Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Greg Monroe free agency situation

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Yeah it does sound like a much better deal now. I'm not sure what we would do with Jennings then though.
    Cut him, dump him on the Sixers, whatever.

NBA lottery pick

Jennings actually had a pretty decent season last year (for as much as we rip on him). The main problem I see with him is his game just doesn't gel well with Drummonds. He works pretty good with Smith and Monroe, but Drummond is obviously the future. Drummond thrives in a pick and roll especially when he starts at the high post and rolls. That's not what Jennings is good at. Bynum was good at it. I think Augustin will be too. With signing Augustin I actually think that Jennings is not in SVG's long term plans.

Decent college freshman

Jennings really didn't have a good season. His FG% and TS% were atrocious and so was his defense. He ranked as the 81st best PG in the NBA via real plus minus

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

The most frustrating thing is - Jennings has all the tools to be am a,azimg fit with Drummond, such quickness and agility, has incredible passing skills (he really, really does) and loves running the break...

But, and this is a huge but - he prefers to just jack up shots and it doesn't appear he is interested on cashing in on all those other facets of his game... He has more talent than most the league - seems like he is such a waste though...

Decent college freshman

Yah, his playmaking skills are great. He was 7th in the NBA in assist opportunities created, or something like that.

Gotta hope SVG can do the trick with him.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Good luck SVG - I really am hoping he can - but I wont be holding my breath!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB_XfZiYnKQ