Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Bledsoe

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    He also raped on Conley and Mayo. Bottom line is... Grizzlies and Spurs fans not in denial know what's up.
    You want Paul George or Klay Thompson for a player that had a good playoff run because he was matched up against 1 leg Gilbert arenas and a good preseason. Who's in denial? Imagine if you were the clippers gm and called the pacers or warriors and said you wanted them for Eric Bledsoe

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    You want Paul George or Klay Thompson for a player that had a good playoff run because he was matched up against 1 leg Gilbert arenas and a good preseason. Who's in denial? Imagine if you were the clippers gm and called the pacers or warriors and said you wanted them for Eric Bledsoe
    I think value wise... if he continues this play through this season, yes it would be a valid trade. I do think you're severely undervaluing him in the eyes of GM's. Bledsoe's peak play is better than anything we have seen from George or Thompson. Although obviously as starters with more minutes George and Thompson had more chance to show their game.

Besides when I said "Only ones I'd really take" I didn't mean Bledsoe is of the same value right now, just saying I'd rather keep him as a 6th man than trade for a lesser SG than that. He better be bringing back a high upside SG in return with a decade of good years left.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    He was matched up against Gilbert arenas
    Arenas barely played at all.

Give it a year... and people will see. Now finally people are admitting he's a good player (called him scrub last year)... by end of this year you'll think it's a fair trade. BTW Lol at Grizzlies fans of all people degrading Bledsoe when he obliterated your guards on defense.
    so just because no one on here is stupid enough to think that bledsoe is anywhere near equivalent to thompson or george, that means we are degrading him? You act like you are the first person on the clippers speed dial. THEY DONT EVEN KNOW YOU EXIST

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I think value wise... if he continues this play through this season, yes it would be a valid trade. I do think you're severely undervaluing him in the eyes of GM's. Bledsoe's peak play is better than anything we have seen from George or Thompson. Although obviously as starters with more minutes George and Thompson had more chance to show their game.

Besides when I said "Only ones I'd really take" I didn't mean Bledsoe is of the same value right now, just saying I'd rather keep him as a 6th man than trade for a lesser SG than that. He better be bringing back a high upside SG in return with a decade of good years left.
    Holy f*ck my minds blown. Bledsoe's peak play? You mean 3 or 4 big games in the playoffs to go along with a few decent games, few non factors and PRESEASON? That's peak play now?

He's a good defensive player who's NOT elite yet because he hasn't got a chance to prove it. Once he plays atleast 20+ minutes and guards the best players for longer stretches consistently over a season, I'll give you that. He is really good defensively, can't call him elite yet.

It's just insane to me ... like even if he breaks out and becomes better than MJ you're still off your rocker with bias. J.R Smith has gone off for 40, Linas Kleiza has had huge games.

People need to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    so just because no one on here is stupid enough to think that bledsoe is anywhere near equivalent to thompson or george, that means we are degrading him? You act like you are the first person on the clippers speed dial. THEY DONT EVEN KNOW YOU EXIST
    Okay tell me what Klay does besides score. Sure dude was nice and put up 17 ppg as starter but for the year he put up 12 ppg, 2.5 rpg and 2 apg with ZERO defense. He's a pure shooter and will likely improve but how much value exactly do you think he has? Paul George is a very good all around prospect and put up 12 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 spg but is this all star level or something?

It seems you guys are putting these prospects on a pedestal just to slander Bledsoe. Bledsoe hasn't had anywhere near the opportunity of these two guys but he's got fantastic upside.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Holy f*ck my minds blown. Bledsoe's peak play? You mean 3 or 4 big games in the playoffs to go along with a few decent games, few non factors and PRESEASON? That's peak play now?

He's a good defensive player who's NOT elite yet because he hasn't got a chance to prove it. Once he plays atleast 20+ minutes and guards the best players for longer stretches consistently over a season, I'll give you that. He is really good defensively, can't call him elite yet.

It's just insane to me ... like even if he breaks out and becomes better than MJ you're still off your rocker with bias. J.R Smith has gone off for 40, Linas Kleiza has had huge games.

People need to relax.
    Numbers dispute that. His man defense per synergy is among the "elite"... and his defensive rebounding, blocks and steals are elite.

Okay tell me what Klay does besides score. Sure dude was nice and put up 17 ppg as starter but for the year he put up 12 ppg, 2.5 rpg and 2 apg with ZERO defense. He's a pure shooter and will likely improve but how much value exactly do you think he has? Paul George is a very good all around prospect and put up 12 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 spg but is this all star level or something?

