Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does anyone still think Klay is a better ball player than Draymond Green?

Klay is great, easily a top 3 SG but Draymond is better.

Default Re: Does anyone still think Klay is a better ball player than Draymond Green?

Klay is better on offense. But Draymond impacts the game more.

Banned

Default Re: Does anyone still think Klay is a better ball player than Draymond Green?

So, Draymond should be payed max, right?

Klay's shooting ability and size is more unique, and thus he's still a more valuable asset. Draygod is the ultimate utility player, but as soon as you ask him to be more than that, I feel like he would get exposed.

Someone might offer Draygod a MAX deal in RFA, but we would match. I'm hoping we're able to sign him before that, maybe with a slight discount. I know he wants to stay with the Warriors. If we can get him for 12-14m per, the contract won't look too bad when the cap jumps in 16/17.

Both are role players... Draymond Green can do what he does every game consistently and perform because his game is based more on effort and intensity and he seems to be able to do that every game (life or death). But when Klay is on... you can't replicate that. He can help deliver those knockout blows that just totally demoralize other teams. Green is better in those gritty games.
    which is more valuable? Depends on the night. Take your pick

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    Both are role players... Draymond Green can do what he does every game consistently and perform because his game is based more on effort and intensity and he seems to be able to do that every game (life or death). But when Klay is on... you can't replicate that. He can help deliver those knockout blows that just totally demoralize other teams. Green is better in those gritty games.
    which is more valuable? Depends on the night. Take your pick
    Both are allstar level impact players dont get it twisted

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Hamtaro, seems like I haven't seen you in forever bud! What's new?

And to answer your question; YES, I do still hate that fat f*ck Draymond Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Hamtaro, seems like I haven't seen you in forever bud! What's new?

And to answer your question; YES, I do still hate that fat f*ck Draymond Green.
    Whats gud my nikka just outchyea summer school, work, chillin wit boys........how u been?

i like Draymonds game but i hate everything else bout him

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Whats gud my nikka just outchyea summer school, work, chillin wit boys........how u been?

i like Draymonds game but i hate everything else bout him
    Just been kicking it since i've finished my first year of college. Also paid off my first year's tuition so i'm g-o-o-d. You know, same old. Just been partying a lot lately, blowing off steam. Drugs, alcohol, women. As per uzze. Haha.

Good talk, good talk. Catch you around, brother.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Klay's shooting ability and size is more unique, and thus he's still a more valuable asset. Draygod is the ultimate utility player, but as soon as you ask him to be more than that, I feel like he would get exposed.

Someone might offer Draygod a MAX deal in RFA, but we would match. I'm hoping we're able to sign him before that, maybe with a slight discount. I know he wants to stay with the Warriors. If we can get him for 12-14m per, the contract won't look too bad when the cap jumps in 16/17.
    Idk, 12-14mil for a 12/8/4 guy?

It's always hard with players like this, is he going room for improve from here on out? or is he going to regress with a fat contract?

obviously you watch the warriors much more than I do, but I can't help feeling that he would fall off hard ala Stevenson...

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Idk, 12-14mil for a 12/8/4 guy?

It's always hard with players like this, is he going room for improve from here on out? or is he going to regress with a fat contract?

obviously you watch the warriors much more than I do, but I can't help feeling that he would fall off hard ala Stevenson...
    Simply calling him a "12/8/4 guy" is very misleading and show that stats don't tell the whole story. His defense is what makes him great.

I think Klay is better. A good defender himself and when he's on a good day he could flat out take over a game with his shooting and even when he's off the other team needs to put a guy so close to him that opens up things for everyone.
    Green is a great defender but he can't take over a game defensively and on offense he just takes advantage of the attention Curry and Klay demand. I think he's in the perfect situation right now, he's a strange case of a guy who worths 15M for this GSW team but would worth 10M elsewhere.

That being said, Klay has to play better. He had a average series against the Grizzlies and hasn't shot well against Rockets so far. If Curry has a off night, Klay needs to take the burden like he did during the RS.

I feel as if there is anyone who is overrated on this Warriors team, it is Klay. I think he is in a perfect position with this team. Very little pressure on him, gets open shots, and has free reign to shoot whenever. Not to mention, I don't think he is all that great a defender. Average at best.

Might just be me, but just get that feeling.

Serious playground baller Gabuyaux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I feel as if there is anyone who is overrated on this Warriors team, it is Klay. I think he is in a perfect position with this team. Very little pressure on him, gets open shots, and has free reign to shoot whenever. Not to mention, I don't think he is all that great a defender. Average at best.

Might just be me, but just get that feeling.
    If he wasn't a good defender, he wouldn't be assigned to guard harden every possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabuyaux
    If he wasn't a good defender, he wouldn't be assigned to guard harden every possession.
    Kerr is a rookie thats the reason. As seen in game 3 Iggy whos a far superior defender does a better job defending Hardon. Barnes too plus putting both them on Hardon gives Klay more power on offense since Barnes and Iggy arent the offensive threat he is