Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller General's Avatar

Default Re: Romney says Obama won by showering black, Latino & young voters with big gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I don't think we've had many good presidential candidates for years, and I do think it's a sad commentary. With that being said, I did like Romney and McCain and voted for both(didn't like either Ryan or Palin, though), then again, I think Joe Biden is terrible himself.
    You are a great American, not a brainwashed left wing loon like the rest of the posters on ISH.

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

Default Re: Romney says Obama won by showering black, Latino & young voters with big gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    and with all that baggage, he still was a better choice than Romney/Ryan or Palin/McCain by a mile..

Says more about the current GOP than anything else.
    Not true. The reason Obama won is because he promised a lot more things than Romney did just like he stated. Romney's pitch was I'll bring back the America where if you work hard and follow the rules you will be a success story. You won't need government from craddle to grave to be a success. Obama was out there preaching how it's so unfair that the rich don't pay more, we need their money for you to be a success. Free college for everyone, free healthcare, free contraception..

Americans chose free stuff over hard work. It's that simple.

NBA Superstar

One things that clear is that Obama's terrible immigration law was a political move to get more votes....and it worked, sadly. Obama never should have been a serious presidential candidate in the first place 4 years ago, the guy did not have the credentials. Now, 4 years later, it's complete domestic and foreign failure, yet the majority want 4 more years like the last? Amazingly, the TERRIBLE economy wasn't as big of an issue as it should have been for voters. 4 years later, it's still all blame Bush, absolutely no accountability. And of course, with the Benghazi situation, Obama dodges the criticism he rightfully deserved because for some reason, the media still likes him. The guy is in WAY over his head, and a product of hype, but at least he's a good magician. Distracts people with his mouth so they're not looking at what he's doing with his hands.
    you listen to Rush Limbaugh don't you? i swear almost everything you said is straight out of a right wing talking point spinners mouth

even tho its beating a dead horse you do know where our economy was at when Obama took office? on the verge of a depression, thats where...you know where our economy has been headed recently? Obama graduated from Harvard, spent years in the Senate, what exactly doesn't qualify him to be President? especially when he ran a campaign better than his opponents as well as carried himself much better than Bush or really any Republican running for Prez in recent memory ever has...and i thought Hillary was the Republican target for Bengzhai? she's stepping down you know....

its just laughable to me how so many of you morons keep trying to call the rest of us sheep or idiots

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Not true. The reason Obama won is because he promised a lot more things than Romney did just like he stated. Romney's pitch was I'll bring back the America where if you work hard and follow the rules you will be a success story.

Another idiot who thinks Romney hit a triple when in reality he was born on third base.

Romney didn't do an honest day's work in his life.

Saw this on another site, it is appropriate:

"So is Romney's very low tax rate (compared with mine), for example, not a gift from the government? Are all the net federal transfers of wealth to red states not also, by that logic, a gift? What would Romney call getting offered a job with zero risk (Bain Capital), and a promise that if the investments did not work out, he could go back to his old job with no penalty, and retroactively get all his previous salary paid? Was that a gift as well? Or was that thriving, striving, Deseret?"

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    We can only pray...

Gotta control senate and congress. Hopefully we can get all those conservatives out of the supreme court as well.

Forward.
    This is one reason why the GOP will remain an important political force over the next decade. You should see what they did in tx to break up the dem-leaning urban centers into small parts of large GOP-leaning rural areas. Very unethical IMO
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...election-chart

You are a great American, not a brainwashed left wing loon like the rest of the posters on ISH.

You know what they say, dumber people are much easier to brainwash.

NBA Superstar

Not true. The reason Obama won is because he promised a lot more things than Romney did just like he stated. Romney's pitch was I'll bring back the America where if you work hard and follow the rules you will be a success story. You won't need government from craddle to grave to be a success. Obama was out there preaching how it's so unfair that the rich don't pay more, we need their money for you to be a success. Free college for everyone, free healthcare, free contraception..

how many rich people do you think work 2 jobs in this country? how many poor people do you think do? what exactly is 'hard work' to you? sitting in a office overseeing workers or being out there in the snow, heat, and rain busting their ass?

