Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Nowitzki Questioning Mavs

With the Dallas Mavericks' 12-season playoff streak in serious jeopardy, star forward Dirk Nowitzki expressed strong doubt about the front office's plan for the franchise's future, even wondering whether it'd be in the Mavs' best interests to trade him.

Nowitzki, who was admittedly disappointed and frustrated after the Mavs dropped to eight games below .500 with their eighth loss in nine games Saturday night, told ESPNDallas.com that owner Mark Cuban's post-lockout decision to let Tyson Chandler and other key members of the 2011 title team leave could be judged as "a mistake or not" after seeing whether the Mavs are able to make any major personnel moves this summer.
    "It's going to be tough now," Nowitzki said after the Mavs' home overtime loss to the Western Conference cellar-dwelling New Orleans Hornets. "I always liked to think you don't want to build your franchise on hope.

"We hoped for Deron last year. We hoped for Dwight. Why would he leave the Lakers? To me, it makes no sense. He's in a great situation. Why would CP3 leave? (The Los Angeles Clippers are) the best team in the league probably right now. They're probably the deepest team. So are you going to hope that we get something?
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ves-build-hope

Dirk for Green and Fab Melo, Boston can strengthen their run these last few years and Dallas can begin rebuilding.

Banned

Default Re: Nowitzki Questioning Mavs

Tons of people including me criticized Cuban's decisoon to blow up that team. Where are the people who thought Mayo was the future of this team and 3rd best SG? Dude has vanished into thin air.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Mark did take a huge gamble but this is one of those thing where if Deron and Dwight go to Dallas, he's called a genius. And if they don't, he's called a risk taker. He should have re-signed Terry and Chandler though and kept everyone for another couple of years. Emulate the Spurs and Celtics.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Mark did take a huge gamble but this is one of those thing where if Deron and Dwight go to Dallas, he's called a genius. And if they don't, he's called a risk taker. He should have re-signed Terry and Chandler though and kept everyone for another couple of years. Emulate the Spurs and Celtics.
    When coming off a title you NEVER take a risk like that.

3-time NBA All-Star

Had they brought back everyone last year, the only teams last year that might've been better then the Mavs were the Heat and Thunder, two teams that the Mavs beat on their way to a title in 2011. It was a huge mistake to not bring back Chandler, Barea, and Stevenson last year, and then Kidd and JT this year. They could've also been a contender this year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Redemption
    Says random bum to championship winning and perennial playoff team owner.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Had they brought back everyone last year, the only teams last year that might've been better then the Mavs were the Heat and Thunder, two teams that the Mavs beat on their way to a title in 2011. It was a huge mistake to not bring back Chandler, Barea, and Stevenson last year, and then Kidd and JT this year. They could've also been a contender this year as well.
    I'd say its short sighted to match the Chandler and Barea contracts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Borat
    Says random bum to championship winning and perennial playoff team owner.
    And now they sot out of the playoff picture. Use your head dude. Barea is expendable but Terry, Chandler and Kidd should have been kept.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Toronto 1st+PJIII+Perkins+fillers for Dirk

Westbrook
    Martin
    Durant
    Dirk
    Ibaka

Good luck NBA

Dirk has a no trade clause. And he doesn't seem like the quitting type who will request a trade. He'll just play it out and see what happens.

And now they sot out of the playoff picture. Use your head dude. Barea is expendable but Terry, Chandler and Kidd should have been kept.
    This thread will be redundant next season, when Terry and Kidd are useless and Chandler's contract is 14m for 8/8 in 25 mins.
    Chandler had one good season and the Knicks threw 50m at him, it is completely plausible to not sign him given his injury history.

Meanwhile the Mavs have a possible lottery pick (not sure if owned or traded away), some good core guys and positioned for Dwight, CP3, Smoove, Jennings, Ellis, Pekovic, Bynum, Evans, Al Jeff, Millsap and a slew of good role players.

Positioned for 3-5 years of success instead of getting bounced by Thunder then 5 years of mediocrity.
    Use YOUR head son.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Borat
    This thread will be redundant next season, when Terry and Kidd are useless and Chandler's contract is 14m for 8/8 in 25 mins.
    Chandler had one good season and the Knicks threw 50m at him, it is completely plausible to not sign him given his injury history.

Meanwhile the Mavs have a possible lottery pick (not sure if owned or traded away), some good core guys and positioned for Dwight, CP3, Smoove, Jennings, Ellis, Pekovic, Bynum, Evans, Al Jeff, Millsap and a slew of good role players.

Positioned for 3-5 years of success instead of getting bounced by Thunder then 5 years of mediocrity.
    Use YOUR head son.
    You don't see the idiocy of going from title to rebuild the next year? Sure falling apart means better picks but I think anybody would prefer possibly another ring than rebuilding for the future. I know Dirk would.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Deron said he was considering going to Dallas so I guess Mark thought if Deron goes then Dwight would shortly follow. You can't fault him for that. Mark is one of the most intelligent men in the world. If Deron had just said "It's only the Nets" from the start, Mark would've re-signed everyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Deron said he was considering going to Dallas so I guess Mark thought if Deron goes then Dwight would shortly follow. You can't fault him for that. Mark is one of the most intelligent men in the world. If Deron had just said "It's only the Nets" from the start, Mark would've re-signed everyone.
    You ever hear the very famous saying "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"? In other words.... it's better not to gamble when you already have something good. I just think if I was an owner after winning a championship like that in such a beautiful way the LAST thing on my mind would be the future or saving money... or swinging for a free agent home run.

What's even more troubling is anybody who knows basketball could see the way the Mavs were built they were a matchup nightmare for Miami and OKC both, whom would be the most likely teams they will have to go through the couple years following their title. In other words I truly feel the Mavs could still be a threat for the finals right now if they stayed together for another year or two (so let's say 4 seasons after that title).

boozer+deng+teague+butler+1st for dirk+marion.

Noah
    Dirk
    Marion
    Bellineli
    Rose