Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

Default Re: Quiet Rumblings in Cavs Locker Room

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    it relly iz his fault tho.
    Sure it is.

Cavs are a complete mess. Feels like they're going to implode from all the talk coming out of the locker room lately.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Sucks for Cavs fans to hear this..

im not upset about it. hopefully this can spur on some meaningful change, be it a trade, or whatever.

Agreed, this is actually kind of good news. The Cavs need a complete change. This team isn't going anywhere. They've ****ed up all their picks, these guys aren't going to grow into a contender. They just aren't good enough. They need to shake it up completely.

Banned

From top to bottom, what a garbagecan of an organization, perfectly representative of its city.

Kyrie needs to GTFO out of there, LAL can max him out, come to the promised land uncle drew!

College star

I can't remember who, but an adamant Cavs fan was deliberating on ISH a few weeks ago on how great Kyrie had been for a stretch, and that he was indeed the best point guard in the East.

I just passed over his numbers. He's averaging 22 and 6 on 41.7% from the field. He's a scoring point guard, who isn't scoring much and doing it at a role player efficiency. Now, the chatter of his inability to be a leader is growing, and cited as one of the problems with the underwhelming Cavs. The other problem being Irving's affinity for going ISO ball 70% of the time. Why the **** did fans vote him into the ASG?

The Cavs are the NBA equivalent to the Browns. Just mass dysfunction, a losing environment, and no true direction. You'd think they resided in the same city.

Oh wait....

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    I can't remember who, but an adamant Cavs fan was deliberating on ISH a few weeks ago on how great Kyrie had been for a stretch, and that he was indeed the best point guard in the East.

I just passed over his numbers. He's averaging 22 and 6 on 41.7% from the field. He's a scoring point guard, who isn't scoring much and doing it at a role player efficiency. Now, the chatter of his inability to be a leader is growing, and cited as one of the problems with the underwhelming Cavs. The other problem being Irving's affinity for going ISO ball 70% of the time. Why the **** did fans vote him into the ASG?

The Cavs are the NBA equivalent to the Browns. Just mass dysfunction, a losing environment, and no true direction. You'd think they resided in the same city.

Oh wait....
    Because he's flashy and did a viral video.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves

Oh wait....

No way... The cavs are nowhere near the browns when it comes to ineptitude. The Browns consistently suck because they just have to change coaches every 2 seasons. Zero stability. That is exactly what I don't want to have happen to the cavs.

But this is somewhat devastating news for me as a cavs fan.

I hate to say it, I really do, but one of Dion or Kyrie probably needs to go. I've been a defender of Mike Brown for a long time but if he can't get control of this situation he gets a major part of the blame.

If I were Dan Gilbert i'd be tempted to pull the plug MB and eat that contract. He can't control Kyrie/Dion's ego. The flipside is that you bring in a coach like Lionel Hollins and I don't know if you get any sort of better result; he seems like a much tougher hard-ass of a coach but will that really be a solution to the disfunction? I have no idea.

These are the darkest days in Cavs fandom since the Decision.

rank sentamentalist

deng speaking wisdom there, great quotes. honest and positive.

i'm still hoping this culture problem which clearly isn't a media fabrication like irving wants to portray is really a product of immaturity and inexperience. you either need a strong personality, in a coach or a vet, to overcome that... or you just need time. they were unlucky with a few signings that seemed to go in the right direction during the summer. jack and clark aren't fitting in. bennett looks like he's 15 y/o out there. bynum was obviously fools gold and his quick departure engendered more pessimism. glass half full, call it misfortune/miscalculations on behalf of management and just part of the rebuilding journey.

going into the future, there is still a reasonable core there. irving and thompson show great chemistry. varajao will hopefully do his thing for several more years. zeller keeps getting better. they appear to keep losing which is clearly for the best at this point. a decent pick next year and the right signing, along with them growing as a team... i still have faith that they become a consistent mid-level playoff team down the road.

rank sentamentalist

If I were Dan Gilbert i'd be tempted to pull the plug MB and eat that contract. He can't control Kyrie/Dion's ego. The flipside is that you bring in a coach like Lionel Hollins and I don't know if you get any sort of better result; he seems like a much tougher hard-ass of a coach but will that really be a solution to the disfunction? I have no idea.
    this would be a serious mistake imo. this year has been written off. so whats the point of a major upheaval -- like firing the coach and bringing in their third in under a year? you clearly aren't going to turn the ship around, and you run the serious risk of undermining whatever minor gains have been achieved this year, whether its a slightly more concerted effort on defense, general relationship building, or w/e. stuff like that might be hard to see on the court but whenever a young crew is running together, they're progressing in each of their own individual ways.

perhaps a hardass is what they need in the future. but now isn't the time.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorleone
    Kyrie Irving is the next Gilbert Arenas.
    I'm no arenas fan but he wishes he could be that.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    No way... The cavs are nowhere near the browns when it comes to ineptitude. The Browns consistently suck because they just have to change coaches every 2 seasons. Zero stability. That is exactly what I don't want to have happen to the cavs.

