Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: LMAO Miami are really 8-5?!?!?

You see the trivial, and miss the big picture. It's the same logical fallacy most fans are guilty of.

Quote Originally Posted by mamba24
    thats basketball expect the unexpected...did you think tim duncan would sink a 3 in the playoffs against the suns?
    The relevant question is, "Did I think the fundamentally sound Spurs would defeat the flippant and gimmicky Suns in a long series?" The answer, of course, is yes. The rest was just details. Logic won out.

Did you think Ron artest would be the hero of game 7 when he sucked the rest of the series?
    I thought the Lakers would win. They did. The better team won a seven game series. The rest was just details. Logic won out.

did you think that the young chicago bulls would take the celtics to 7 games?
    I thought the Celtics would win. They did. The better team won a seven game series. The rest was just details. Logic won out.

did you think wesley matthews would sink the game winner for utah against the cavs?
    I have no idea what this even refers to. Some meaningless regular season contest that had no effect on the season of either team, most likely.

Its those players who you least expect who mostly put the nail in the coffin against the teams who think they can walk all over them.

The nba is bigger than lebron or any other big time superstar...Its pure will...and i for one love the fact these small name guys keep proving all you superstar nut huggers that the nba is a team game and not a solo game..
    And see, everything you wrote here is just so completely wrong as to be entirely ass backwards. In every example above, THE BIG GUY WON. In every example above, THINGS WENT EXACTLY AS EXPECTED. In every example above, the "superstars" you go out of your way to say are irrelevant, in fact contributed so much over the course of the series or season that the "nut huggers" were once again proven to be correct, and smarter about basketball than you. Those nails in the coffin never arrived. They never do.

And it's why, over the course of a season, a Miami team loaded with this much top-level talent is going to win out as well. Logic always triumphs. The best players always win. The little guy with the heart of a giant who tries as hard as he can and never gives up makes for a cute little highlight and maybe a motivational poster for the world's also-rans. But at the end of the day, Duncan wins. Celts win. Lakers win. Lebron and Wade win.

Sucks to be you.

Please contact

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard
    You see the trivial, and miss the big picture. It's the same logical fallacy most fans are guilty of.

The relevant question is, "Did I think the fundamentally sound Spurs would defeat the flippant and gimmicky Suns in a long series?" The answer, of course, is yes. The rest was just details. Logic won out.

I thought the Lakers would win. They did. The better team won a seven game series. The rest was just details. Logic won out.

I thought the Celtics would win. They did. The better team won a seven game series. The rest was just details. Logic won out.

I have no idea what this even refers to. Some meaningless regular season contest that had no effect on the season of either team, most likely.

And see, everything you wrote here is just so completely wrong as to be entirely ass backwards. In every example above, THE BIG GUY WON. In every example above, THINGS WENT EXACTLY AS EXPECTED. In every example above, the "superstars" you go out of your way to say are irrelevant, in fact contributed so much over the course of the series or season that the "nut huggers" were once again proven to be correct, and smarter about basketball than you. Those nails in the coffin never arrived. They never do.

And it's why, over the course of a season, a Miami team loaded with this much top-level talent is going to win out as well. Logic always triumphs. The best players always win. The little guy with the heart of a giant who tries as hard as he can and never gives up makes for a cute little highlight and maybe a motivational poster for the world's also-rans. But at the end of the day, Duncan wins. Celts win. Lakers win. Lebron and Wade win.

Sucks to be you.
    2006-07 Dallas Mavericks

Local High School Star Alhazred's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard
    \
    So true, remember when the '04 Lakers beat the inferior Detroit Pistons? Oh, wait....

Until Miami get's a solid defensive big who can rebound and an offense that flows better, they'll be lucky to get out of the second round. Two all-star wings and a face-up power forward do not win a championship by themselves without a solid supporting cast.

It's no big deal that the Heat lost those early games

Several of their early losses were to a few really good teams

The Heat also had no real preseason, with lots of injuries and no time to develop chemistry

They've also been playing without Mike Miller, who should be their 4th best player

(Lousy that Udonis Haslem is now out...)

No need for alarm, yet

I knew this shit would happen based on the 2010 allstar game when Lebron tried to outgun Wade even though wade was shooting fire and Lebron was only putting up bricks, then when Wade won allstar MVP Lebron threw a bitch tantrum.

Chemistry is important in basketball, I knew they'd be able to play Iso Lebron ball and beat the bad teams in the league but I knew they'd suck against anyone legit, btw Wade should be the one dominating the ball with Lebron playing off it, not the other way around

Did ESPN take down the countdown to 72-10 yet just like they took down the "Lebron Triple Double watch"?

Quote Originally Posted by blondie
    Did ESPN take down the countdown to 72-10 yet just like they took down the "Lebron Triple Double watch"?
    They did

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

I knew this shit would happen based on the 2010 allstar game when Lebron tried to outgun Wade even though wade was shooting fire and Lebron was only putting up bricks, then when Wade won allstar MVP Lebron threw a bitch tantrum.
    Really?? I don't recall....What happened with James again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avHag...eature=related

here he is making excuses with Mo why they can't beat the Lakers

He has always had a loser quitter attitude I have said this since his second year in the league, I used to get attacked by the Cavs homers but now it seems everyone is seeing what I've been seeing the whole time

here he is quitting on court in one of the biggest games of his career
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d-Mnfz6iB0

and saying "Im not an excuse guy" and has had "3 bad games in a 7 year career"

He's not an excuse guy but was making excuses to Mo earlier in the year about why they couldnt beat the Lakers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avHag...eature=related

here he is making excuses with Mo why they can't beat the Lakers

He has always had a loser quitter attitude I have said this since his second year in the league, I used to get attacked by the Cavs homers but now it seems everyone is seeing what I've been seeing the whole time

here he is quitting on court in one of the biggest games of his career
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d-Mnfz6iB0

and saying "Im not an excuse guy" and has had "3 bad games in a 7 year career"

He's not an excuse guy but was making excuses to Mo earlier in the year about why they couldnt beat the Lakers

you are damn right.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavageMode
    This thread is meaningless. The fact is the Heat have a bright future and are title contenders for the next 6-7 years. Don't know about the OP's team. It's crucial for this team to lose early, so they can learn the flaws and reintegrate. Basic.

Amazing clutch shot by Rudy but in fact, the Grizzlies will never make the NBA finals with the Lakers running the West.
    How do you know the Heat will be title contenders for the next 6-7 years? They are on pace to win 50 games maybe. I know that is good enough to usually get a top 4 seed in the East, but why are they already title contenders?