It seems you guys are putting these prospects on a pedestal just to slander Bledsoe. Bledsoe hasn't had anywhere near the opportunity of these two guys but he's got fantastic upside.

Exactly. Until Bledsoe actually proves something in another scenario than role player off the bench,this discussion is closed

NBA rookie of the year

He wasn't even healthy from knee surgery until late May-early April.. so this means nothing. His shooting when he got healthy around playoff time was superb. Besides his great value as a player comes from defense, rebounding and occasionally passing, not scoring. I don't think he will ever be more than a 12-15 ppg scorer and it doesn't mean he can't be a borderline all star, or even all star depending on circumstances. He's an elite defensive and rebounding guard in this league with underrating passing ability.
    So now it was all about him not being healthy...
    Again, I'm not denying his defensive skills but you're spamming way too much about him.

BTW you don't think 5 rpg, 2.5 spg and 1 bpg for a 6'0 PG or any PG for that matter is superb?

His PER 36 this preseason is even better.

16 ppg, 6 rpg, 5.3 apg, 3.5 spg, .7 bpg.

I'm telling you right now the league is in for a Bledsoe raping.
    I'm a rocket fan, I saw the meat ball Lowry who's 6'0 grab 4.6 rebounds per game last season on a 32 minute average. So no, I'm not high at all about Bledsoe's per 36 minute average last season and especially not considering his turnovers and his fouls.

And his per 36 minute average is not an intelligent thing to mention time after time to start with, he averaged 11.6 minutes per game last season. It doesn't say that much about how he'd do over 36 minutes.

And you can't be serious, so now you're using his PER 36 in the freaking preseason in a try to convince us about his greatness..

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    So now it was all about him not being healthy...
    Again, I'm not denying his defensive skills but you're spamming way too much about him.

I'm a rocket fan, I saw the meat ball Lowry who's 6'0 grab 4.6 rebounds per game last season on a 32 minute average. So no, I'm not high at all about Bledsoe's per 36 minute average last season and especially not considering his turnovers and his fouls.

And his per 36 minute average is not an intelligent thing to mention time after time to start with, he averaged 11.6 minutes per game last season. It doesn't say that much about how he'd do over 36 minutes.

And you can't be serious, so now you're using his PER 36 in the freaking preseason in a try to convince us about his greatness..
    Naw... I'm saying when he gets starter minutes or even good minutes he produces and PER 36 projections just help show that. Lowry is an elite rebounding guard so nothing to talk about there. BTW not spamming at all.. just bumped this thread after the best game of any player this preseason, don't see the big deal. Definitely no reason for you and Brandon to troll the thread.

Preseason or not it's rare for a player to have a near triple double with steals.

NBA rookie of the year

I'm going to stick to updating this thread with big games and letting people discuss him but not going to argue with a bunch of trolls like Millwad and Brandon. People will see this year and all I can say is a lot of what I get accused of being a homer for (like Bledsoe being a monster) will be proven by the Clippers this year for me.

Oh, so now I'm a troll for replying with actual facts..
    And who are you to call anyone a troll?

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Numbers dispute that. His man defense per synergy is among the "elite"... and his defensive rebounding, blocks and steals are elite.
    His numbers don't dispute that when you put them into context. He does those things in limited minutes. If Kobe Bryant didn't score 20+ a game and played 28 minutes a game he'd be INSANE on defense. Bledsoe is a very good defensive player in the minutes he plays. Will that translate if he becomes a starter? It very well could. For all I know he wins a DPOTY award 5 years from now.

As it stands right now you can't call him elite when there's games where he'll play like 8 minutes. It's insane. Games aren't decided by PER36. Things change in an extra 5 minutes, 10 or whatever. A guy scores 5 points in 5 minutes, doesn't mean he'll score 10 in 10 minutes. Basketball doesn't work like that, math does.

NBA rookie of the year

Naw... I'm saying when he gets starter minutes or even good minutes he produces and PER 36 projections just help show that. Lowry is an elite rebounding guard so nothing to talk about there. BTW not spamming at all.. just bumped this thread after the best game of any player this preseason, don't see the big deal. Definitely no reason for you and Brandon to troll the thread.
    Too early to predict, you're judging him based on a run he had in the playoffs over 11 games and the freaking pre-season, you're even worse than all those who spammed about the Linsanity-stuff last season.

And I showed you that his PER 36 last season wasn't anything to be proud over, 4.5 fouls and 3.6 turnovers while shooting the ball with a very low FG%..

And how the hell am I trolling the thread? You're the one who spam pure nonsense..

Preseason or not it's rare for a player to have a near triple double with steals.
    Seriously, that's one game and it's the freaking pre-season..