Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Michael Jordan on shortening the NBA season: "I never thought 82 games was an issue."

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/10/16/cha...dan-nba-season

"I loved playing," Jordan told ESPN.com. "If I wasn't playing 82 games, I still would've been playing somewhere else because that's the love for the game I had. As a player, I never thought 82 games was an issue."
    He said it in response to LeBron's comments that 82 games was too many.

College superstar

Default Re: Michael Jordan on shortening the NBA season: "I never thought 82 games was an issue."

i think jordan is petrified of lebron, tbh. one championship in cleveland and the "LeBron = GOAT" moniker would be nearly unanimous - of course jordan knows this and doesn't want lebron to have any competiitve advantages (see: jordan snitching on the knicks, by means of changing the way the games are called + superstar treatment).

ultimate bitch move by jordan , imo

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Michael Jordan on shortening the NBA season: "I never thought 82 games was an issue."

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    i think jordan is petrified of lebron, tbh. one championship in cleveland and the "LeBron = GOAT" moniker would be nearly unanimous - of course jordan knows this and doesn't want lebron to have any competiitve advantages (see: jordan snitching on the knicks, by means of changing the way the games are called + superstar treatment).

Even if he won 10, the masses would still prefer Kobe. Get over it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

what else is new for Lebron "Cheat Code" James..

lebron wants the season shortened so it's a sprint instead of a marathon, so that way the mental strength and stamina factor is removed.

lebron wants to play with the very best talent every year, or he WILL jump ship... don't test him.

lebron wants to stare down MJ in the middle of a game as if he's coming for him, and then play like a baby deer in the Finals, undertaking a safe, relatively tiny load to protect his efficiency, then blaming teammates and skipping town after this conservative style gets thoroughly exploited by a smart team...

he always seeks out the cheat code so he can skip the stamina factor, skip the team-building steps, and avoid the WIM factor.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    Even if he won 10, the masses would still prefer Kobe. Get over it.
    jordan after lebron swept the lolcats:

^proof jordan is PETRIFIED of lebron

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    what else is new for Lebron "Cheat Code" James..

lebron wants the season shortened so it's a sprint instead of a marathon, so that way the mental strength and stamina factor is removed.

lebron wants to play with the very best talent every year, or he WILL jump ship... don't test him.

lebron wants to stare down MJ in the middle of a game as if he's coming for him, and then play like a baby deer in the Finals, undertaking a safe, relatively tiny load to protect his efficiency, then blaming teammates and skipping town after this conservative style gets thoroughly exploited by a smart team...

he always seeks out the cheat code so he can skip the stamina factor, skip the team-building steps, and avoid the WIM factor.
    Yeah his last finals series got severely overrated by the media. They tried to act like it was LeBron out there doing everything yet when the games were close and the Heat still had a chance to stay in it, he was nowhere to be found. But as soon as Kawhi Leonard came off the floor LeBron would start stat hunting like crazy. Chalmers pretty much called him out for it and guys like Bosh have started to open that door as well.

Thats the difference with Jordan, and to a lesser extent guys like Kobe, Melo, Dirk, etc, the list goes on. While plenty of players hate those guys for whatever reasons, almost every player respects them. Can't say the same for LeBron.
    Last edited by russwest0; 10-16-2014 at 04:09 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

GOAT gonna GOAT

Never go full pauk

Local High School Star

Is that why he retired to play some other shitty sport that had even more games a year?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by edrick
    Is that why he retired to play some other shitty sport that had even more games a year?
    He retired because he had reached a point where it became less of a game to him because he had nothing left to conquer. He had just won three championships in a row putting up superhuman finals stats....

I think over time, being away from the game and hearing chatter from his peers brought him back to it. He talked about it in his HOF speech. While he was retired Byron Russell was talking mad sh*t to MJ about how he could lock him up...... MJ comes back... hits game winning shot over Byron Russell to secure the Finals win over the Jazz in 6 games.... GOAT gonna GOAT...
    Last edited by russwest0; 10-16-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Not airballing my layups anymore MrRogers's Avatar

NBA Players of this day and age are soft. Sheesh.

80's and 90's players took the regular season games more serious, even if they went at 75 mph.

All this technology and gym time these dudes put in, and yall want less games?! LOL

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Lebron wants more help

"I loved playing," Jordan told ESPN.com. "If I wasn't playing 82 games, I still would've been playing somewhere else because that's the love for the game I had.
    MJ loved playing so much he quit 2X with the chance to 4peat.

NBA sixth man of the year

I assume you're trolling.........