But this is somewhat devastating news for me as a cavs fan.

I hate to say it, I really do, but one of Dion or Kyrie probably needs to go. I've been a defender of Mike Brown for a long time but if he can't get control of this situation he gets a major part of the blame.

I admit my post featured some subtle hyperbole, but I do think that the incohesion that exists within the Browns and Cavs organizations are comparable - but, you're right in saying that the instability at arguably the two most important roles for a team (QB and head coach) is nearly unrivaled in sports. The incompetence of Lombardi is frightening.

I feel for you guys, I really do. Like the anonymous source noted in the OP, although the losing persisted last year, at least the team was having fun and in high spirits, not showing any signs of dysfunction. Now its the polar opposite, and considering the hype the Cavs received from both NBA fans and the media based on their promise and development, it's a hard thing to watch.

Doesn't make much sense. Some posters like RBA have pointed to the team's youth and inexperience, but it still doesn't explain why the core of players that returned from last season are underperforming, both as a unit and as individuals. Add that to the influx of talent they required this off-season, and the fact that they play in the joke that is the Eastern Conference, and it's mind boggling how bad they have been.

I really don't know what the answer is. You can't say hey blow it up because, well, technically they are still on the blow-it-up plan from the Decision debacle. They are amidst a rebuild now, so do they just, re-rebuild? Do they fire their new/old coach? Trade their underwhelming franchise player? Get rid of their coveted piece in Waiters?

To me this is even more dumbfounding than the Nets' struggles. At least most saw their age and subsequent injuries as being a huge flaw that could derail their championship aspirations. With the Cavs, it's inexplicably confusing. Who could have accounted for Irving's numbers consistently worsening each NBA season thusfar, or them being so atrocious defensively despite Brown's pedigree as a defensive wiz?

Troubling times indeed. Part of me, as I'm sure with many, find no issue with the Cavs struggles as it just makes the douche that is Dan Gilbert look even more idiotic. But, the rational side of me knows Gilbert likely plays little role in player personnel, and feels bad for you Cleveland fans who are generally pretty cool cats.

Between the Browns and the Cavs history, how you all remain such committed fans is the 9th wonder of the world.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Most of the Cavs players are pissed off that the Cavs F.O saw 6'8 260 pounds on draft night and thought of Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

yeah, im starting to feel the same way. personally, i like dion more than kyrie. hes just a lot tougher, but kyrie is on another level, talent wise. so i think we have to hold onto kyrie, and assuming he signs the 4 year extension, we are able to turn things around in those 4 years, and build something close to a contender around him.

if we could move dion, maybe package him with some of your extra picks, and get a first rounder this year, tank this year, and add some young talent to the roster, ideally at center (andy isnt gonna be around forever) or small forward (deng is gone if these reports are correct).

the the big problem with the roster is that while its a young team, the ceiling still seems fairly low. i love tristan, but he's never gonna be an all-star. zeller has made some big strides this year, but again, his ceiling is still as a solid starter, nothing more.

and ontop of the low ceiling of this young crop of players, they obviously lack maturity.

thats a pretty awful combination

im hoping a trade comes soon to shake things up

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    going into the future, there is still a reasonable core there. irving and thompson show great chemistry. varajao will hopefully do his thing for several more years. zeller keeps getting better. they appear to keep losing which is clearly for the best at this point. a decent pick next year and the right signing, along with them growing as a team... i still have faith that they become a consistent mid-level playoff team down the road.
    really? i dont see it. one of the areas that tristan has dissapointed is that he still hasnt really developed into much of a threat out of the pick and roll. he has that signature push shot, but if your roll man is shooting the majority of his shots from outside the rim, he's just not going to be effective.

hes gotten stronger at finishing at the rim, but thats really just on offensive put backs. he still looks out of control catching the ball on the move, and having to make a quick decision.