Clarkson
    Kobe
    ???
    Cousins
    WCS

Default Re: Can't wait till Cousins is a Laker

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    If the rumour of Randle, Clarkson AND the 2nd is true that's too much imo

That is what I said and people told me I was ****ing nuts for not thinking that the Lakers would decimate all with Cousins and the corpse of Kobe Bryant.

I think L.A. is better off developing their young talent and then adding a big time free agent down the road rather than blowing up their roster and potentially being left with just Cousins next season if Kobe retires.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    goat trade would be

Lakers
    - Jordan Hill
    - Julius Randle

Kings
    - DeMarcus Cousins

Lakers then draft WCS

Clarkson
    Kobe
    ???
    Cousins
    WCS

****ing LOL, Kings aren't giving up Cousins AND a lottery pick.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    That is why the trade wouldn't make sense to me but that is certainly the asking price for a dominant, top of the NBA player just entering his prime. The Kings will demand all that they can get and if the Lakers are desperate enough, they'll give it to them.

At minimum I don't see the deal going down without both Randle and the #2 pick included.
    I'm totally against the move either way. Even if we land Cousins, we essentially gutting our entire Team for one player.

Who the hell will wanna come play with Cousins in LA that couldn't have in SAC? Seems like we're doing The Kings a favor for nothing.

That is what I said and people told me I was ****ing nuts for not thinking that the Lakers would decimate all with Cousins and the corpse of Kobe Bryant.

I think L.A. is better off developing their young talent and then adding a big time free agent down the road rather than blowing up their roster and potentially being left with just Cousins next season if Kobe retires.
    Realistically, its probably something like Randle + #2 + Filler (Young)

If the Lakers somehow get Cousins AND their pick, thats a madddd steal for us but it shouldnt happen.... but its the kings lol

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    If the rumour of Randle, Clarkson AND the 2nd is true that's too much imo

It's going to be that much.. Cousins may want to go to the lakers but Kings don't have to trade him there.. And on the open market Kings will get a lot of big offers for cousins.. Adding that he still has 3 years left on his contract it's not like another team is trading to rent him.. They have significant time to make him happy

It's going to take Randle, pick 2 and Clarkson to get him and that's going to be the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Not with his questionable attitude and the fact that he still can't impact his team's w/l column. Kings had some talent. Gay, Collison, Mclemore. I would be pissed if we did this trade.
    lol all of those players may have talent but they have low IQ's to go with it, making them scrubs.

I don't really see a low IQ in Cousins up to this point, just immaturity if anything, but not in the same way it was with Dwight, who quite simply wasn't a competitor.

Averaging 24/13 on 34 minutes a game ain't no joke.

If we could somehow get Cousins and #6, I'd part with anyone to make it happen. Get Cousins and WCS to start at the 4 and 5 for the next decade, free agents would flock here like nobodies business.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    I'm totally against the move either way. Even if we land Cousins, we essentially gutting our entire Team for one player.

Who the hell will wanna come play with Cousins in LA that couldn't have in SAC? Seems like we're doing The Kings a favor for nothing.

I feel this way too. Kings trade Cousins, yeah he's one of the best in the NBA but all of a sudden Sacramento drafts Russell and WCS to go along with Randle and Gay and they've suddenly got a top notch nucleus of young players.

I think a lot of people on here forget that, whenever the Lakers are relevant, there isn't a more attractive free agent destination in the league.

yeah, losing Randle and Clarkson would suck, but once Kobe's contract is off the books we could basically get whoever the hell we wanted in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld

If we could somehow get Cousins and #6, I'd part with anyone to make it happen. Get Cousins and WCS to start at the 4 and 5 for the next decade, free agents would flock here like nobodies business.

Its not happening. The Lakers assets are pretty much the #2 pick, Randle and Clarkson.

The Kings would be trading one of the top players in the NBA for Randle, Clarkson and moving up 4 spots in the draft, to me that seems like a complete non-starter and I can't think of anyone else that LA has that the Kings would actually even want.

****ing LOL, Kings aren't giving up Cousins AND a lottery pick.
    imo #2 and Jordan Hill is worth enough for Cousins. He's a malcontent who hasn't proven to be a winner, who the coaching staff doesn't want.

Randle was the 7th pick in the lottery last year and if he played last year and wasn't injured he would be worth more than the 6th pick in this years draft.

if the Kings do trade Cousins I suspect it will just be for the 2nd pick and some filler like Young or Hill.

lakers should keep clarkson

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

goat trade would be

Lakers
    - Jordan Hill
    - Julius Randle

Kings
    - DeMarcus Cousins

Lakers then draft WCS

Clarkson
    Kobe
    ???
    Cousins
    WCS
    You can't get cousins and 6.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

I feel this way too. Kings trade Cousins, yeah he's one of the best in the NBA but all of a sudden Sacramento drafts Russell and WCS to go along with Randle and Gay and they've suddenly got a top notch nucleus of young players.
    We'd essentially be trading their situation for ours.

I'm surprised more people can't see it. If I was The Lakers it's either straight up for the second pick + filler, or get lost.

Why would you trade all your assets/ a potential young core for one player not named Durant, Lebron or Anthony Davis? Because you don't.

goat trade would be

Lakers
    - Jordan Hill
    - Julius Randle

Kings
    - DeMarcus Cousins

Lakers then draft WCS

Clarkson
    Kobe
    ???