Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Basketball Players And Coaches About Vassilis Spanoulis, Versus What ISH Trolls Say

ISH trolls, especially the Greek ones that are Panathinaikos (Spanoulis' ex team - its fans are so butt hurt that they would make Richard Simmons blush) only fan scum and lunatic hooligans, claim that Vassilis Spanoulis is, "the worst player in the history of the universe", "a Euro scrub", "someone that could never make the NBA", "high school players in the USA are better than him", "people at the local rec league are better than him", etc.

This is and other such comments are said here thousands of times, by dozens of posters.

I have been branded a "lunatic, nutcase, Euro ******, insane, crazy, liar", etc. and many other such insults, for saying none of that is true, and that in fact, he is one of the greatest European players ever, not just Euroleague players, but European players ever, and that this is universally accepted as a fact in Europe by basketball experts.

Now that Spanoulis has retired, the TRUTH comes out, and I am vindicated. If he was such a "worthless, no name scrub", then FIBA would not be writing all kinds of articles about him retiring. Every language in sports would not be writing articles about it in sports media, and paying tributes to his greatness.

All over Europe, they would not be discussing his legacy in the sport........if he was "a POS Euro bum".

Just an example, of some comments:

http://www.eurohoops.net/2015/09/eurobasket/127245

Alessandro Gentile (Italian national team player / Houston Rockets draft pick - so the Houston Rockets scum hater fan base can go burn in hell):

“Spanoulis is my idol. If I were Greek, I would cry all night. I am a huge fan of him, and when I heard his decision, I shivered”.

Danilo Gallinari (NBA player / Italian national team player) :

“He’s among the best all-time players in Europe, not only among the active players. It is always nice to watch him playing, and it was also nice for Greece to have him as a leader. He’s an example for everybody, and especially the young players”.

http://www.eurohoops.net/2015/09/eurobasket/126913

Pau Gasol (NBA player / Spanish national team player):

“Vassilis has made his mark in international basketball and Euroleague. He has offered a lot to his team, and he decided that it’s his time to retire. It’s a moment that will come for everyone. I wish him well, and to continue to play basketball with his club as long as he would like and wants to”.

http://www.eurohoops.net/2015/09/eurobasket/126716

Simone Pianigiani (Italian national team head coach):

“Incredible respect to Spanoulis. He’s an idol for me. I love him, but doesn’t everybody love him? Many times he killed me in the Euroleague. He’s something special”.

https://twitter.com/sergioscariolo/s...75079146332160

Sergio Scariolo (Spanish national team head coach):

sergioscariolo.com Verified account
    ‏@sergioscariolo

All my respect to Vassili Spanoulis: trying to slow him down has always been one of the most challenging and difficult parts of my game plans.

1:14 PM - 17 Sep 2015

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/ElladaB...h.3672427.html

Ioannis Bourousis (Greek national team player):

"I'm thankful that I happened to play with Vassilis. He's one of the best of Europe. When they learned that Vassilis was retiring, Pianigiani, Scariolo, and Gasol sent him messages. He's a dog that cannot never, ever be caged, and he's always trying to make me better, and for that I thank him very much."

https://twitter.com/nik683/status/64...543104/photo/1

Nikos Zisis (Greek national team player):

Nikos Zisis Verified account
    ‏@nik683

"It's my honor that I played next to you. The memories will remain engraved forever."

1:17 PM - 17 Sep 2015

https://twitter.com/PapaloukasTheo/s...70922268131329

Theo Papaloukas (Greek national team player):

Τheodoros Papaloukas
    ‏@PapaloukasTheo

"Lucky and proud of being a teammate and a friend of this man."

12:57 PM - 17 Sep 2015

http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/com...leMode_on.html

Vangelis Mantazris (Greek national team player):

"I'm really happy and very proud that we were able to play in the same national team with Vassilis."

"It's been an honor for us, and we hope to have the same success as him. I doubt that will happen without him, but that's it."

http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/com...leMode_on.html

Fotis Katsikaris (Greek national team head coach):

"Very, very, very difficult moment in the locker room when Vassilis announced that he retired from the national team."

"I believe he is one of the players that changed Greek basketball, changed the way that many see it, and it was a very difficult moment."

"History will remember him, when he wants to retire from his team, as one of the biggest players ever to play in Europe."

Greek Basketball Coaches Association:

"The Board of Directors of the Greek Basketball Coaches Association, after hearing the news that Vassilis Spanoulis retired from the national team, would like to thank him and congratulate him for all the contributions he has offered.

The Board of GBCA expresses that all Greek coaches want to thank Vassilis Spanoulis for his contribution over the years in Greek basketball, and especially on the occasions that he represented the national team. Since 2000, he honored the emblem on the jersey with sweat and blood, and he filled with us with tears of joy, while winning six medals (2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009).

The least that the Greek Basketball Coaches Association can do is to congratulate him and applaud him, because over the years, he became one of the brightest examples for young athletes, and an idol for all the fans of our favorite sports. "

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/ElladaB...a.3669937.html

Greek League Player's Association:

"The Association of Paid Basketball Players thanks Vassilis Spanoulis, for his HUGE contribution to the national team. We cannot describe the emotion we felt, listening to a legend of Greek and European basketball, announcing his retirement from our national team. Indeed, the thank you is very little, as we have no words. Vassilis gave us so much, and we owe him a lifetime!".

