Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: Dragic re-signs with Heat (5yr-90m) (STEINLINE)

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    there's a difference in wanting to replace and settling for a replacement...hard to understand to the likes of you, we know
    You do know that the Heat don't have to "settle", right? Probably too complicated a concept for the likes of you, Riley/LeBron nut rider.

That is what Kawhi gets

Quote Originally Posted by ShackEelOKneel
    That is what Kawhi gets
    Yep. The Spurs have one of the GOAT FO's though. Should've given him $48M/3yrs, IMO. If he doesn't sign, tank next season. Get another top 10 draft pick and head into FA with Bosh/Whiteside/Justise as the core.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: BREAKING: Dragic resigns with Heat (5yr-90m) (STEINLINE)

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Great news for Heat/Wade fans...cap is also going to be roughly 2 million higher than expected.

Should have enough room to front load Wade and still chase Durant next season.
    Meh...I like Dragic, but he isn't even worth this much. It's funny how everyone says how Wade is slowing down, but watching the Heat with Dragic I couldn't help thinking how much more athletic Wade NOW was than Dragic. Obviously athleticism isn't everything, but it's telling. Dragic isn't some young buck either...he's already 29. That made me laugh that the 5th year was a player option because Dragic at 34 is really going to leave all that money on the table at that point in his career. Wade wants 3 more years and he'll be better than Dragic in those 3 years, but the Heat want to continue to treat him like an asshole and not respect him and pay him his due? He's taken a pay cut for 5 seasons now...synonymous with the Miami Heat franchise yet never been their highest paid player...wtf? I'd be upset too if I was Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 1 minute ago
    Heat would appear to have no realistic way to bring back Wade and duck tax. Look for them to work hard to dump mid-sized contracts.

they're looking to move Bird and Rio's contracts...was even talking about dumping the #10 pick and McBob the night of the draft. luckily they didn't or we lose out on Justise

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    You do know that the Heat don't have to "settle", right? Probably too complicated a concept for the likes of you, Riley/LeBron nut rider.

well they do if they want to chase KD next season and re-up Whiteside...so it is more complicated than just gifting Wade his dues, as you would like.

well they do if they want to chase KD next season and re-up Whiteside...so it is more complicated than just gifting Wade his dues, as you would like.
    I'm done trying to explain stuff to you. Have a good day, kid.

I'm done trying to explain stuff to you. Have a good day, kid.
    your idea of explaining have been lies after lies, oh wait...mistaken info, as you like to call it.

thanks and good day, sir!

your idea of explaining have been lies after lies, oh wait...mistaken info, as you like to call it.

thanks and good day, sir!
    PM me your address. I ship an "English for Dummies" or "English for Kindergartners" to your place. Since you can't seem to grasp basic English and have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old. Oh, and "Math for Dummies" as well.
    Last edited by aj1987; 07-01-2015 at 11:04 AM.

wow... 5yrs 90mil.. so it's 18mil a year?
    he worth that much????

PM me your address. I ship an "English for Dummies" to your place.
    so first you're done trying to explain things...then want my address to provide me something that further explains things? just another one of your lies...wait, "being mistaken" as you say

hahahaha...then you edit and explain yourself even more. such a loser

NBA rookie of the year

He's a top 10 point guard, who was all NBA third team and the most improved player in the league when he was featured, and given a high usage. Yes he's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    He's a top 10 point guard, who was all NBA third team and the most improved player in the league when he was featured, and given a high usage. Yes he's worth it.
    yup...he was getting more on the open market anyways, surely a team would have given him the max, but the Heat got him discounted.

Rile's gets another one to bite for the betterment of the team

wish they did this with Bosh...Houston offered like $80m/4yrs, Riley should have just said we'll match at $100/5yrs. not gift him an extra $20m then the Wade predicament is non-existent

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Meh...I like Dragic, but he isn't even worth this much. It's funny how everyone says how Wade is slowing down, but watching the Heat with Dragic I couldn't help thinking how much more athletic Wade NOW was than Dragic. Obviously athleticism isn't everything, but it's telling. Dragic isn't some young buck either...he's already 29. That made me laugh that the 5th year was a player option because Dragic at 34 is really going to leave all that money on the table at that point in his career. Wade wants 3 more years and he'll be better than Dragic in those 3 years, but the Heat want to continue to treat him like an asshole and not respect him and pay him his due? He's taken a pay cut for 5 seasons now...synonymous with the Miami Heat franchise yet never been their highest paid player...wtf? I'd be upset too if I was Wade.

Dragic is definitely worth that much with where the cap is going over the duration of his contract.

At this current cap, it's borderline...I'd probably say he's nor worth it under normal circumstances.

These aren't normal circumstances though...at all. Given the increases coming...he's absolutely worth that. And with Bosh locked in...you really have no other way to improve the team.

You had to pay Dragic...and him taking less than his full max combined with the extra 2 million in the cap increase this year really help the Heat potentially make this all work.

Hassan Whiteside
    @youngwhiteside

Congrats @Goran_Dragic on new deal welcome back to the family and let me borrow 5 dollars �� lol

He's making less than a mill... no wonder he needs some cash!