Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Celtics offered Brown 4 years 80 million.

C's dodged a bullet. That bum isn't worth anywhere near $20m/year.

Good for him if he doesn't need the money right now and can afford to bet on himself. He can probably get more in a year if he shakes off "mamba mentality" this season. I'm sure he's got an insurance policy in case something physically catastrophic happens.

He may end up settling for a similar type of deal... but he probably sees a higher probability of eventually getting more than of getting less. So why not go for it?

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
    Good for him if he doesn't need the money right now and can afford to bet on himself. He can probably get more in a year if he shakes off "mamba mentality" this season. I'm sure he's got an insurance policy in case something physically catastrophic happens.

He may end up settling for a similar type of deal... but he probably sees a higher probability of eventually getting more than of getting less. So why not go for it?
    That is probably true. But it will be on a lottery team. Celtics brought in a couple good prospects and Brown is really disposable at this point. He hasn

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Now and then.....
    Brown just averaged 13 points in 26 minutes per. If that's the best he can do then you're right, he better take the money. But he doesn't think that and I'd guarantee that the Celtics don't either, else he wouldn't be getting offered the 80 mil. He's still developing as a player. It's early to be sure about but this preseason I've seen signs of improved ball handling, for example. He could get up to 18ppg just by getting stripped less close to the basket when trying to finish. This is not a bad risk for him. His agent should look at Otto Porter making 26 mil per with comparable numbers in their third seasons. If Porter can get that why can't Brown? Even if the Celtics won't do that someone else will.

Before anyone mentions it, I will be the first to tell you the wizards screwed up with Porter. But what's relevant to the discussion is that they gave him that deal so someone out there would be willing to pay Brown.

[quote=AirBonner]That is probably true. But it will be on a lottery team. Celtics brought in a couple good prospects and Brown is really disposable at this point. He hasn

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

lol offering a role player 20 million a year, Celtics are dumb af

Brown is even dumber thinking he's about to get a better offer

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I generally support going for it and betting on yourself if you know youre willing to put in the work......but he

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Brown just averaged 13 points in 26 minutes per. If that's the best he can do then you're right, he better take the money. But he doesn't think that and I'd guarantee that the Celtics don't either, else he wouldn't be getting offered the 80 mil. He's still developing as a player. It's early to be sure about but this preseason I've seen signs of improved ball handling, for example. He could get up to 18ppg just by getting stripped less close to the basket when trying to finish. This is not a bad risk for him. His agent should look at Otto Porter making 26 mil per with comparable numbers in their third seasons. If Porter can get that why can't Brown? Even if the Celtics won't do that someone else will.

Before anyone mentions it, I will be the first to tell you the wizards screwed up with Porter. But what's relevant to the discussion is that they gave him that deal so someone out there would be willing to pay Brown.
    Porter is a 50/40/90 role player wing who got paid that one huge cap spike year. I don't see why he wouldn't take the money, but you're right about him wanting to bet on himself. Idk if he can make the jump though, he's behind Walker, Tatum, and Hayward in the scoring department no?

Imagine declining $80 mother****ing million

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

another dummy...

this guy aint good at ball hes another athleticism hype project.

no way hell ever be able to shoot, or make intelligent decisions on the floor. mfer cant even dribble outside of line driving.

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Porter is a 50/40/90 role player wing who got paid that one huge cap spike year. I don't see why he wouldn't take the money, but you're right about him wanting to bet on himself. Idk if he can make the jump though, he's behind Walker, Tatum, and Hayward in the scoring department no?
    Walker and Tatum, yes. But between him and Hayward it's up in the air and will depend on who is more aggressive as much as anything. And Brown is aggressive. He doesn't bust a play if it's called for someone else but when the ball is in his hands he attacks.

Local High School Star

Insanely stupid to turn that down. It's not even about whether he succeeds in getting more; you don't **** around with that much guaranteed money on the off chance of getting more unless you're already rich as hell. For a young player with his talent limitations, it's the cockiest shit ever. This ***** blows out his ACL and people will be laughing at him in public.

What an idiot.. and we thought Noel and Sprewell were dumb

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    What an idiot.. and we thought Noel and Sprewell were dumb
    Unless he ends up like those two he's not as stupid yet

You can always count on Danny Ainge being an absolute joke of a GM