Good college starter

Default Re: The Knicks Starting Lineup for 08-09

Quote Originally Posted by DatPrince

PG: Chris Duhon
    SG: Jamal Crawford
    SF: Wilson Chandler
    PF: David Lee
    C: Eddie Curry

thats not that bad hopefully Randolph and or Curry are gone by the start of the season

Wilson Chandler gives me alot to look forward to this upcoming season this dudes gonna be a beast!!
    I actually like that lineup. A fast lineup and they have reasonable size.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

we would get blown out with that line-up.bottom line is,duhon is not a starting nba point guard.he hasn't given any valid reason to prove he ever will be one and no matter how much you hate him,marbury @ his worst has been and always will be better than duhon at his best.whats wrong with the knicks now is that we play to much favoritism and we dont ride out with our players.that goes from the management to the fans.we never gave steph his just do.the moment he started slumping,we booed him,benched him and criticized and its been downhill ever since.he's been the subject of trade rumors for years now.the only player we've shown constant forgiveness and trust in is eddy curry's fat @$$.we need to either make trades or put a lineup thats committed to playing hard and winning.so if we gotta lose with lee as a starter @ least we set the tone for a new culture and mindset.it isn't like we were winning anyway. honestly, i'd be willing to trade eddy curry for a 2nd round draft pick. ide do the same for jeffries and for randolph. winning can't be guaranteed but working hard can and if we are going to lose @ least let's lose with guys who take care of their bodies in the off season, who work on their games, who have a off season regimen,who get better. who dont make the same stupid lazy mistakes every year. as much as i like steph, it should apply to him too.selfishness,laziness,isolation cannot be tolerated and if it takes givin up talent to get back cap space and a cheap mediocre player or pick im all for it. as for tight now I'd shake up the lineup in the 1st few games.It might sound crazy but I'd start

Steph
    Chandler
    Lee
    Randolph
    Curry

w/ Crawford= 6th man getting alot of minutes @ the sg like manu n ben gordon

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    we would get blown out with that line-up.bottom line is,duhon is not a starting nba point guard...

Steph
    Chandler
    Lee
    Randolph
    Curry

w/ Crawford= 6th man getting alot of minutes @ the sg like manu n ben gordon
    This lineup, except for Chandler, just might be the worst starting five in terms of defense in the history of the sport.

Saw a basketball once

pg steph

sg crawford

sf chandler

pf lee

c curry

National High School Star

Duhon
    Crawford
    Chandler
    Lee
    Curry

duhon has his weaknesses but he provides stability in the backcourt. Steph and crawford in the backcourt might have too much trouble defensively and can become too turnover prone. Unless steph miraculously become motivated, duhon should start.

for sf, as much as I want qrich to start, I would rather see chandler start. Qrich misses games and it disrupts the chemistry and rhythm of the 1st 5. Having chandler start also gives them a versatile forward that can also defend. Qrich on the other hand will provide leadership and scoring punch off the bench

Lee is needed to offset the lack of rebounding of curry. He also excells in finishing fast breaks. Curry will provide the post presence.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Barring a trade, the starting lineup for the first quarter of the season will be basically the same as last season's except Wilson Chandler will replace Quentin Richardson. Initially D'Antoni is going to play his best five and see how things go.

Stephon Marbury
    Jamal Crawford
    Chandler
    Zach Randoplh
    Eddy Curry

By the last quater of the season I expect David Lee will replace Randolph.

Marbury
    Crawford
    Chandler
    Lee
    Curry

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I agree with KO on this one.

Marbury, as much as I don't particularly care for him on the team, is the best playmaker on the team.

He will start along with Zach and Curry.

The SG will be bewtween Q and Craw(preferrably Crawford).

SF should be Chandler. The guy has some game. Minutes will be key for him.

Duhon may get a few starts especially if Marbury blows up or gets traded/waived.

Still a questionable signing. Jury is going to be out some time as to him contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I agree with KO on this one.

Marbury, as much as I don't particularly care for him on the team, is the best playmaker on the team.

He will start along with Zach and Curry.

The SG will be bewtween Q and Craw(preferrably Crawford).

SF should be Chandler. The guy has some game. Minutes will be key for him.

Duhon may get a few starts especially if Marbury blows up or gets traded/waived.

Still a questionable signing. Jury is going to be out some time as to him contributing.
    Nice avatar.

Balkman, FTL.

Saw a basketball once

reality will give us this:

Marbury
    Crawford
    Richardson
    Randolph
    Lee

Lineup should be:

Marbury
    Chandler
    Richardson
    Randolph
    Lee

Check out my blog guys, make some comments

www.NyKnicksBeat.net

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan
    pg steph

sg crawford

sf chandler

pf lee

c curry
    I agree that these players are probably the best for there position (though i think randolph is a better scoring threat at power forward). However, the real question is who plays the best together? We know that each player has talent... the constant problem has been can they play together? Hopefully dantoni can work this thing out.