No, Romney catered to the rich, and the rich spent a ton of money to influence a ton of people towards their agendas some of who aren't rich of which are the biggest sheep to vote for their propaganda'd causes. you can crow about 'American values' or 'built on Capitalism' all you want, thats just propaganda he fed you to vote for those who are rich agendas. its funny when people use ideals like that acting like political candidates really mean it when the bottom line to most of them is they don't want to pay higher taxes period. they could care less on what America was built on idealogicially.

and the most laughable and insulting guilt trip thats consistently played by Republicans is this idea that if the rich have to pay more taxes we're somehow killing the incentive to earn and become successful in this country : i mean think about that, just because rich people will be taxed higher do you really think everyone is going to want to be poor now? are you sitting there saying right now "i'd better go apply for a job at McDonalds since if i get a college degree and a high paying job i'll be taxed higher"? that incentive is there regardless.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 11-15-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

You know what they say, dumber people are much easier to brainwash.

Because all people who don't have a college degree are stupid.

Romney's pitch was that he was going lower tax rates for his buddies..

He made a cynical bet against the intelligence of the public and he lost that bet.

He thought he appeal to nutbag rightwing in primary and then "etch a sketch" his way to the middle in the general, but his lies were too many and vision was too weakly defined

Funny how Romney can be basically running for president since 2007 and yet nobody knows what he really stands for in 2012...still

Republicans are their own worst enemies...

you think Im wrong?

look at this
    http://bangordailynews.com/2012/11/1...aud/?ref=lates

^this is what Im talking about... "Dozens, DOZENS"

Republicans just now realized that they cant get their greedy little hands on the nation's levers of power while disrespecting wide swaths of the public anymore.

I dont believe GOP will learn its lesson, but its been alot of fun watching their world crumble.

Couldnt have happened to a better group of people

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Because all people who don't have a college degree are stupid.
    So, are you saying that people from West Virginia (aka Appalachian Americans) are smarter on average than those from Massachusetts? It sure sounds like that's what you're saying.

But since I know you're smarter than that, I'll just link a study (it's not fit into one neat little picture so it's not as "reader friendly"). Guess what? Red states have lower average IQ's.

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/poli...es-summary.htm

Sorry, it is what it is. Republican voters are dumber than Democratic voters, period.

Known RINO Bobby Jindal doesn't seem to agree with you idiots (or Romney):

“No, I think that’s absolutely wrong,” he said at a press conference that opened the RGA’s post-election meeting here. “Two points on that: One, we have got to stop dividing the American voters. We need to go after 100 percent of the votes, not 53 percent. We need to go after every single vote.
    “And, secondly, we need to continue to show how our policies help every voter out there achieve the American Dream, which is to be in the middle class, which is to be able to give their children an opportunity to be able to get a great education. … So, I absolutely reject that notion, that description. I think that’s absolutely wrong.”

“I don’t think that represents where we are as a party and where we’re going as a party,” he said. “That has got to be one of the most fundamental takeaways from this election: If we’re going to continue to be a competitive party and win elections on the national stage and continue to fight for our conservative principles, we need two messages to get out loudly and clearly: One, we are fighting for 100 percent of the votes, and secondly, our policies benefit every American who wants to pursue the American dream. Period. No exceptions.”
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories...892.html?hp=r2

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    We can only pray...

Gotta control senate and congress. Hopefully we can get all those conservatives out of the supreme court as well.

Forward.
    Sounds like a one-party state to me. No thanks.

