Default Is it time to have non guaranteed contracts.

Mark Cuban actually brought up this idea several months back..
    Bosh is probably a great guy, unfortunately, he is kind of holding Miami hostage by not knowing if he is ever going to play. In the meantime, Riley has to keep his payroll and salary cap in check while trying to keep his team competetive.
    I think of Rose 4-5 years ago, when his own doctor cleared him to play and yet he refused to help his team. Chicago didn't have any other cap money to get another good player to help them.
    or Boozer at Utah
    Same with TMac and Yao at Houston
    or Marbury at New York.
    Some players have legit health issues, but some have taken their sweet long time to choose to play again after the "injury".
    I am not saying you simply don't pay them at all if they get injured, but what about they get 60% of their salary if they can't play more than 50% of the games? Are they gonna die of starvation if they get 10 mil instead of 20 mil?
    I know you tow the line bec some would force themselves to play even if they are not fully recovered bec of the $....
    Then you also have those bust players who turned out to be unproductive.
    Anthony Bennet and other college players.
    Roy Hibbert at Indiana.
    Or Jeff Green who always show promise then....

Default Re: Is it time to have non guaranteed contracts.

Gilbert Arenas says no

Default Re: Is it time to have non guaranteed contracts.

Teams can already offer contracts with team options, which is essentially a non-gauranteed contract. I remember the Suns offered Amare Stoudemire a 5 year deal with progressively reduced guaranteed money. I believe the 4th year was 50% guaranteed and the 5th year was 25% guaranteed. Ultimately Amare took the full guarantee in NYC.