Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Pau's Passiveness

Pau Gasol is shooting 44% from the field against OKC right now(which is actually inflated somewhat by all the layups and tip ins he gets.. his 1 on 1 game and shot have been atrocious), not fighting for position, getting locked up by Ibaka, and passing the ball in critical moments when he has open looks..

Are people seriously denying that he is playing extremely passively?

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Default Re: Pau's Passiveness

He has been playing passive since our second of the back to back championships. It's like he gave a life's worth of aggression against Boston in the 2010 finals and had none left after. His passiveness killed us last year in the playoffs and it's hurting us again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    He has been playing passive since our second of the back to back championships. It's like he gave a life's worth of aggression against Boston in the 2010 finals and had none left after. His passiveness killed us last year in the playoffs and it's hurting us again this year.
    I think hes still troubled by the whole girlfriend/vanessabryant fiasco. That stuff stays on your mind alot.

Lakers were doing just fine before the Mavs series, look like they were well on their way to a 3rd championship. Chemistry issue popped up

Magic Johnson

Part of his problem is Bynum. With Bynum on the court, Gasol is relegated to the third option, and given that our first option is a fat ass (Kobe) that means Gasol rarely eats very much. His mentality has regressed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    I think hes still troubled by the whole girlfriend/vanessabryant fiasco. That stuff stays on your mind alot.

Lakers were doing just fine before the Mavs series, look like they were well on their way to a 3rd championship. Chemistry issue popped up
    ROFL.. LKobe just had a divorce and lost 150 mil. Why isnt he playing like a bitch?

The fact is the only Lakers that will even attempt to shoot the ball or make a move in the clutch for LA are:

Kobe
    Metta
    Bynum

Everyone else is playing scared out of their fvcking minds.

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal

Well that doesnt make any sense man.

I PLAY BASKETBALL. Shit is fun. Whenever I play, basketball and WINNING, are the ONLY things on my mind.

I've had many personal problems in life and whenever I play, Not one thought goes to them. On the court, nothing else matters. Nothing else should except winning and beating your opponent.

Now imagine playing in the NBA and ball being your life? In front of all those people? in the playoffs?
    Why the **** would you even use that as an excuse

/rant.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    ROFL.. LKobe just had a divorce and lost 150 mil. Why isnt he playing like a bitch?

The fact is the only Lakers that will even attempt to shoot the ball or make a move in the clutch for LA are:

Kobe
    Metta
    Bynum

Everyone else is playing scared out of their fvcking minds.

Exactly my boy.

Read my post.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Im sorry...whats Kobe shooting again?

39%

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Part of his problem is Bynum. With Bynum on the court, Gasol is relegated to the third option, and given that our first option is a fat ass (Kobe) that means Gasol rarely eats very much. His mentality has regressed, though.
    Gasol has been given plenty of opportunities to 'eat'.. he just doesnt take them. Ibaka has been manhandling him off the block and hes been afraid to ever take him 1 on 1. Kobe threw him a fvcking pass in the most critical moment of the game and he was scared to dribble or shoot. The ball was like a hot potatoe.

Even at the start of the 4th when it was Metta/Pau+scrubs(no Bynum or Kobe) it was Ron Artest carrying the offensive load and not Pau. He's completely scared and bitchmade man.

He's gotta be gone after this season right? Unless he hulks out and they reach the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain

39%
    Dont you see the problem you retard? Kobe wants to pass the ball.. none of his teammates besides a select few even want to touch it.

75% of the shots Kobe takes come with 5 seconds or less on the shotclock.. hes taking them out of complete necessity in the 4th. I guess he might as well let the clock expire to absolve his FG.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Trade pau in the off season for Scola and Dragic or lowry

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricGordon23
    Trade pau in the off season for Scola and Dragic or lowry
    You cant trade for dragic.

And Pau isnt worth scola and Lowry.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

39%
    I like how all these idiots can do is quote stats cuz it's really all they know. Then they try to pretend to be Jordan fans.

College star

You cant trade for dragic.

And Pau isnt worth scola and Lowry.
    Really? Because the Rockets have been obsessed with Pau since November.