Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Stein: Bucks and Khris Middleton closing in on five-year, $70 million deal

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...llion-contract
    Marc Stein
    ‏@ESPNSteinLine

ESPN sources say Milwaukee and Khris Middleton are closing in on five-year, $70 million deal

3:00 AM - 1 Jul 2015

Default Re: Stein: Bucks and Khris Middleton closing in on five-year, $70 million deal

What theeee ****. That's almost James Harden money, and people were complaining about Klay's extension earlier in the season.

Default Re: Stein: Bucks and Khris Middleton closing in on five-year, $70 million deal

Someone needs to throw a MAX at Middleton

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    What theeee ****. That's almost James Harden money, and people were complaining about Klay's extension earlier in the season.

Cap went up.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Someone needs to throw a MAX at Middleton
    Isn't he a RFA ? Bucks can match anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Isn't he a RFA ? Bucks can match anything.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Imtheman
    Cap went up.

I understand, but that doesn't mean role players should be getting this kind of money. The cap went up to 67m (possibly 69m) for this following season, and then will shoot up to about 90m after that...But damn. 13ppg on the bucks gets you this kind of money?

I understand, but that doesn't mean role players should be getting this kind of money. The cap went up to 67m (possibly 69m) for this following season, and then will shoot up to about 90m after that...But damn. 13ppg on the bucks gets you this kind of money?
    Hes young, good two-way player hes worth the money hes getting

He's not a role player. He was arguably the best player on the team, and once that retard Knight was traded and Mids got a bigger role in the offense he put up 17/4/4 on 46/39/88 shooting with great defense over his last 30. His overall career stats and full season stats are irrelevant to me because he's taken huge jumps year-to-year and especially once Knight was traded. And he's 23, not even in his prime. In a couple years he could very well be a fringe all-star in the East. Under the new cap, that at 14 mil a year is an absolute steal.

Hes young, good two-way player hes worth the money hes getting
    [B][U]a

Well hey, if Bucks fans are happy. Hopefully he doesn't just sit on this money now, because that's a lot of ****ing money I liked him in the playoffs for sure, I was hoping the Lakers might have made an offer (irrelevant because RFA) but I didn't expect the starting offer from the Bucks to be this high. You're probably right though, 14m for him leaves you like 76m for the rest of your starters and main bench players, plus whatever they set the hardcap.
    Yeah that's my biggest concern, after the Sanders fiasco we really need Mids to earn his contract

The new cap is ridiculous, iirc in 2017-18 it will be ~108mil.. So his 14 mil that season would be the equivalent of 8.1 mil this past season. Most of these seemingly big deals are gonna look pretty insignificant in a couple years.

[QUOTE=Bosnian Sajo][B][U]a

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Yeah that's my biggest concern, after the Sanders fiasco we really need Mids to earn his contract

The new cap is ridiculous, iirc in 2017-18 it will be ~108mil.. So his 14 mil that season would be the equivalent of 8.1 mil this past season. Most of these seemingly big deals are gonna look pretty insignificant in a couple years.
    I was gonna add that in my post but I thought nah, not the same situation, that nigqa was Wiz Khalifa high

I didn't know the cap will go up that high, wtf? Insane. But you gotta remember...some players can command 30% of the cap, meaning there will be players with contracts starting at 36m if the cap is 108m. Salaries add up, quick.

I was gonna add that in my post but I thought nah, not the same situation, that nigqa was Wiz Khalifa high

I didn't know the cap will go up that high, wtf? Insane. But you gotta remember...some players can command 30% of the cap, meaning there will be players with contracts starting at 36m if the cap is 108m. Salaries add up, quick.
    Middleton is worth that contract given the circumstances

Middleton is worth that contract given the circumstances

What happened to "get off my nuts", did you miss me?