Default Get Saric this season, Hinkie!

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/1...rtedly-unhappy

Saric is not happy in Turkey with Efes in the Euroleague. It's early, but Saric is upset with his lack of playing time. His father, Predrag, is speaking loudly of a breach of contract.

Saric was a top 5 or 8 talent in the very deep 2014 Draft. The only reason he fell in the draft was because of uncertainty on when exactly he was suppose to come over to the NBA. He would fit in nicely and get enormous playing time in the 76ers player development system under Brett Brown right now.

God knows Philly fans need the excitement this year with MCW's immediate return still in doubt. Noel showed a little bit of what he could deliver this season with a recent 12, 11, 3ass, 3 steals,1 block performance vs. the Knicks. A Saric addition this season would certainly be welcome.

Can Hinkie get this done now? Do it!

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Get Saric this season, Hinkie!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/1...rtedly-unhappy

Saric is not happy in Turkey with Efes in the Euroleague. It's early, but Saric is upset with his lack of playing time. His father, Predrag, is speaking loudly of a breach of contract.

Saric was a top 5 or 8 talent in the very deep 2014 Draft. The only reason he fell in the draft was because of uncertainty on when exactly he was suppose to come over to the NBA. He would fit in nicely and get enormous playing time in the 76ers player development system under Brett Brown right now.

God knows Philly fans need the excitement this year with MCW's immediate return still in doubt. Noel showed a little bit of what he could deliver this season with a recent 12, 11, 3ass, 3 steals,1 block performance vs. the Knicks. A Saric addition this season would certainly be welcome.

Can Hinkie get this done now? Do it!
    I think that there is zero chance that he comes this year. First, his father doesn't want him to come this year which seems to carry a lot of weight for Saric. Secondly, I don't think that it makes sense for the Sixers to pay him this year to get better when they can have him play in Europe for free. In addition, this would stagger the contracts of their first round picks more so that they would only have MCW and Noel's contracts expiring the same year and then Embiid's the next and Saric at least one year later. This would prevent them from having MCW and Noel in one year and then a year later having Embiid and Saric in the same year. It makes no sense for the Sixers or Saric to be here this year. I am against him coming this year.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I think that there is zero chance that he comes this year. First, his father doesn't want him to come this year which seems to carry a lot of weight for Saric. Secondly, I don't think that it makes sense for the Sixers to pay him this year to get better when they can have him play in Europe for free. In addition, this would stagger the contracts of their first round picks more so that they would only have MCW and Noel's contracts expiring the same year and then Embiid's the next and Saric at least one year later. This would prevent them from having MCW and Noel in one year and then a year later having Embiid and Saric in the same year. It makes no sense for the Sixers or Saric to be here this year. I am against him coming this year.
    His father may be over reacting, but if Saric truly won't be getting playing time over there, it doesn't suit the 76ers interest.

Sometimes the Euro game cramps the style of talented young prospects. Competing against grown men in a very physical style may not necessarily be good for Saric. Playing for Brown this year in a more wide open, fast paced offense, I submit, might be better for Dario.

I don't know about the contract situation, but the sooner he gets here, the better for Philly, I think.

And put the tank in jeopardy? No way.
    Also, that is the reason MCW will take as much time off as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    And put the tank in jeopardy? No way.
    Also, that is the reason MCW will take as much time off as he can.
    I don't think any combination now of Saric and Noel can put the 76ers in the playoffs this season. There will be growing pains. This is why it would be better if they started the growing now.

Is Philly definitely tanking this year? If so, why? My understanding is that aside from Okafor, who I think is a big (could be wrong here), the upcoming class is pretty weak. Why throw the season away for a second or third tier prospect?

I guess if they really want to play it safe with Embiid, and want to play their young guys major minutes, the tank will come naturally, but it doesn't seem like a lock IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    His father may be over reacting, but if Saric truly won't be getting playing time over there, it doesn't suit the 76ers interest.

Sometimes the Euro game cramps the style of talented young prospects. Competing against grown men in a very physical style may not necessarily be good for Saric. Playing for Brown this year in a more wide open, fast paced offense, I submit, might be better for Dario.

