Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Cavaliers offering Shumpert, and Mozgov in deals to shore up bench

Btw, if we traded Shump for Ben McLemore, I might jump off the 480 Bridge.

Default Re: Report: Cavaliers offering Shumpert, and Mozgov in deals to shore up bench

Shump is not someone you judge based on his stats. He is still a potential lockdown guy that would prove himself on that end every playoff.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Mclemore is honestly one of the worst players in the league

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    You won't. You said you wouldn't watch the Cavs anymore if LeBron came back or wouldn't be a NBA fan anymore. And here we are.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    You won't. You said you wouldn't watch the Cavs anymore if LeBron came back or wouldn't be a NBA fan anymore. And here we are.
    Still that is a terrible trade for Cavs.. Ariza is one thing Ben Mclemore is another.

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    Just trade Love already he is obviously the odd one out in his playstyle so get rid of him so the team chemistry and defensive minded mentality can flourish.
    I agree. Love just doesn't seem to be fitting in with the team right now. Plus if they're serious about adding some quality players, they can definitely get a lot more in return for Love.

No way. Cavs haven't made any stupid trade since Lebron's return.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

All these reports coming out saying the Cavs want Korver really bad and now they are looking to move Shumpert tells me they want to desperately upgrade their 3 point shooting so they can compete with the Warriors if a rematch does happen.

Shump has always been a below average 3 point shooter, but his defense is too valuable for the Cavs to dismiss. To me it would be suicide to trade Shump. I can't see Irving and J.R. Smith putting up much of a battle on defense against the splash brothers. One of the reasons why Curry got off to a slow start & Thompson was off the whole series in the Finals was because of Delly & Shump.

If you somehow trade Shump and get back a guy like Korver, it will improve your shooting, but your defense is going to suffer.

I don't even know if it's a good idea trading Mozgov, I know he has sucked this year, but last season he was a great rim protector, trade him and the Cavs have no true big out there and teams will score easier in the paint.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

I'd rather the cavs hang on to shump. I have 100x the trust of him on the court rather than Ben Mclemore. Shump's defense will be needed come playoff time.

Didn't they just extend Shumpert?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    I'd rather the cavs hang on to shump. I have 100x the trust of him on the court rather than Ben Mclemore. Shump's defense will be needed come playoff time.
    There's no way Cavs consider trading Shump for Maclemore, they are probably considering him for Korver, even that, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Didn't they just extend Shumpert?
    No, they resigned, 4 years $40 million.

It would be a huge mistake to trade Shump unless we're getting a relatively young elite defensive wing back in return. A regular season shooting slump doesn't minimize the impact that he has on the other end, especially in the playoffs when he can matchup with the opponent's best offensive player and allow our best guys to take the second or third best player in the backcourt.

He did it last year with Isaiah Thomas, Kyle Korver and Klay Thompson. I don't think we make The Finals without his defensive intensity.

Mozgov has made himself expendable with his awful play so far this season. Shump is still very valuable to this team.

I totally agree. I don't wanna lose Shump either. Mozgov's down season is very noticeable whereas, I have not noticed much of a down play in Shumpert. I know the numbers don't lie but all I have really noticed is his offensive game has slowed down a little. It seemed like last year, the deeper we got in the playoffs, the better offensive he provided. I have not noticed his defense taking a hit though and we got him for his defense in the first place. idk if I would even trade him for Korver straight up.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Here we go again.

You don't like me. I know it. You know it. Most people who've been around long enough know it.

I am prone to hyperbole every now and then. You don't have to attempt to gain superiority over me every time it happens with the same old stuff.

You're also free to completely ignore all of my posts, because you clearly don't value my opinion much. I'm fine with that.

For the record, I won't really jump off the 480 Bridge. I... wouldn't agree with the decision. Is that better?

Cavs's 3pt shooters have been really inconsistent this year and when they don't hit them, their offense really stops. Love, Lebron and Irving have all been below the mark from the 3pt line this year. Shumpert is not a good 3pt shooter. Sometimes JR can't miss, other times, he can't hit anything. That's why they are chasing Korver so bad.