Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Curry is the only player I've ever thought was better than MJ offensively

I'd agree he is comparable offensively but with a different style, but defense is not even close.

Default Re: Curry is the only player I've ever thought was better than MJ offensively

Quote Originally Posted by Riks
    I'd agree he is comparable offensively but with a different style, but defense is not even close.

This and again, he plays in a league where the defense essentially can't do much considering an offensive wing player can face up on the basket and do whatever they want.

It's no accident that when the rules changed to cater to guards that suddenly guards are the primary benefit of this new era of ball. And Curry clearly has figured out that formula.

This forum really has zero concept of context. They're desperate to crown the next GOAT player meanwhile the game looks very different now

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    This and again, he plays in a league where the defense essentially can't do much considering an offensive wing player can face up on the basket and do whatever they want.

It's no accident that when the rules changed to cater to guards that suddenly guards are the primary benefit of this new era of ball. And Curry clearly has figured out that formula.

This forum really has zero concept of context. They're desperate to crown the next GOAT player meanwhile the game looks very different now
    Curry would do the same thing in any generation.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Dude, you flip flop hard.

I still see you in the threads hoping he fails, but then you convert, and then you go back to hating a little.

This shit ain't a fluke anymore. Just roll with it.
    Just because inrecognize it doesn't mean I have to like it or root for it. I've been consistent since the beginning part of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Wilt absolutely has a case, despite the higher paced era.

Wilt averaged 1.04 ppg in his 50 point season. He shot 68% in his 24/7.8 assist season. Nobody else has ever averaged 38 or more a game, and Wilt did that in three seasons.

Wilt was an outlier like Curry is an outlier with his shooting.
    Not really. Dude just took a shit ton of shots and played in the worst era ever.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Not really. Dude just took a shit ton of shots and played in the worst era ever.

Wilt was most definitely an outlier... choking or not

Prisoner of the moment post, cut him some slack. Damn

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror

Yeah, that's what it is, a formula. Who would've guessed the formula was just being by far the most insane shooter in history, with all time great handles, hand eye coordination and instincts/awareness. Excited to see the 30 for 30 for details on how Silver and his nerd friends were able to manufacture one of the most ridiculously skilled players of all time.

Facts Are Misleading

Curry hasn't even averaged 30ppg in a playoff run yet and his finals performance was not exactly Jordan esq.

What we can say is he's the most efficient high volume scorer this regular season. We can't say he's on Jordan's level. Not until he does it in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    A PEAK Kareem played four years in the Wilt-era, and never approached the overwhelming domination that a PRIME Chamberlain had carpet-bombed the NBA with. NOR was he even remotely close to as dominant against the SAME centers that a PRIME Wilt just annihilated. Guys like Dierking, Imhoff, Reed, Bellamy, and Thurmond. Hell, a past-his-prime Wilt was more dominant against Dierking and Jim Fox IN the Kareem era.

And yet, a 38-39 and even 40 year old Kareem just CRUSHED a 23-25 year Hakeem in their 14 H2H's in that same span, and overall, a 38-41 year old Kareem outscored a 23-26 year old Hakeem in their 23 career H2H's, and outshot him from the floor by a .607 to .512 margin.

A 38-39 year old Kareem hung games of 40, 43, and 46 on Hakeem (and that 46 point came came on an effortless 21-30 shooting, and in only 37 minutes.) It was so bad that the Rockets coach moved Sampson onto KAJ in the WCF's that year.

One can only imagine the carnage that a PEAK Kareem would have left had he faced a prime Hakeem. And just how laughable would it have been had a 23-24 year old Kareem faced a 39 year old Hakeem?

BTW, Shaq's high game against Hakeem... 37 points. And that was a peak Shaq going up against a fading Hakeem.