Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Celtics win Game 4 to take a 3-1 series lead. Post-game discussion here

congrats to the C's 2007-2008 NBA CHampions

well deserved

a couple things:

this game proves how worthless Rajon Rondo is, can someone look up his -/+? probably like -25 or something

the Lakers will be back in the finals next year with a familiar face back, Andrew Bynum

enjoy it Boston, cause next year the title will be in CA, whether is the W's or the Lakers

An Icon Forever

Default Re: Celtics win Game 4 to take a 3-1 series lead. Post-game discussion here

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    A very LAZY performance by Kobe today. Partially a result of how well his teammates played for much of the first 3 qtrs(Kobe relaxed), but THE reason behind his only good game of the season(Game 3) in 6 meetings against Boston this year was that he worked harder to NOT take bad shots than I've ever seen in my life. He realized that that's what it takes. Today he just went back to playing a normal game, and there's simply no way you can get away playing like that against Boston. I said this at the end of Game 3 itself, Kobe will have to continue working his @ss off like no tomorrow to have another good game. Sadly, outside of desperation time, he wasn't willing to put in the work at all today.

As far as Boston goes; they are so far ahead of every team in the league when they're clicking offensively it's not even funny. I'm just glad since the ECF they keep giving us reasons for WHY they were so clearly the best team in the league during the regular season. Defensively they're unmatched, offensively at home they're among the top teams in the league and when their offense shows up on the road, they beat the crap out of you. That's why they'll soon be champions.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I rememebr you predicting that the Lakers would win in 5. How many more games as of now do you see the Lakers winning?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan82
    he was off all night, some coaches say it's "finding his spots" or "saving his energy" but not in the finals, you play your ass off, otherwise you GTFO

kobe is underachieving for what he is supposed to do and for what he wants to be considered to be. he's having golden opportunity again and again to come through and either the lakers as a team cannot get the ball to him or he fails to hit the big shots

i think the jordan comparisons ended tonight, for good

The Jordan comparisons ended a couple of years back when Kobe didnt shoot the ball in the second half versus The Suns

College star

Default Re: NBA Finals, Celtics vs. Lakers, Game 5, Sunday

yea i thinking the celtics close it out on sunday, thought it would be better to celebrate it in the garden

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

wow surprised a decent post from you*not hating* use to the regular laker this laker that kobe this kobe that. Anyway great win for Boston give credit to where credits due.

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

Props to Boston, think LA will take the next one just because of pride/a alittle bit to prove for game four collapse then Boston will take the one at home. If Lakers were to SOMEHOW pull it out of the magic hat then game 7. Anyway bet on Odom being moved next year for a true small forward that can defend and shoot the outside shot. Since Bynum will be back next yr at center and Pau moving to his true position at pf and that leaves out the sf position since Odom is not effective at the 3. Who can we get and for what price/trade?

Fish
    Kobe
    Bynum
    Pau
    ?

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I rememebr you predicting that the Lakers would win in 5.
    I did, and I was obviously reeling from Boston's performance the 1st 2 rounds. They have stepped it up since and clearly proven me wrong though.

I think LA can win Game 5. No more than that though.

yea i thinking the celtics close it out on sunday, thought it would be better to celebrate it in the garden
    i'll bet the house lakers win on sunday.

No you didn't, I said the Lakers would lose the series to Boston with all the Lakers fans high on the fact Lakers offense was too good and Boston sucked against the Hawks and Cavaliers. The only thing I was wrong about was when the Spurs lost to the Lakers. I didn't know the Spurs would blow two 20 point leads though or that Manu was playing hurt.

Celtics are just the better team like I said. Kobe's "legacy" is just done. Never was anything close to Jordan, but now even the Kobe d1ck riders can admit to it now. Kobe needs Shaq and that's never going to change.

My predication for game 5 is that the game is any teams for the taking. I think the Celtics want to win this at home but they are going to take the chance to finish the Lakers in LA if they have it. I would love to see Vujacic crying and Kobe coming to the sad realization on live television that he can't win with out a dominant big man.

Paul Pierce is amazing man. That And 1 was crazy, love that gif.

College superstar

Celtics are probably the only team in NBA Finals history with:

60+ wins
    Highest efficiency differential
    Number one defense in the league
    Home court advantage

And labeled by the media as the underdog. At least when they did it in 2004 LA had home court.

i dont think me can get much for odom. i say keep him unless we can get a steal. he'll be the 4th option next year. he'll relish in that position.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    i'll bet the house lakers win on sunday.
    should the celtics blame the refs? LOL kidding of course :P

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Kobe needs Shaq and that's never going to change.
    Don't get carried away. I dislike Kobe as much as anyone, but there's almost no question that LA is going to win two or more rings over the next 4-5 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by don juan de marco
    The Jordan comparisons ended a couple of years back when Kobe didnt shoot the ball in the second half versus The Suns
    Pretty much but there were still some sycophants out there.

Tonight the door some slammed shut period. Any half way reasonable fan has to admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Don't get carried away. I dislike Kobe as much as anyone, but there's almost no question that LA is going to win two or more rings over the next 4-5 seasons.
    i disagree. lakers are soft in the middle. bynum is not a sure bet even if healthy.