He's grown since entering the league.

It's no secret that NBA players are listed taller than they actually are. It's been like that for ages.

These are some of examples:
    Larry Johnson listed at 6'7 was actually 6'4.
    Hakeem Olajuwon listed at 7'0 was actually 6'10
    etc......

In the case of Andrea, I'm pretty solid on the claim that he is a legitimate 7 footer but I couldn't tell you about the others. The NBA has been deceptive with their listed heights for years and I'm not exactly sure why to be honest. Isn't Barea said to be listed at 5"11 or some measurement that's clearly wrong...

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    In the case of Andrea, I'm pretty solid on the claim that he is a legitimate 7 footer but I couldn't tell you about the others. The NBA has been deceptive with their listed heights for years and I'm not exactly sure why to be honest. Isn't Barea said to be listed at 5"11 or some measurement that's clearly wrong...
    Barea is listed at 6 ft.

NBA sixth man of the year

Why would anyone care about this?

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Why would anyone care about this?
    This.

Its like people actually valuing the height w/o shoes measurement.

It's the

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    It's no secret that NBA players are listed taller than they actually are. It's been like that for ages.

etc......
    Are you serious?

etc......
    So Dwight is 6-9?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    So Dwight is 6-9?

Barefeet - yes. If you see him standing next to Lebron there is no more than inch between them

7-time NBA All-Star

etc......
    Larry Johnson was actually 6'5 1/2" at the pre-draft camp so pretty much 6'7" in shoes. The problem is that some players are listed at their barefoot heights and others in shoes, also some others are inflated well beyond their shoes heights. For example, John Starks was listed at 6'5" and admitted he was really 6'2".

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    So Dwight is 6-9?

dwight is slouching to his right a bit. if they both stand upright, they gonna be the same height.