Default Prigioni/Larkin have to leave

Those guys have to leave the main rotation once the season starts. 3rd stringers, or hopefully value in a trade. The only thing that can stop this year from being special is keeping one or both those guys in the rotation. Just hold the team back so much with the drop in talent level they are from Carmelo/jr/Calderon/shumpert/thj

Default Re: Prigioni/Larkin have to leave

Rather see wear and cleanthony out there w the big guards instead of the big guards playing forward w prigioni/larkin

The only thing that can stop this year from being special is keeping one or both those guys in the rotation.

It's statements like this...

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    The only thing that can stop this year from being special is keeping one or both those guys in the rotation.

It's statements like this...
    Those guys out there weakens the team. Gives other teams more mismatches and advantages. They are the weak links. On both ends.

You don't see that. Then you don't understand. This could be one of the biggest and most difficult group of guy 1-3 to cover. Choose not to be that? For what benefit? Are you imagining prigioni/Larkin doing something not replaceable on either end?

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Those guys out there weakens the team. Gives other teams more mismatches and advantages. They are the weak links. On both ends.

You don't see that. Then you don't understand. This could be one of the biggest and most difficult group of guy 1-3 to cover. Choose not to be that? For what benefit? Are you imagining prigioni/Larkin doing something not replaceable on either end?
    Here's what I see: a team that will not be strong enough chemistry or player-wise to compete for a playoff spot. I do not comprehend your persisting that this is a year we could compete for a championship. Larkin is raw and needs work. Pablo is a veteran leader that works well in the triangle system. I agree we need upgrades with our point guards. But this will not happen this year.

I'll say it again and again and again until you catch my drift - THIS IS A YEAR OF CREATING CHEMISTRY AND FITTING PLAYERS TO A SYSTEM. We don't know how good Shane Larkin is until he gets minutes. I saw glimpses of what he could be in Vegas. Pablo will be gone next season, along with J.R., Bargs and Amare. Pablo will be a great teacher to Larkin, and I'm all with having a young, FAST pg who can use this excellent opportunity to up his game. It's a low risk, because if he doesn't realize, we can move him in a package next year. PJ would not have signed him if he didn't see anything there.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Those guys have to leave the main rotation once the season starts. 3rd stringers, or hopefully value in a trade. The only thing that can stop this year from being special is keeping one or both those guys in the rotation. Just hold the team back so much with the drop in talent level they are from Carmelo/jr/Calderon/shumpert/thj
    You make it sound like those players are on a different level than the rest of the team....they arent.

Even Phil said the only true star on this team is Melo....all those other guys have blatant weaknesses. So I guess in your opinion the team only has 5 good players...then how on earth can they compete like that? Glad to see Bargs isnt on your list...glad you came to your senses.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    You make it sound like those players are on a different level than the rest of the team....they arent.

Even Phil said the only true star on this team is Melo....all those other guys have blatant weaknesses. So I guess in your opinion the team only has 5 good players...then how on earth can they compete like that? Glad to see Bargs isnt on your list...glad you came to your senses.
    Would bargnani and smith be in the conversation about whether prigioni and Larkin are in the rotation? No. That's why I was saying out of the perimeter guys there's a huge drop off between guy 5 and those 2 when talking about the players that play 1-3

If it was overall then yeah bargnani is in the top group talent wise.

Would bargnani and smith be in the conversation about whether prigioni and Larkin are in the rotation? No. That's why I was saying out of the perimeter guys there's a huge drop off between guy 5 and those 2 when talking about the players that play 1-3

If it was overall then yeah bargnani is in the top group talent wise.
    The team is in trouble if thats the case.

Larkin outplayed J.R. tonight. 1 - 11.

I didn't see Bargnani.

I can live with this.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Once again, our PG position is out weak link. Pretty sure this will remain true and people will be finding ways to convince us how Shitioni and Larkin aren't the bums they appear to be. Be prepared for a long season of "they do the things that don't show up in the stat sheet" type of statements.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Once again, our PG position is out weak link. Pretty sure this will remain true and people will be finding ways to convince us how Shitioni and Larkin aren't the bums they appear to be. Be prepared for a long season of "they do the things that don't show up in the stat sheet" type of statements.
    I never figured our roster would be complete this year. I'll live with it for now. You're not another fan who thinks we're making the playoffs, are you?

Krust Kingz

I was going to leave this thread alone because its nonsense...

A team with no depth at the position should get rid of these 2.... You dont realize other teams see's the same things you see? So what makes them appealing?

This is a work in progress. A new system is going to take time to get players acclimated. The drop off in talent from Melo to everyone else is tremendous. Then after him its Stat then everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I never figured our roster would be complete this year. I'll live with it for now. You're not another fan who thinks we're making the playoffs, are you?
    The Knicks are in a spot where they need to be either really good or really bad. Their future depends on this. if Phil truly believes he can make a winner out of this, he has to go all in, or if not he needs to write this season off completely and use it as a season long training camp. The worst place to be is a treadmill team with a star who is againg and showing sign of breaking down and cannot compete fully given the same minutes of other stars and a roster full of guys who are not quality NBA players. This team might accidently make the playoffs, although it would depend on another team having a major misfortune, then management assess that all they need is a piece, when in reality they needed a total overhaul. Phil has time to make this decision, but not alot of it.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    The Knicks are in a spot where they need to be either really good or really bad. Their future depends on this. if Phil truly believes he can make a winner out of this, he has to go all in, or if not he needs to write this season off completely and use it as a season long training camp. The worst place to be is a treadmill team with a star who is againg and showing sign of breaking down and cannot compete fully given the same minutes of other stars and a roster full of guys who are not quality NBA players. This team might accidently make the playoffs, although it would depend on another team having a major misfortune, then management assess that all they need is a piece, when in reality they needed a total overhaul. Phil has time to make this decision, but not alot of it.
    The only part I disagree with is this.... There is no time to make that type of decision. Either its championship competitive team or it isnt. Its obviously isnt so why not make moves to improve the team that is so flawed or do a Philly?

Brandon knight a nd illyasova

For

Thj, Larkin, thanasis, dalembert

Nba board thinks bucks would do that easy.

Knight would be a really good upgrade from prigioni/Larkin in the rotation. Illyasova is needed w the home at sf so that Carmelo plays as much against 3's as possible. His body won't be beat up come playoff time.

Knight and shumpert being the same year could help sign better deals. They could give both the qo or extend one who might think only one of the 2 will come back. Cap wise a qualifying offer to knight isn't that much more than Larkin and hatdaway on the books.

So I know you have 2 big problems. Illyasovas deal keeping a superstar from coming in- and thj as a future superstar himself

Doesn't seem like enough but what if it was just knight for Larkin, thanasis, and a 2nd?

Would knight be a good fit behind Calderon with this Knicks system and personal?