I don't know about the contract situation, but the sooner he gets here, the better for Philly, I think.
    Ok, so there aren't grown, physical men in the NBA? The Sixers drafted Saric expecting to get him in to years, I don't see that changing. Even if he leaves Efes he will play somewhere else in Europe this season and that's what's best for him.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Is Philly definitely tanking this year? If so, why? My understanding is that aside from Okafor, who I think is a big (could be wrong here), the upcoming class is pretty weak. Why throw the season away for a second or third tier prospect?

I guess if they really want to play it safe with Embiid, and want to play their young guys major minutes, the tank will come naturally, but it doesn't seem like a lock IMO.
    Yes, Philly will more than likely have the worst record in the league. There hasn't been a game played yet this year so it's a little early to say this class is strong/weak. They are tanking to get a high draft pick which is an asset. They can then either select a player that they think fits their system with that pick or they can flip the pick and turn it into a player or two more picks or who knows. Yes of course they are tanking this year and had planned to all along which is why they had no problem taking Embiid. Hinkie has said to be prepared for the team to stink for a few years while they build for the future and there is no way that he will deviate from that plan. Hinkie is trying to build a team that will be good for 5-10 years and that takes a lot of assets. They have been acquiring assets the past few years and this year will be no different. Yes they are completely tanking this year which is why the Sixers were totally opposed to any kind of alteration to the lottery system this year.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Yes, Philly will more than likely have the worst record in the league. There hasn't been a game played yet this year so it's a little early to say this class is strong/weak. They are tanking to get a high draft pick which is an asset. They can then either select a player that they think fits their system with that pick or they can flip the pick and turn it into a player or two more picks or who knows. Yes of course they are tanking this year and had planned to all along which is why they had no problem taking Embiid. Hinkie has said to be prepared for the team to stink for a few years while they build for the future and there is no way that he will deviate from that plan. Hinkie is trying to build a team that will be good for 5-10 years and that takes a lot of assets. They have been acquiring assets the past few years and this year will be no different. Yes they are completely tanking this year which is why the Sixers were totally opposed to any kind of alteration to the lottery system this year.
    I agree with you- this is the plan. If lotto rules don't get changed for this upcoming draft, I don't think Philly can assume that they won't be altered in time for the 2016 draft. Acquiring some more assets can never hurt, especially since I doubt this squad could win 25 games if they played their tails off all season long. Regardless, if Philly makes the playoffs, they owe Boston their first round pick - they need to acquire some more assets, on the wing, specifically.

They have a potentially really good frontcourt rotation between Noel, Embiid, & Saric, and the point about staggering their contracts is brilliant. Philly should have an awesome cap sheet going forward and these rookie deals are great as the cap increases. Bringing Saric over now could be good for his development, but at least another year abroad sounds like the best bet for his growth. I think Hinkie would rather him play overseas anyway.

Between their own pick and the MIA pick, they should try to land a wing with a full offensive skillset and a dead-eye shooter. I think McDaniels could be a useful rotation cog if he improves his 3 point shooting, provided he doesn't depart next summer.

I'm not a Sixers fan, but I'm pretty fascinated by this rebuild to see how it shakes out. Philly may have the most dominant team in the league in the next 5 years because of this total revamp and could influence future team construction.

You don't want to deal with Saric's father this year, believe me.

Decent playground baller Lord Bean's Avatar

i am glad thes guy is play with the sixes and not cavalers where lebron can turn him into forever role player

did you know love score 25 point without lebron then 5 point in game with lebron

man i am glad sarici play in sixer where he can play game like he want to play

Saric isn't gonna be playing for us this season and theres a strong possibility that he'll never even play for us at all. His contract has no buyout for two years that would mean he will be coming over for the 16/17 season earliest, by that time Hinkie could trade him for more assets. Saric has a game today let's see if he gets any minutes last I heard the coach gave the final active spot for a non native player to a injured Nenad Krstic

I would actually agree that it's wiser and more practical for Saric to come over after 2 more seasons of experience in the Euroleague, but if he won't be playing now, then his development would be stunted.

By the way, this is what Dario's father told a Croation newspaper,

http://www.euroleague.net/main/resul...2014#!boxscore

Saric played 22 minutes today had 9 points 3 rebounds and 3 assists shot 4/6 from the field in a 82- 76 win. I guess Sarics father is one bad ass $OB