Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: A Chapter on from Rodman's book on his time in San Antonio and the 1995 NBA Playoffs

The guy was a very talented moron.

Cali Love

Default Re: A Chapter on from Rodman's book on his time in San Antonio and the 1995 NBA Playoffs

Those guys in San Antonio can kiss my ass, especially Gregg Popovich. He pulled a bunch of bullshit on me every step of the way. He wanted to "tame" me, then when he found out I wasn't his puppy dog, he set out to do whatever he could to drag my name through the mud in the NBA. And what did it get him? It got him Will Perdue, that's what. Maybe if he had been a little smarter and kept his mouth shut, he could have gotten something better.
    The sad part is, they may have actually believed they were going to be better with Will Perdue. They said he fit in better with the team - in their minds - because he's more of a family man. He doesn't go out and do the things I did. He'll do what they want him to do, when they tell him to do it, and that's what they want down there in that white-ass, conservative-ass city.
    rodman is the man

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

This is actually fascinating and I suspect the Rodman years massively shaped how the Spurs have built their team over the past 20 years.

Seems to me like Rodman proved to Pop in '95 that a players activities off the court are as important as their play on the court. That sounds like the kind of team Pop has put together, full of players who know their roles and play to their strengths. The antithesis of Rodman.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    You know what? **** you all. Rodman has a case for being the most influential player of all time. All time draft? Pick him first and win every time. Get educated you ****s.

http://skepticalsports.com/?p=112
    Sarcasm?

No one with Ben Walkace-level offense can make such a case.

He knew his role and played it well...when the teams were good enough (good luck if you're uncool like the mid-90's Spurs though; Rodman will tune you out and write a book about it).

Hakeem demanded far more double teams than he received in that series. It was idiotic coaching. Yes, they won one of the games where Dream dropped 40+, but overall it was an unsound strategy.