Neither one of these parties should control all branches of the government. It would be nothing but bad for us.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    you listen to Rush Limbaugh don't you? i swear almost everything you said is straight out of a right wing talking point spinners mouth
    Actually, no, I think Rush Limbaugh is an asshole and a hypocrite. I could care less what he has to say.

even tho its beating a dead horse you do know where our economy was at when Obama took office? on the verge of a depression, thats where...you know where our economy has been headed recently? Obama graduated from Harvard, spent years in the Senate, what exactly doesn't qualify him to be President? especially when he ran a campaign better than his opponents as well as carried himself much better than Bush or really any Republican running for Prez in recent memory ever has...and i thought Hillary was the Republican target for Bengzhai? she's stepping down you know....
    Check the unemployment % when Obama took office, and look now, plus, consider that as bad as it is, it's deceptively low considering how many gave up looking for jobs this summer because of how bad the economy had been for 4 years.

Obama was a US senator from '05-'08, and a good part of that was spent campaigning. That's just ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. He simply didn't have the track record then, and 4 years later, well, he does, but I can't see anyway to call it a good track record.

Obama's handling of Benghazi was disgraceful, both his administration's non-action in private, and his embarrassing public response. Oh, but wait....it was a youtube video.

its just laughable to me how so many of you morons keep trying to call the rest of us sheep or idiots
    I never insulted anyone because their opinion is different than mine, but if you look, your now the second person to insult me for my opinion.

Check the unemployment % when Obama took office, and look now, plus, consider that as bad as it is, it's deceptively low considering how many gave up looking for jobs this summer because of how bad the economy had been for 4 years.
    Oh, this lie again?

Comparing unemployment rate fluctuation between President Bush and President Obama.

Bush
    01/20/2001: 4.2%
    01/20/2009: 7.8%
    Unemployment Rate Change: 85.71% increase

Obama
    01/20/2009: 7.8%
    Currently: 7.8%
    Unemployment Rate Change: 0.00% increase

Comparing unemployment rate fluctuation when their budgets first took place

Bush
    01/01/2002: 5.7%
    12/31/2009: 9.9%
    Unemployment Rate Change: 73.68% increase

Obama
    01/01/2010: 9.9%
    Currently: 7.8%
    Unemployment Rate Change: 21.21% decrease

GDP performance during the Obama Administration has gone into positive growth.

US stock markets performance during the Obama Administration...
    DOW in 01/20/2009: 7,949.09
    DOW in 10/08/2012: 13,583.65
    Rate of Return: 70.88%

S&P 500 in 01/20/2009: 805.22
    S&P 500 in 10/08/2012: 1,455.88
    Rate of Return: 80.81%

NASDAQ in 01/20/2009: 1,440.86
    NASDAQ in 10/08/2012: 3,112.35
    Rate of Return: 116.01%

US stock markets performance since hitting the bottom on March 9th of 2009...
    DOW in 03/09/2009: 6,547.05
    DOW in 10/08/2012: 13,583.65
    Rate of Return: 107.48%

S&P 500 in 03/09/2009: 676.53
    S&P 500 in 10/08/2012: 1,455.88
    Rate of Return: 115.20%

NASDAQ in 03/09/2009: 1,268.64
    NASDAQ in 10/08/2012: 3,112.35
    Rate of Return: 145.30%

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Actually, no, I think Rush Limbaugh is an asshole and a hypocrite. I could care less what he has to say.

Obama was a US senator from '05-'08, and a good part of that was spent campaigning. That's just ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. He simply didn't have the track record then, and 4 years later, well, he does, but I can't see anyway to call it a good track record.

Obama's handling of Benghazi was disgraceful, both his administration's non-action in private, and his embarrassing public response. Oh, but wait....it was a youtube video.

I never insulted anyone because their opinion is different than mine, but if you look, your now the second person to insult me for my opinion.
    well, first of all, the number of people who are counted in the labor force has been going up fairly significantly during the fall.

As far as the attack on the embassy, how many embassies were attacked under bush? How many americans died during those attacks? As usual, its only important when it is the people you dont agree with. SMFH.

Besides, its hard to argue that obama has done nothing (hes done quite a bit if you bother looking into it), when the GOP controlled house has basically ceded any responsibility for the governance of this country.