Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Report: Cavaliers offering Shumpert, and Mozgov in deals to shore up bench

then JR smith will decline because he would have lost his boy shump. and when players get traded it can **** up the whole team, give it a crack this year got a good chance

Default Re: Report: Cavaliers offering Shumpert, and Mozgov in deals to shore up bench

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    Posts lose credibility when they are born from hatred and dislike; they demonstrate a total lack of basketball IQ. People write things like the above nonsense on this stupid website, press send, and act like people are going to read it, and say, "You know, he (or she) makes some good points."

People know LeBron REALLY well; nearly every one of his games is on TV. People outside of CLE see him a lot. That makes people mad and they look for every single thing that he does wrong. If you closed your eyes and someone asked you to think about a player who is likely to end up the league's all-time leading scorer, has 40 career triple doubles, has been to six straight finals, league MVP's, etc., blah, blah, blah - what would you say? Did you watch Oscar Robertson a lot? Do you know all of his flaws? How about Jordan? Are you old enough to remember how he couldn't shoot when he got to the league? It was ugly! How about Jabaar's whiny behavior and lack of foot speed? Magic's jump shot? I'm mentioning all of these guys because he's passing all of these guys in nearly every category. Their greatness comes from "what they accomplished" in the league. Don't act like you know whether or not they were a good teammate/good person, etc. - calling BS on that. You know what the media reports. LeBron is flawed, but comments like Can't shoot, can't finish through contact, can't defend... It makes you look stupid when you're trying to say something important.

Stop acting like you know him and his game. You watch him, hate him, and find flaw EVERY time he makes a mistake. I know you don't cheer when he does something amazing. Did you applaud when he took Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovic and Zydrunas Ilgauskas to the NBA Finals? Or couldn't he do anything there either?

Grow up and make comments that make some sense. LeBron can't finish - please. LeBron can't defend - please.

"No regard for human life". He finished there.

34-24 footwork aka Straight_ Ballin ......just got ruined.

Shump did a good job last season defending the splash bros. Can't ditch him because of a slump.

College superstar

It's insane to me how a player like Shumpert in the next two years will be paid as much as Matt Barnes for his entire career (past 12 years).

Matt Barnes is a better shooter, rebounder, scorer. He's an extremely versatile and effective defender that can defend 2-4's. Defensively, he's right there with Shumpert, with Shumpert having the higher ceiling on defense than Barnes.

I'm not sure if this is because Barnes has a horrible agent or because of his "attitude problems". I'd much rather pay Matt $2-3m/yr than Shumpert $10m/year.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    It's insane to me how a player like Shumpert in the next two years will be paid as much as Matt Barnes for his entire career (past 12 years).

Matt Barnes is a better shooter, rebounder, scorer. He's an extremely versatile and effective defender that can defend 2-4's. Defensively, he's right there with Shumpert, with Shumpert having the higher ceiling on defense than Barnes.

I'm not sure if this is because Barnes has a horrible agent or because of his "attitude problems". I'd much rather pay Matt $2-3m/yr than Shumpert $10m/year.

Barnes is literally on a new team every year. There is a reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    Posts lose credibility when they are born from hatred and dislike; they demonstrate a total lack of basketball IQ. People write things like the above nonsense on this stupid website, press send, and act like people are going to read it, and say, "You know, he (or she) makes some good points."

People know LeBron REALLY well; nearly every one of his games is on TV. People outside of CLE see him a lot. That makes people mad and they look for every single thing that he does wrong. If you closed your eyes and someone asked you to think about a player who is likely to end up the league's all-time leading scorer, has 40 career triple doubles, has been to six straight finals, league MVP's, etc., blah, blah, blah - what would you say? Did you watch Oscar Robertson a lot? Do you know all of his flaws? How about Jordan? Are you old enough to remember how he couldn't shoot when he got to the league? It was ugly! How about Jabaar's whiny behavior and lack of foot speed? Magic's jump shot? I'm mentioning all of these guys because he's passing all of these guys in nearly every category. Their greatness comes from "what they accomplished" in the league. Don't act like you know whether or not they were a good teammate/good person, etc. - calling BS on that. You know what the media reports. LeBron is flawed, but comments like Can't shoot, can't finish through contact, can't defend... It makes you look stupid when you're trying to say something important.

Stop acting like you know him and his game. You watch him, hate him, and find flaw EVERY time he makes a mistake. I know you don't cheer when he does something amazing. Did you applaud when he took Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovic and Zydrunas Ilgauskas to the NBA Finals? Or couldn't he do anything there either?

Grow up and make comments that make some sense. LeBron can't finish - please. LeBron can't defend - please.

"No regard for human life". He finished there.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Barnes is literally on a new team every year. There is a reason for that.
    Matt Barnes might be an idiot, but he's an idiot you want on your team. I loved him as a Laker and couldn't understand why we let him go. He never caused any problems for us.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Matt Barnes might be an idiot, but he's an idiot you want on your team. I loved him as a Laker and couldn't understand why we let him go. He never caused any problems for us.
    I never really liked Barnes as a laker, not that he was a bad player, but his shooting was just too inconsistent for me. Still a solid player off the bench that can help your team, but if you have him as a starter you have problems.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Shump is 25 and received a contract just as the players were on the brink of getting a new, humongous CBA agreement that include television rights. Get used to these kinds of figures, because in a couple years, a $10 million contract will be comparable to what a $2 million was in 2012.

Barnes would have gotten a lot more money if he were 25 and not an old bat.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

Why would Cavs make a move when the team is just coming together? Yeah lets **** up the chemistry. Just BS journalist making a dumb rumors like they do every year for the Cavs hoping they come true.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    The delusion is REAL. Kobe is a fumbling ballhandler/ballhog that can't play pick and roll. All his assists come when you double team him and he kicks it out to 3 point shooters. He's incapable of driving and dishing.

He can't shoot
    He can't make freethrows
    He can't finish through contact
    He's a liability on the on the defensive end

Lakers have REAL guards who've been playing PG/SG their whole lives who know how to penetrate and dish.
    Yeah. Should've let Shaq handle shit in '04, instead of costing the Lakers and Shaq a ring. Top 12 gonna top 12 though.

IMO, should be ~17 at best. Can't shoot, can't pass, low IQ etc. Chuckbe is a blackhole.