Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA Draft 2017

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: NBA Draft 2017

I knew when Charlotte was on the clock and Monk was still on the board we were just 1 pick away and it was too good to be true. I hate how this team can't lose right. Kennard fills a need with a shooter but I really had my fingers crossed for Monk. It's almost hard to be a Pistons fan anymore. They're so mediocre. There's no hope. There's not a trade that makes us better. We can't go after free agents. We never get great draft picks. At least with all these years that Philly sucked they have something to be excited about. The Pistons just won't develop young talent. They would rather win those few extra games. All these seasons it has devastated the team. Such a bummer. I'd rather just blow it up, trade for a bunch of future draft picks, and rebuild it again. This team isn't set up for todays NBA.

We are officially the Milwaukee Bucks and are looking for a Greek Freak.

Unless we get lucky like they did, and then find a team that will keep taking our unwanted players *cough* Pistons *cough*, we will be on this treadmill for a while.

We just got a new arena. What is the point of getting a new arena and making it blatantly clear we have NO talent to motivate the fan base.

I cannot get behind what Philly did. I never want our team to be a part of that trash. However, I would not mind a full breakdown and rebuild, if we are truly earning a top 3 spot, but at the same time developing the thin talent we have. I don't want us to trash seasons for the sake of robbing the integrity of the game.

SVG needs to start digging really hard to find that homerun. That may take getting out of the coaching position or moving yourself to the coaching position only/finding someone you know and trust to take the GM role.

But, whatever is going on right now is not working.

NBA lottery pick

We had many seasons where we were in the lottery. Instead of losing 6 or 7 more games they would go on a winning streak at the end of the season. Rather than having a top 4 pick we were at 7-9 (and even 12 this season...). What's the difference in losing a few more games? Let the young guys develop. I can get behind watching the young guys develop for a few seasons. What I don't see the point in is drafting a guy like Stanley Johnson and just putting him on the bench for two seasons. Maybe his work ethic did suck and he didn't earn it. In which case they drafted a bust from the get go and they should have done their homework better when they were scouting. To me if a guy can't crack the lineup in two years he's not going to be that all-star caliber player that we need. I feel like Ellenson isn't going to get much of a chance either. No development of young players and just plain missing in the draft is terrible for our future. All of the experts gave our draft this year an A. It still isn't going to make a difference. This is a mediocre team.

NBA lottery pick

Looking back at that Jimmy Butler trade yesterday that affects the Pistons too. The Bulls aren't going to be that good. I feel bad for Dwayne Wade who just opted in. I wonder if he really wants all that money now. When the Pacers trade Paul George those will be the bottom two teams in our division. That puts us right in the middle being mediocre.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Something interesting though,

I have just checked out all the scouting reports and draft projections / ratings of Klay when he got drafted - basically IDENTICAL to Kennard. Klay wasn't even considered a good defender in college either.

Klay is 1 inch taller, but Kennard's wingspan is 1 inch longer than Klay's.

I know a lot of people are saying Kennard's ceiling is something like Reddick, but who would have thought Klay's roof was something like what it is today.

I am not saying he will be anything close to what Klay is, but just some food for thought - they are basically on par coming out of college with their projections...

NBA lottery pick

That is interesting. I didn't realize Klay had such a short wingspan. Surprising he's such a good defender.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    That is interesting. I didn't realize Klay had such a short wingspan. Surprising he's such a good defender.
    Klay's wingspan is 6'9 - so not short just not long.

Kennard's is 6'10

NBA lottery pick

Luke Kennard only has a 6'5" wing span. Klay Thompson's is 6'8". Luke's not being longer scares some people about his defense.