Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Greece Is Coming To 2012 Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    If he means the overall level is the best, he may be right. Obviously USA is the best team, and Argentina's great too, but there's a lot of teams from around the world that bring the level down.
    It's the same as in soccer, the European championship's got a better overall level, due to not having some Asian or African teams that aren't as good as some European or American teams that don't qualify.

But I really doubt this was what Lakas meant.
    The Americas are pretty close with USA, Argentina, Brazil, Puerto Rico and Dom Rep., but it

Deron Williams is a clear cut candidate for best player in Europe, but how can you give him the award when he's not gonna play against the best teams and players?
    Imagine this situation: the NBA teams only play against teams of their own division before the playoffs. Would you say a player averaging the best stats in the league in a shitty division is the best? I bet you'd like to see him against better teams, right?
    Exactly. These NBA only fans are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Get back to me when Anthony Parker wins back-to-back MVP's in the NBA, like he did in the Euroleague. The only player in Euroleague history to win back-to-back MVPs.
    Wow an award that existed since 2005................and you use the word "history"

Quote Originally Posted by Vienceslav
    Eurobasket = hardest internation tournament?
    You just went full retard.
    1. EuroBasket

It is the best and hardest competition. This is common and basic basketball knowledge 101.

If he means the overall level is the best, he may be right. Obviously USA is the best team, and Argentina's great too, but there's a lot of teams from around the world that bring the level down.
    It's the same as in soccer, the European championship's got a better overall level, due to not having some Asian or African teams that aren't as good as some European or American teams that don't qualify.

But I really doubt this was what Lakas meant.
    EuroBasket is way harder than the Olympics, where you have 3 games that are 30-40 point blowouts right on your group stage schedule.

Americans are totally delusional in how they think the Olympics is as hard a competition as the EuroBasket.

Slovenia, Serbia, Turkey, Germany teams like that could not even make it past top 7 finish at EuroBasket. It is way harder a tournament than the Olympics, which is just totally overrated because Americans and NBA fans just hype it up like they do anything they think is NBA related.

[QUOTE=R.I.P.]The Americas are pretty close with USA, Argentina, Brazil, Puerto Rico and Dom Rep., but it

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    EuroBasket is way harder than the Olympics, where you have 3 games that are 30-40 point blowouts right on your group stage schedule.

Americans are totally delusional in how they think the Olympics is as hard a competition as the EuroBasket.

Slovenia, Serbia, Turkey, Germany teams like that could not even make it past top 7 finish at EuroBasket. It is way harder a tournament than the Olympics, which is just totally overrated because Americans and NBA fans just hype it up like they do anything they think is NBA related.
    Remember when you said it was the World Championships that were the most important and had the highest amount of competition. I recall you saying that Americans could never win it because everyone else viewed this as the most important tournament. But then the Americans won with their B/C team and now it becomes EuroBasket that is the toughest?

Quote Originally Posted by Positive
    Remember when you said it was the World Championships that were the most important and had the highest amount of competition. I recall you saying that Americans could never win it because everyone else viewed this as the most important tournament. But then the Americans won with their B/C team and now it becomes EuroBasket that is the toughest?

I never said World Championship was harder than EuroBasket. I said it was harder than Olympics.

World Championship is harder to win than Olympics because pretty much all the best teams are there. In the Olympics only a small amount are there.

So World Championship is harder than the Olympics, as they both have also really weak teams as well. EuroBasket is another story.

There is no USA but other than that the tournament is a freaking war. It is by far the most difficult and hardest competition and ask any player that played in all 3 and they say the same thing. That EuroBasket is way more tougher of a tournament than Olympics and World Championship.

These are just simply facts of international basketball. Olympics is the #3 tournament in terms of the level of the competition. It is #1 in terms of hype because it is the Olympics and because of NBA marketing.

EuroBasket is an extremely hard tournament. Spain has 2 wins in their entire history and just would have 3 if they beat France. France as far as I remember I don't even think they ever won it at all.

Of course according to American NBA fans - they probably think they each have like 15 gold medals at EuroBasket due to "all those NBA players".

And really, this is just exaggerated now. Because in the past, Argentina was a power so the Olympics at least had them also. But today, Argentina is a worse team than a whole bunch of European teams that did not even qualify.

So the disparity in the EuroBasket and Olympics is even widening.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-18-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Banned

timofey mosgov Goat big man

Dunking on everybody in the park

I never said World Championship was harder than EuroBasket. I said it was harder than Olympics.

World Championship is harder to win than Olympics because pretty much all the best teams are there. In the Olympics only a small amount are there.

So World Championship is harder than the Olympics, as they both have also really weak teams as well. EuroBasket is another story.

There is no USA but other than that the tournament is a freaking war. It is by far the most difficult and hardest competition and ask any player that played in all 3 and they say the same thing. That EuroBasket is way more tougher of a tournament than Olympics and World Championship.

These are just simply facts of international basketball. Olympics is the #3 tournament in terms of the level of the competition. It is #1 in terms of hype because it is the Olympics and because of NBA marketing.

EuroBasket is an extremely hard tournament. Spain has 2 wins in their entire history and just would have 3 if they beat France. France as far as I remember I don't even think they ever won it at all.

Of course according to American NBA fans - they probably think they each have like 15 gold medals at EuroBasket due to "all those NBA players".

And really, this is just exaggerated now. Because in the past, Argentina was a power so the Olympics at least had them also. But today, Argentina is a worse team than a whole bunch of European teams that did not even qualify.

So the disparity in the EuroBasket and Olympics is even widening.
    So you're saying that since EuroBasket is missing some bad teams, it makes it a better competition than one that includes all of the best teams? It might be more competitive on a game to game basis but the other tournaments probably have a higher level of competition overall.

PS: Argentina and Brazil are much better than 90% of the teams in EuroBasket.

Greece qualified to the 2012 Olympics Qualification Tournament. They made it through the hardest tournament to qualify through by far (FIBA EuroBasket).

They also beat Serbia (2nd at FIBA EuroBasket 2009, 4th At 2010 FIBA World Championship - despite the refs being against them) to qualify.

Greece will now qualify through the 2012 Olympics Qualification Tournament next summer and will be at the Olympics Basketball Tournament for the third straight time (2004, 2008, 2012).

Greece did this, despite only having their C national team at 2011 EuroBasket.

Now, for the 2012 Olympics, Greece will return such A national team players as Sofoklis Schortsanitis, Vassilis Spanoulis, Panos Vasilopoulos, and Georgios Printezis, as they have all committed for the 2012 Olympics.

Possibly, other A team players such as Loukas Mavrokefalidis, Theo Papaloukas, and Dimitris Diamantidis will also play. As their statements were that they will consider playing at the Olympics (after they have been criticized extremely hard throughout Greece over their terrible recent behavior). Mavrokefalidis was even suspended from Russian League and there has been talk of Diamantidis also being suspended from Greek League. So now they are "reconsidering".

So................................................ ............

Greece will be there with probably about 8-9 of its best players at the 2012 Olympics.

GET READY TEAM USA. Because Greece is coming.

Great call.

Tremendous jinx.

Saw a basketball once EsnareYourHeart's Avatar

Lithuania, Nigeria and Russia advance to London now~

Group A: Lithuania, Tunisia, USA, France, Nigeria, Argentina

Group B: China, Great Britain, Brazil, Australia, Russia, Spain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrAkWhmBoF8&t=7m59s

Get that weak shit out of here! - Derrick Obasohan