Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default ever use the finger roll or sky hook ?

or for that matter any old school move.

Default Re: ever use the finger roll or sky hook ?

I sometimes use a sweeping hook type thing... but it's only when messing around. I wouldn't dare use it in a serious game haha. I sometimes will use a little finger roll or something on a fast break but I'm no Iceman lol

Quote Originally Posted by goldenryan
    or for that matter any old school move.
    i was taught the hook shot at a young age, i've never had it blocked in a game. it's a great move to have, and it needs a lot of practice to perfect it. i worked on it for about 3 years before i ever tried it in a game.

I very often use the finger roll. The sky hook, not so much. I do use that one handed bounce pass in the open floor, a lot. learned that from watching Magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxBM3...eature=related
    3:47

Also use the UTEP Two-Step from Tim Hardaway often. And almost forgot to mention the Dream Shake in the post.

Blu Ray

the finger roll was literally my best offensive move, i was never a really fast player so i developed a really quick finger roll, and i used to OWN with it

my favorite was always get the ball on the block, spin around to the defense, cross to the left and finger roll as fast as i could

i used to do that from both sides of the court

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Finger roll to me is pretty hard, believe it or not. Probably just don't have the right technique. I'll practice it. I used to have a Sky Hook, though, but that kinda diminished. Damn, should've worked on these earlier during practice.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

hook, dream shake. my finger rolls suck

doesnt everyone finger roll when you take off further than you want to from the rim? I find that when I am reaching for the hoop I will finger roll, or if it's an easy lay up i'll finger roll without elevating.

The sky hook was the only move I had 6 years ago, i literally could not do anything else.

Ya know I don't think anything should constitute as an old school move... I mean everything has it's place and sometimes a finger role is necessary. Nobody uses a sky hook like Kareem even if they think they do... they do more of flip shot than anything just with their back to the basket. But I mean you could say moves like the up and under are old school cus McHale did it all the time in the 80's... but it's not old school cus it's still done a lot and is very useful.

Blu Ray

you guys should really learn it, practice it as hard as you practice say, your handles

'cause you can go to the rack as hard as you can and finish over a seven footer if you develop a good finger roll

i've finger rolled 5+ feet in the air and that b*tch drops in with barely touching the net, over a 7 footer

it really helps your game, trust me

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    you guys should really learn it, practice it as hard as you practice say, your handles

'cause you can go to the rack as hard as you can and finish over a seven footer if you develop a good finger roll

i've finger rolled 5+ feet in the air and that b*tch drops in with barely touching the net, over a 7 footer

QFT, i see guards do this to me sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux

Or you could just develop a tear drop... probably a little more realistic to master lol.

not gonna lie my floater is disgusting, i can drop those over anyone from anywhere. i can't count the time i'm playing at the courts and i'll just one handed float and 3 and every just looks at me in disbelief....

god i'm a creep

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    not gonna lie my floater is disgusting, i can drop those over anyone from anywhere. i can't count the time i'm playing at the courts and i'll just one handed float and 3 and every just looks at me in disbelief....

god i'm a creep
    A floater is a very good move to learn. It's simple yet effective.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    A floater is a very good move to learn. It's simple yet effective.
    i know i tried to get all my friends to learn it but they tell me to fuc[COLOR="Black"]k[/COLOR] off cause i'm so gay about shooting like mid range and 3 point shots with it