Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Default Does Lebron have ANY argument over Kareem?

Just wondering what people think.

Default Re: Does Lebron have ANY argument over Kareem?

It's close, that's why most have

1a Lebron
    1b Kareem
    2 Jordan
    3 etc
    4 etc

All the arguments. He has all the arguments over Kareem. I have Lebron higher all-time than basketball as a sport.

3-time NBA All-Star

He has alot actually. Kareem was a better scorer, rebounder and defender. He has more rings, mvp's and scoring titles. LeBron really dosnt have much of an argument over Kareem tbh.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    He has alot actually. Kareem was a better scorer, rebounder and defender. He has more rings, mvp's and scoring titles. LeBron really dosnt have much of an argument over Kareem tbh.
    Kareem played in the weakest era the 70's and got one ring before Magic saved him and he also won mvp's while not entering the playoffs. Yeah lebron is better then him. also he has only two final mvps and was lucky to get his last one in 1988 detroit were robbed from a bs foul call in game 6.

I know this is one of them rhetorical questions as OP is vet himself.

But objectively, no. That's why most knowledgeable fans have MJ/KAJ 1/2. Some have KAJ 1 and I am not going to argue to death about that. KAJ is the one guy who has a somewhat legit argument to be co-GOAT when you consider college, longevity, individual awards, peak, team accomplishments, stats, etc.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    I know this is one of them rhetorical questions as OP is vet himself.

But objectively, no. That's why most knowledgeable fans have MJ/KAJ 1/2. Some have KAJ 1 and I am not going to argue to death about that. KAJ is the one guy who has a somewhat legit argument to be co-GOAT when you consider college, longevity, individual awards, peak, team accomplishments, stats, etc.
    No legit argument for goat for me only two final mvps out of 10 trips that is shameful. and Bill walton would have kicked his ass if he stayed healthly like he did in 1977, he played in the weakest era and got only one ring. before Magic saved him and Wilt was giving it to him on one leg.

Local High School Star

No. Kareem is the GOAT.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Replay32
    No. Kareem is the GOAT.
    No

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Replay32
    No. Kareem is the GOAT.
    Kareem has 2 rings as "the man", compared to MJ's 6

Kareem also played with 9 all-star teammates, compared to MJ's 1

So Kareem has no case for goat over Jordan, but obviously all the arguments over Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by coastalmarker99
    No legit argument for goat for me only two final mvps out of 10 trips that is shameful. and Bill walton would have kicked his ass if he stayed healthly like he did in 1977, he played in the weakest era and got only one ring. before Magic saved him and Wilt was giving it to him on one leg.
    I know you can take the negative approach when it comes to KAJ and a lot warranted. So who is your GOAT?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    I know you can take the negative approach when it comes to KAJ and a lot warranted. So who is your GOAT?
    jordan then Wilt i think that wilt is the most talentled individual to ever play in that he could do anything. He wanted to like doing Bill russell role on the lakers and also him showing that he could change his playstyle three times and still be the best player in the nba for his first 7 years he was a scoreing machine then he lead the nba in assists and won the title while having the goat peak 1967 and then while a laker he was the best defensive player in the league and he has also has the records to back him up. and that's not counting how many records he would have if blocks and steals were tracked as he would be number one in blocks.
    Last edited by coastalmarker99; 10-16-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalmarker99
    He should've had 3 FMVPs, he got robbed in the '80 finals when he got injured and Magic had his famous 42/15 game. He absolutely dominated in the 5 games that he played which resulted in the Lakers having a 3-2 lead:

33/14/5/6 blocks
    38/14/3/5 blocks
    33/14/3/4 blocks
    23/11/4/4 blocks
    40/15/1/4 blocks (16-24 shooting, game 5 in a 2-2 series)

Imagine not winning FMVP with those kind of performances.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Kareem has 2 rings as "the man", compared to MJ's 6

Kareem also played with 9 all-star teammates, compared to MJ's 1

So Kareem has no case for goat over Jordan, but obviously all the arguments over Lebron
    thank you. Wilt was also better then Karrem it took the goat dynasty to beat him and they were very close defeats he lost 4 game 7's in total to bill by 9 points if those 9 points go Wilt's way we have a very different view on Wilt's legacy.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    He should've had 3 FMVPs, he got robbed in the '80 finals when he got injured and Magic had his famous 42/15 game. He absolutely dominated in the 5 games that he played which resulted in the Lakers having a 3-2 lead:

33/14/5/6 blocks
    38/14/3/5 blocks
    33/14/3/4 blocks
    23/11/4/4 blocks
    40/15/1/4 blocks (16-24 shooting, game 5 in a 2-2 series)

Imagine not winning FMVP with those kind of performances.
    i know that but Magic should have won the 1985 finals mvp he was the best player in that series so they both stole each other's finals mvp