Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Teams should give Bosh the Melo treatment

Bosh has been neglected and disrespected during his entire heat tenure. Bosh needs his ego boosted and for teams to explain to him that Bran makes him worse and gets all the credit for the titles. Houston should just give up the Melo pipe dream and go after Bosh who would be a perfect fit.

Default Re: Teams should give Bosh the Melo treatment

7 years in Toronto, 11 total playoff games.

Yea.....no.

It's honestly quite sad to see Bosh disrespected like he is recently. He was an offensive machine in toronto but miami doesn't know how to utilize him and he's nothing more than a spot up shooter for the majority of the plays he runs. Just sad to see all the potential talent go to waste like that.

Please stop comparing him to Melo. Melo is a legit franchise player who carried his team in the conference finals. Without Lebron and Wade. Bosh is just another Shariff Abdur Raheem. A good pf who put up good stats while playing on a non contending team.

Saw a basketball once

I view Bosh the same as I view Pau. Look at Gasol in Memphis and Bosh in Toronto. Remarkable similar careers. Bosh was a little younger in his Toronto years but they had remarkable similar stats and success. Bosh was an allstar more often but not much differentiates them. Neither of them are going to lead a team very far as the best player but can be a good 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Awkrewen
    I view Bosh the same as I view Pau. Look at Gasol in Memphis and Bosh in Toronto. Remarkable similar careers. Bosh was a little younger in his Toronto years but they had remarkable similar stats and success. Bosh was an allstar more often but not much differentiates them. Neither of them are going to lead a team very far as the best player but can be a good 2 or 3.

I actually ranked Gasol over Bosh. Gasol from 2008 to 2011 was a better playoffs and finals perfomer than 2011 to 2014 Bosh. And he was the 2nd best pf in the game after Dirk Nowitzki. He averaged 19 ppg on 48 FG%, 12 rpg, and 2.6 bpg against The Magic in the NBA Finals.

Decent playground baller

I still don't understand how the Heat couldn't utilize Bosh's skillset and forced Bosh to be a spot up shooter. If he was used correctly the Heat would've been more successful. With Wade declining Bosh could've been a good #2. It was a Big Three for a reason. Not LeBron playing his best ball ever, Wade declining rapidly, and Bosh being forced to be a role player.

Stop trying to destroy the Heat.

Saw a basketball once

Bosh was the better player in Toronto than Pau was in Memphis. Bosh's stats took a bigger hit being the third option in Miami than Pau's did being the second option on the Lakers. If Bosh goes to a team where he would be the primary option he would most likely put up better numbers than than Pau has the last 4 seasons. I think an argument can be made either way as to who the better player is. In my opinion however when all is said and done the fact that Bosh is 4 years younger and already has more than twice the number of all star selections tips the scale in his favor.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I actually ranked Gasol over Bosh. Gasol from 2008 to 2011 was a better playoffs and finals perfomer than 2011 to 2014 Bosh. And he was the 2nd best pf in the game after Dirk Nowitzki. He averaged 19 ppg on 48 FG%, 12 rpg, and 2.6 bpg against The Magic in the NBA Finals.
    That is because Kobe made Gasol better and Bran made Bosh worse.

Pau with Kobe >> Bosh with Bran.

Raptors Bosh > Grizzlies Pau.

Da Mavs

No doubt teams would be catering to Bosh if he was truly available on the level that Melo is/was.

Teams are starting to creep in though...

@ESPNSteinLine 10h
    While Houston holds out hope it can still win Melo Sweepstakes, ESPN sources say Rockets have already let Bosh know they're still huge fans
    ‏@ESPNSteinLine 10h
    Many league observers still think Miami finds way to keep its three aces together, but sudden Heat uncertainty gives Houston fresh Bosh hope

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    No doubt teams would be catering to Bosh if he was truly available on the level that Melo is/was.

Teams are starting to creep in though...
    They just need to boost Bosh's ego by giving him the superstar treatment.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Miami would be better off letting bosh walk and using his salary to get quality role players like Ariza, hawes and mcroberts. Actually they be better letting Wade go but that wont happen.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Miami would be better off letting bosh walk and using his salary to get quality role players like Ariza, hawes and mcroberts.
    too late. Suns got him.

NBA All-star

well, they are all sort of overpaying scorers nowadays.
    at least those that's been lottery bound.

Bosh's production different of about 8PPG (being generous here) will make it difficult for the league to hand out contract similar to that of Melo.

but with teams where scoring isn't a concern. but experience, defense, passing, etc. They'll probably take out their checkbook once they know where Melo is going if Bosh gives them enough impression that he's willing to leave the Heat if the price is right.

I think the league in general feels that Bosh is willing to take a paycut to stay with the Heat compared to Melo. Hence, haven't nessecarily see the need to throw out big numbers at him.

but hey, maybe I'm just overrating someone.... AGAIN.