Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New cast for NBA TV's Open Court (be ready for some good stories!)

Joining Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley are the returning Steve's, Kerr and Smith. Brent Barry is back for a second go around. Gone are Chris Webber, Shaquille O'Neal and Reggie Miller. Enter Shaq's teammate and NBA TV's Dennis Scott.

Added to the mix are now new NBA TN analyst Isiah Thomas. Also high flyers Dr. J and Nique Wilkins (are they joining NBA TV?) And former Magic teammates Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady (is Mac now on NBA TV, I know Hill is?)

Default Re: New cast for NBA TV's Open Court (be ready for some good stories!)

nooooooooooo chris webber

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Too bad, I like C-Webb. Reggie was alright as well. I thought his insight in the past episodes was surprisingly good.

3D was terrible in the 90s episode. Grant Hill barely spoke so I will reserve judgement there. I do like the Erving and McGrady additions without seeing what they can do. McGrady was good in the studio and Dr. J is Dr. J...

Get rid of Dennis Scott and bring back Webber. That would be a great cast.

NBA rookie of the year

I enjoyed Zeke's perspective on the first installment.

good theyre getting rid of Shaq. He has outlived his usefulness on the show (and amongst many other shows). Never have i seen so much annoyance from someone clowning around on a show that was intended to get viewers based on clowning around on a show.

Why change it when it doesn't need to be changed? Isiah Thomas? Really? Did you see his first appearance where he said the weak link of the 90's Utah teams was Karl Malone's free throw shooting. That's some really interesting, insightful stuff... And Dr. J... ugh. We've done this before and it wasn't his thing then.

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    good theyre getting rid of Shaq. He has outlived his usefulness on the show (and amongst many other shows). Never have i seen so much annoyance from someone clowning around on a show that was intended to get viewers based on clowning around on a show.
    but is shaw still on the post game panel with chuck EJ and kenny?

Isiah Thomas looks like a very charismatic person.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Why change it when it doesn't need to be changed? Isiah Thomas? Really? Did you see his first appearance where he said the weak link of the 90's Utah teams was Karl Malone's free throw shooting. That's some really interesting, insightful stuff... And Dr. J... ugh. We've done this before and it wasn't his thing then.
    Actually Isiah gave great insight on various topics.

hope they bring back c-webb, and reggie.. i like them both, remove 3D thou, Grant hill was not that active in the 90s. but lets see in a few more episodes.

i hope they can do the 90s segment again, but with barkley, reggie, and c-webb.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Also high flyers Dr. J and Nique Wilkins (are they joining NBA TV?) And former Magic teammates Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady (is Mac now on NBA TV, I know Hill is?)
    ^ None of these guys are funny. SMH.

Why isn't C-Webb on the show anymore?

Isiah Thomas doesn't seem like a genuine person at all. lies alot

Local High School Star

c webb is great whether its inside the nba or open court, he should be a permanent member of both

i enjoy reggie as well

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Isiah was actually pretty good outside of his "Karl Malone weak link" embarrassment. It was simply stunning that he couldn't articulate his point there, even after Ernie gave him a second chance to do so.

Anyway, besides that, I liked how candid Isiah was and particularly liked how he defended his Piston teams, who were incorrectly being referred to as "thugs" by the rest of the panel.

Has anybody got a link for the last episode ?