Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Can we all agree Dallas's championship run last year was a fluke

Come on. a fluke is something that never happens before, happens once, and then never happens again. aka Dallas's magical title run

Banned

Default Re: Can we all agree Dallas's championship run last year was a fluke

Doesn't make it worth any less

I usually hit open layups

still one ring more than others

I wish the Rockets could have a fluke season and win another championship.

Dunking on everybody in the park gin17's Avatar

how is it a fluke to win over the stacked teams of last year? they battled through the ex-champion lakers, the okc, the heat... you cannot win over those with just luck, especially for a 7-game series for each

Banned

Yes, because the Mavericks this season were the exact same team as last season.

It just goes to show you how important players like Chandler, Stevenson, and Barea were in the post-season for Dallas last season. I would say even Peja and Brewer were important in that series. I remember Peja knocking down clutch shots in Game 3 vs. the Lakers and Brewer played a good game against LA as well.

Serious playground baller ThunderKat's Avatar

I wouldn't call it a fluke... they lost Stevenson, Chandler and Barea. They just couldn't afford to keep all of those guys and they were a different team because of losing those guys.

[COLOR=Teal]Heat should've won, but in no way was it a fluke.
    [/COLOR]

Very good NBA starter

they really came together last season. they earned it, deserved it, and were a deep team... having said that, look at the league now and last season. Shaq is out, Duncan and KG are on their last legs, Kobe will be out soon... look at the elite big men today... it's a different league and the Mavs took advantage of it fair and square.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

No, we can't. Because it wasn't.

Dirk played out of his mind, the team was deep, and surprised everybody, probably even themselves. They were a very good team, and they earned that title, no doubt about it.

This year's team was simply inferior.

It wasn't a fluke. How can a 7 game series be a fluke?

They got hot at the right time, and capitalized.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Yes, because the Mavericks this season were the exact same team as last season.

It just goes to show you how important players like Chandler, Stevenson, and Barea were in the post-season for Dallas last season. I would say even Peja and Brewer were important in that series. I remember Peja knocking down clutch shots in Game 3 vs. the Lakers and Brewer played a good game against LA as well.
    So you're saying Chandler/Stevenson/Barea can make the difference from a 1st round sweep exit to a championship team?

how stupid are you? not even nba superstars can have that affect

Banned

Can we all agree OP is a f.aggot?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor K
    Come on. a fluke is something that never happens before, happens once, and then never happens again. aka Dallas's magical title run
    Not really. Tyson Chandler was a great defensive presence. Imagine the championship Pistons team without Ben Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Can we all agree OP is a f.aggot?
    and a drug addict