Last edited by Euroleague; 09-19-2015 at 05:10 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Basketball Players And Coaches About Vassilis Spanoulis Versus What ISH Trolls Say

You forgot the Jeff Van Gundy quote:

Default Re: Basketball Players And Coaches About Vassilis Spanoulis Versus What ISH Trolls Say

NBA MAX contract coming soon.

Banned

Did you accidently post this in the nba forum? Pm a mod to move it for you please.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I wonder if euroleague realizes that almost everyone besides Pau he brought up isn't even good enough to play in the NBA...or if they did come to the states and play here they'd be bench warmers. I opened this thread knowing he was going to be full of shit...but as I skimmed through his OP and saw these nobodies he was naming all I could do was laugh. "greek national team player" LOL.

I usually hit open layups USABall's Avatar

Sad to see such a great player leaving the international scene. Dude straight tore up the USA in 2006 as a PnR centerpiece, and hit several key shots. Other members of Greece are able to shine because of the focus that coaches put on stopping Vassilis.

It's a shame because I was hoping I could see the USA have a decent fight at the 2016 Olympics versus Greece with him on the team. The only Eurobasket game they lost was versus the victor of the tournament, and it was a close call. Now the USA will likely mop the floor with the competition (betting on the fact that either A: Greece won't qualify via the 3 chances in the qualifier, or B: they do qualify and don't have enough leadership) and we will have to wait until 2019/2020 for real competition.
    Last edited by USABall; 09-20-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Stalkerforlife a pedo

Default Re: Basketball Players And Coaches About Vassilis Spanoulis, Versus What ISH Trolls Say

[QUOTE=Euroleague]ISH trolls, especially the Greek ones that are Panathinaikos (Spanoulis' ex team - its fans are so butt hurt that they would make Richard Simmons blush) only fan scum and lunatic hooligans, claim that Vassilis Spanoulis is, "the worst player in the history of the universe", "a Euro scrub", "someone that could never make the NBA", "high school players in the USA are better than him", "people at the local rec league are better than him", etc.

This is and other such comments are said here thousands of times, by dozens of posters.

I have been branded a "lunatic, nutcase, Euro ******, insane, crazy, liar", etc. and many other such insults, for saying none of that is true, and that in fact, he is one of the greatest European players ever, not just Euroleague players, but European players ever, and that this is universally accepted as a fact in Europe by basketball experts.

Now that Spanoulis has retired, the TRUTH comes out, and I am vindicated. If he was such a "worthless, no name scrub", then FIBA would not be writing all kinds of articles about him retiring. Every language in sports would not be writing articles about it in sports media, and paying tributes to his greatness.

All over Europe, they would not be discussing his legacy in the sport........if he was "a POS Euro bum".

Just an example, of some comments:

http://www.eurohoops.net/2015/09/eurobasket/127245

Alessandro Gentile (Italian national team player / Houston Rockets draft pick - so the Houston Rockets scum hater fan base can go burn in hell):

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: Basketball Players And Coaches About Vassilis Spanoulis, Versus What ISH Trolls Say

Probably could've been a stud in the NBA, but the NBA is a brotherhood and the politics put an end to many careers.

Dude is a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Probably could've been a stud in the NBA, but the NBA is a brotherhood and the politics put an end to many careers.

Dude is a legend.
    Stick to your youtube videos, child. I still find it amazing that any woman could have allowed you to penetrate her. In nearly 6k post you have not said anything worthy of a real basketball discussion. You are just cringe worthy. When we laugh...we are laughing AT YOU..not with you.

Let's be real, vspan was a really great player and could definitely have been a stud in the NBA in the right situation. His ability to change pace was crazy. Take a chance and watch some of his footage, he basically let's the defender beat themself. Obviously this is predicated on a great ability to shoot. He had some crazy sick passes through traffic too.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Stick to your youtube videos, child. I still find it amazing that any woman could have allowed you to penetrate her. In nearly 6k post you have not said anything worthy of a real basketball discussion. You are just cringe worthy. When we laugh...we are laughing AT YOU..not with you.
    He mad.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Let's be real, vspan was a really great player and could definitely have been a stud in the NBA in the right situation. His ability to change pace was crazy. Take a chance and watch some of his footage, he basically let's the defender beat themself. Obviously this is predicated on a great ability to shoot. He had some crazy sick passes through traffic too.
    Just no. I'm not saying he isn't a skilled basketball player, but skill means nothing at the epitome of athleticism when you have none...he's great in the euroleague because the athletes are a similar to what he has to offer in this regard. He came to the NBA and saw that his skill wasn't enough to compete because the players at this elite NBA level are just too much for him athletically. He could have joined a shit team that allowed him to do whatever he wanted and he would still have been a joke in the NBA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    From what I've heard he didn't want to put in the work to prove himself in the NBA. Euroleague is right in some ways that in Houston he wasn't give full opportunities to show what he can do but that came after he had practice issues and threw hissy fits about not being the star and starter. The guys got a major ego and it's the same thing that's kept him from coming back to the NBA, he wants an immediate star level deal and wants to be the number one option from day one and based on his previous NBA experience he doesn't deserve that.