Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis

Banned

Default Anthony Davis

Averaging 32, 13 and 4 blocks these last four games and has 34, 15 and 2 blocks right now with 6 minutes left to go. Going for 40.

This guy is gonna be scary good in a few years.

EDIT: Finished with...

Last edited by Shade8780; 03-16-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Default Re: Anthony Davis

I can't believe people were actually calling him a bust last season. He's only 20 and he's averaging 20/10. I honestly think he can become a better player than KG. He has a chance. I mean look at those stats! Already doing big things at such a young age. Pelicans/Hornets were extremely lucky they won that 2012 lottery. I wonder how the Bobcats are feeling right now...

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

His team isn't making the playoffs. If Kevin Love puts up empty stats then so does this guy. Note, I don't believe in 'empty stats' and do think he's a beast, but you can't say one has empty stats and not the other.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    I can't believe people were actually calling him a bust last season. He's only 20 and he's averaging 20/10. I honestly think he can become a better player than KG. He has a chance. I mean look at those stats! Already doing big things at such a young age. Pelicans/Hornets were extremely lucky they won that 2012 lottery. I wonder how the Bobcats are feeling right now...
    MKG

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    His team isn't making the playoffs. If Kevin Love puts up empty stats then so does this guy. Note, I don't believe in 'empty stats' and do think he's a beast, but you can't say one has empty stats and not the other.
    Yeah, except one is a sophomore and the other one is in his 6th year. Also, one has Monty Williams as a coach, the other one has Rick Adelman.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    His coach ****ing sucks. KG couldnt lead the Timberwolves very far when he played for them, but when he got a better team, he won the title.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I saw him as a sure-fire All-Star and probable eventual superstar coming into the draft, and he's even better than I thought he'd be. It still grates at me how close the Cavs were to getting him. First, they "won" the coin flip with the Pels to get in the 4th position in the lottery. Had that been tails instead of heads, AD would be a Cavalier right now. Then, in the lottery drawing, the Cavs were one number away from landing the top spot. It was down to the Pels and Cavs for No. 1. Their number came up.

Anyway, he's a rare talent. I could see him absolutely being a centerpiece on a championship team... maybe several.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 03-16-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Banned

Im gonna get eyebrow implants. I want a unibrow like Davis.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

That's a lot of putbacks and dunks!

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

1st ballot

Don't know about team accomplishments, but I see his ability reaching Duncan/KG level. He has that potential, hell maybe even more.

Best big man in the league.

Banned

Has a career-high 40 points on 67% FG along with 15 rebounds, 3 blocks, a steal and 12-12 shooting from the line. Almost hit a game winner until Humphries hit a jumper with 1 second left to send it to overtime.

Watch this ****ing game, it's awesome.

second best player in the league after Durant.

Davis is absolutely killin' it