Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: The NBA needs more white superstars

Blacks tend to be more athletic which basketball often relies on, it's just the way the game has progressed.

I personally don't care who plays in the league as long as they perform and actually have respect for the game and it's fans.

Scal
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I must say, as a whitey, it doesn't worry me that NBA is dominated mainly by people with a different ethnicity to me. I still love the game.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    Blacks tend to be more athletic which basketball often relies on, it's just the way the game has progressed.

I personally don't care who plays in the league as long as they perform and actually have respect for the game and it's fans.
    you do realize there is more to athleticism than speed and vertical leap right? things like endurance coordination flexibility agility balance reaction time..

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PaPaK
    you do realize there is more to athleticism than speed and vertical leap right? things like endurance coordination flexibility agility balance reaction time..
    You do realise that it's a well known fact that Blacks have more fast twitch muscle fibres (type 2) in their genetic make up than whites.

What you listed is also irrelevant as they are all attainable through training. God given ability/advantage is not.

You do realise that it's a well known fact that Blacks have more fast twitch muscle fibres (type 2) in their genetic make up than whites.

What you listed is also irrelevant as they are all attainable through training. God given ability/advantage is not.
    i know they do, blacks are superior in certain aspects of athleticism which makes them better suited to basketball but it sure isnt like that across other sports.. tennis (coordination, endurance..), soccer (worlds most popular sport), olympic weight lifting (pure strength), swimming and so on are dominated by non blacks, its a fact

get my point?
    Last edited by PaPaK; 11-22-2010 at 09:10 AM.

College superstar

i know they do, blacks are superior in certain aspects of athleticism which makes them better suited to basketball but it sure isnt like that across other sports.. tennis (coordination, endurance..), soccer (worlds most popular sport), olympic weight lifting (pure strength), swimming and so on are dominated by non blacks, its a fact

get my point?
    are you serious?

Were not talking about other sports, were talking about basketball. Speed and vertical are two very important aspects in this game.

Ofcourse other sports are dominated by non blacks but that has nothing to do with what the O.P is saying.

well you said that blacks tend to be more athletic which i said was not true, you weren't specific

another thing (non related really) with basketball is that in order to play it on a higher level a person has to be taller than average, actually much taller than average, i mean 6 footers can play it but they are massively disadvantaged from the start, that alone will be a determining factor in basketball never becoming no1 sport.. soccer on the other hand, even midgets like messi and maradona can be the best in the world..

theres other things like facilities, you need hoops and concreted surface n shit, while for soccer all you need is a ball (im talking bout grass-roots level here)

finally, relative to this thread, its dominated by one race therefore most of the world cant really identify with the players

pretty sad coz its an awesome sport but these are just the facts of life

College superstar

well you said that blacks tend to be more athletic which i said was not true, you weren't specific
    I was specific, I listed two examples of what basketball requires physically and said blacks tend to be better as they have more fast twitch muscle fibres (which they do) which are responsible for attributes like speed and vertical.

Anyone who looks at what I said can perfectly understand the point I was making.

Try thinking before you post.

Good High School Starter 100grandman's Avatar

Kind of racist for Larry to say. Never liked him much anyway. But that's why the NFL is more popular than the NBA. You have the most important position in the sport (quarterback) dominated by white players, so naturally more white people watch it.

listen mate, no need to be a prick k?
    this was your first post on which i replied and you weren't specific in it, no mention of fast twitch fibres or vertical leap, just "Blacks tend to be more athletic"

Banned

The problem is that todays superstars are a lot "more black" then they used to be in the 80es or 90es.

Guys like Jordan,Malone,Robinson,Hakeem,Magic,Ewing,Drexler, Dominique,Parish,Gervin, and so on were dressing, behaving and living white. There was nothing particular black about them except for their skin. Hence the ordinary white American middle class fan had no problem identifying and cheering for those type of players.
    However, over the course of the 90es this has changed a lot. The Hip Hop culture took over basketball and black nba players changed. The way they dressed, they behaved and so on, suddenly it all had to fit this hip hop culture thing.
    This may have attracted some knew fans, especially among youngsters, but many white middle class men turned their backs on the NBA. And after all this has alaways been the biggest fangroup. That's really a key reason why the NBA has lost so much popularity. I am not judging this. But it's a fact.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    The jazz have a white rookie don't they? Haywood or something...
    He's extra white lol..
    He's not star and he sucks. Probably one of the reasons why Utah will never win a title, they think there's a great white American hope out there who will get them a title.

Me Da Bess.

To defend white people I would say that white men are just as strong, not as athletic but just as strong or even stronger.

Oh and black people can't swim right?

Very good NBA starter

bird was just stating.... the fking obvious.