Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #31
MVBallin2K
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 731
Default Re: Lakers, Raptors, Wizards 3-Team Trade Scenario

I'd rather have Wall than Lowry. Not like the Wizards front office have shown themselves to be the smartest of the bunch so I'm sure Mitch could smooth talk them into it.

Someone said that Wall is overrated but are you telling me that even if you think that's the case (I don't) that he's not better than our point guards now? I like Steve Blake but the youth of Wall coupled with his speed is D'Antoni's dream come true if he can remain alright with his jumper and his passing ability is there.
MVBallin2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #32
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,067
Default Re: Lakers, Raptors, Wizards 3-Team Trade Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBallin2K
I'd rather have Wall than Lowry. Not like the Wizards front office have shown themselves to be the smartest of the bunch so I'm sure Mitch could smooth talk them into it.

Someone said that Wall is overrated but are you telling me that even if you think that's the case (I don't) that he's not better than our point guards now? I like Steve Blake but the youth of Wall coupled with his speed is D'Antoni's dream come true if he can remain alright with his jumper and his passing ability is there.

Wizards are not trading Wall. Lay down the pipe brother. Not that the Lakers would want him. He wouldn't fit next to Kobe. He's a scoring PG. Lowry is a true playmaker, gritty defense and actually wins you games. Just the perfect PG for the Lakers.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #33
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,067
Default Re: Lakers, Raptors, Wizards 3-Team Trade Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Ariza needs to come back to the Lakers with Kobe. That chemistry.


The original TA
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #34
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,067
Default Re: Lakers, Raptors, Wizards 3-Team Trade Scenario

Anyone been following Kyle Lowry this year? How has he been playing? Is his gritty defense and playmaking still top notch?
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #35
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!
 
Levity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: long beach bred
Posts: 3,841
Default Re: Lakers, Raptors, Wizards 3-Team Trade Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Anyone been following Kyle Lowry this year? How has he been playing? Is his gritty defense and playmaking still top notch?

hes been great, especially since the rudy gay trade. i think averaging something like 20/7/4 boards a game post trade.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #36
Legends66NBA7
Dinosaurs live again
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,360
Default Re: Lakers, Raptors, Wizards 3-Team Trade Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Anyone been following Kyle Lowry this year? How has he been playing? Is his gritty defense and playmaking still top notch?

He's playing his best basketball right now. His defense isn't good, though. Is playmaking is decent.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #37
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,067
Default Re: Lakers, Raptors, Wizards 3-Team Trade Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
He's playing his best basketball right now. His defense isn't good, though. Is playmaking is decent.

Could you get into more detail on his defense? A big reason why I've liked him in the past is his ability to stay in front of quick and crafty point guards like Westbrook and Cp3.

Has he lost that big of a step defensively?
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #38
Legends66NBA7
Dinosaurs live again
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,360
Default Re: Lakers, Raptors, Wizards 3-Team Trade Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Could you get into more detail on his defense? A big reason why I've liked him in the past is his ability to stay in front of quick and crafty point guards like Westbrook and Cp3.

Has he lost that big of a step defensively?

As of right now, opposing players are hitting at least 45.2% of their shots over Kyle. I observe that he's late when he closes out on shooters and is a bad pick and roll defender.

He's also let players go off on him. Lin, Conley, Lillard, and even Westbrook. Just because he can stay in front of him at times, doesn't mean he stop them. He does set good charges and get steals, but overall his defense is bad this year.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #39
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,067
Default Re: Lakers, Raptors, Wizards 3-Team Trade Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
As of right now, opposing players are hitting at least 45.2% of their shots over Kyle. I observe that he's late when he closes out on shooters and is a bad pick and roll defender.

He's also let players go off on him. Lin, Conley, Lillard, and even Westbrook. Just because he can stay in front of him at times, doesn't mean he stop them. He does set good charges and get steals, but overall his defense is bad this year.

BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #40
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,067
Default Re: Lakers, Raptors, Wizards 3-Team Trade Scenario

Get it done Mitch!
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #41
Phenith
NBA Junkie!
 
Phenith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Guelph
Posts: 1,306
Default Re: Lakers, Raptors, Wizards 3-Team Trade Scenario

To me it looks like the Lakers trading away their garbage for a solid PG and a serviceable starting SF. Nobody wants Nash at this point, yes, he is Canadian, but he's almost 40 and acquiring him would be all about novelty value at this point.

I'm not opposed to trading Lowry at all, but i'm sure we can do better. Why not try to grab a young guy and a late pick from OKC, Lowry could easily play beside Westbrick when he comes back.

Last edited by Phenith : 12-27-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy