Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Andre Drummond had great 2013 preseason

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Monroe,Jerebko,Bynum for Gordon and Anderson? We'd finally have some shooting. You'd have to be comfortable playing Anderson and Smith at the 4/5 for 15-20 a night though, so IDK.
    I think Anderson is a good fit next to Monroe. He was great next to Dwight in Orlando. I don't think he's a good fit with Smith though, plus that year in Orlando they weren't good..... We wouldn't be able to guard anybody. I want absolutely nothing to do with Gordon. He's listed at 6'4" but he's more like 6'3". The last time we had a 6'3" SG named Gordon that didn't work out too well. This particular one has had a career plagued with injuries. He's never played a full season ever and he's young. I want to stay as far away as possible from that.

Decent college freshman

Anderson was playing very good D under SVG.

NBA lottery pick

I'm not saying he didn't, but it does mean that he or Smith will have to guard the SF position. Last year having Smith at SF didn't work out well.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Yeah I wouldn't want to touch Eric Gordon - huge contract and doesn't make those around him better, would rather just get Morrow who would be 10 times cheaper whilst being a better shooter and not harming his team mates potential (Gordon would hinder KCP's growth, no doubt)

I will say this though - Gordon is a very, very underrated defender, that is the one aspect about his game I love - very underrated in this department...

Decent college freshman

We need guys who can shoot 3s and D up. His contract only goes for two more years and we dump a couple useless players in the process.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I'm not saying he didn't, but it does mean that he or Smith will have to guard the SF position. Last year having Smith at SF didn't work out well.
    I definitely would not ever plan to put one of them out there at the 3.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    I definitely would not ever plan to put one of them out there at the 3.
    Then the trade makes no sense. You can't have those big contracts and not have them out on the court.

Dre / Moose / Anderson would work very well,

Dre - Moose
    Moose - Anderson
    Dre - Anderson

All very capable rotations - although obviously not a likely scenario seems that we would be trading Moose for Anderson... Unfortunately

I wonder when the market price will be set for players like Stephenson / Ariza / Hayward...

NBA lottery pick

Teams are going to see what Melo and Lebron do first. It's always the superstars who need to sign first, then the secondary players will. Unfortunately this is a really weak class, so there is a chance teams will go after those players quicker if they really think they don't have a shot at anyone else.

Lebron will probably sign in Detroit........................................... ...........

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Lebron will probably sign in Detroit........................................... ...........
    He'd have more help here than in Miami. Josh Smith, Andre Drummond, and Brandon Jennings is more than what he has there. Wade is done. Bosh is nice but they've only made him a 3 point shooter now. Lebron does need to be surrounded by shooters though and that's one thing this team would have to find.

Decent college freshman

Then the trade makes no sense. You can't have those big contracts and not have them out on the court.
    I already mentioned that having Smith and Anderson would probably be too much of an issue, but if you do have them, you play them at the 4 and 5.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Dre / Moose / Anderson would work very well,

Dre - Moose
    Moose - Anderson
    Dre - Anderson

All very capable rotations - although obviously not a likely scenario seems that we would be trading Moose for Anderson... Unfortunately

I wonder when the market price will be set for players like Stephenson / Ariza / Hayward...
    But we don't have anyone to give for Anderson if we keep Moose. The Pelicans don't want a PF like Smith, they want a C who allows Davis to play PF. Most teams view Monroe as a C.

Decent college freshman

He'd have more help here than in Miami. Josh Smith, Andre Drummond, and Brandon Jennings is more than what he has there. Wade is done. Bosh is nice but they've only made him a 3 point shooter now. Lebron does need to be surrounded by shooters though and that's one thing this team would have to find.
    We'd actually be a very good spot for him. That frontline with him,Dre and Smith would be very big, athletic and defensively strong.

You're banking on KCP developing at that point. Singler is a nice fit as a role player and you live with Jennings. He's better than guys like Chalmers and can create offense when teams gang up on Lebron.

You gotta look for cheap shooters in FA at that point. Morrow,Fredette,Mills etc. and ideally some sort of stretch 4. Hawes?

haha, it will never happen though obviously.

NBA lottery pick

^^ Yeah it won't happen, but that would be a roster that would go to the finals. Especially if we landed a guy like Morrow too (who I like). Lebron is crazy to stay in Miami. Wade is just going to get older and worse and he's not going to take a pay cut. It's going to be hard to put players around him there.